Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You don't need a kinect or dance mat with Just Dance 2015 or 2016. They can be played using an app called Just Dance Controller from a smart phone.

I was not aware, that's good to know for Christmas now :D

Few posts on amazon now.

Not sure if I mentioned my recent misery with amazon or not on here? , I know I have in some of the other forums. I won't be shopping with them again until they sort out their shipping. Had to get refunds on my last 2 orders as they never showed up.

Long story short if you notice its being shipped with Ascendia I'd be cautious, going my own experience and others you have a 50/50 chance of getting your order from them, and even had the estimated delivery increased by 2 weeks and that was after the stuff was dispatched, and without being notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Few posts on amazon now.

Not sure if I mentioned my recent misery with amazon or not on here? , I know I have in some of the other forums. I won't be shopping with them again until they sort out their shipping. Had to get refunds on my last 2 orders as they never showed up.

Long story short if you notice its being shipped with Ascendia I'd be cautious, going my own experience and others you have a 50/50 chance of getting your order from them, and even had the estimated delivery increased by 2 weeks and that was after the stuff was dispatched, and without being notified.

I've had lots come from Amazon this week and last week and always 2 days after ordering.

• Advertisement

Few posts on amazon now.

I will keep an eye on my order so.
    I've been using Amazon for so many years and to date I have never had a problem with deliveries. Last time I ordered from them was March 2014

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've had lots come from Amazon this week and last week and always 2 days after ordering.

Depends who it was shipped with. 2 days would be normal if despatched by An Post/Royal Mail. If it is despatched by Ascendia it is usually 1-2 weeks if you are lucky. Still haven't had anything go missing from Amazon thankfully.

Zavvi on the other hand lost my copy of Arkham Knight, had to look for a replacement after 3 weeks, tooknearly another 3 weeks for the replacement to arrive. Looks like I might have to do the same with RotTR if that isn't waiting for me at home.

Posted this in the Games with Gold thread, probably more suited over here

CDKeys have Max: The Curse of Brotherhood as a Digital Code for both 360 and One. The 360 is €0.54 and the One is €2.74 if anyone is still looking for it
    There is also Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One - Digital Code for €26.15

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Revolut is very good when purchasing in a different currency. They also don't charge fees for converting and their exchange rate is much lower than BOI.

Excuse my ignorance but what's Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Excuse my ignorance but what's Revolut?

It's a prepaid Mastercard based primarily on your smartphone. You sign up and instantly get a free prepaid mastercard with some of the best exchange rates going, your card details are in the app so you can use it straight away but you can also order a physical card for free where you can use the card in shops here or abroad, so if you have funds left on your account, you can easily withdraw them from any atm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's a prepaid Mastercard based primarily on your smartphone. You sign up and instantly get a free prepaid mastercard with some of the best exchange rates going, your card details are in the app so you can use it straight away but you can also order a physical card for free where you can use the card in shops here or abroad, so if you have funds left on your account, you can easily withdraw them from any atm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

Kinda sounds to good to be true, no fees at all?

Kinda sounds to good to be true, no fees at all?

It's true. I along with many others on here have been using it for the past few months with no problems whatsoever.

They also give you £5 free when you use the code MSI when signing up (assuming it's still working) and another £5 for each friend you refer who tops up at least once up to a max of 5 friends I think.

They do say in their T&C that it's free for the first year at least, they then might start charging but they might not too.

Either way, use away for now, great service :D

Edit:
    "What is the fee structure?
    The Revolut app and multi-currency card are completely free.

Revolut offers the very best exchange rate available and applies no charges or fees. We guarantee this for the first 12 months of being a Revolut customer."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They also give you £5 free when you use the code MSI when signing up (assuming it's still working) and another £5 for each friend you refer who tops up at least once up to a max of 5 friends I think.

I think the code is MSE - stands for MoneySavingExpert, but I think you can generate your own code instead of using theirs.
    I don't know how, saw it elsewhere (maybe in that thread).

I just saw the list - http://majornelson.com/2015/12/17/here-are-the-new-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-titles-playable-today/

It must be to encourage buying newer games..

Allyall wrote: »
    I think the code is MSE - stands for MoneySavingExpert, but I think you can generate your own code instead of using theirs.
    I don't know how, saw it elsewhere (maybe in that thread).

I just saw the list - http://majornelson.com/2015/12/17/here-are-the-new-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-titles-playable-today/

It must be to encourage buying newer games..

Yep you're completely right, it is MSE. My bad.

I know you can just share a referral link, not sure about generating your own codes similar to MSE tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

nicklauski wrote: »
    Guitar Hero back in stock in Argos naas. €75 euro.
    Someone made a monumental F up on that pricing I'd say.

Congrats to anyone who got it at 28.99

Managed to get it at that price. Tried to reserve it in Carlow but it was gone by the time I completed the reservation but it turns out they weren't honouring them anyway. Got it in portlaoise no problem using the self service machine, so a big thank you to whoever originally spotted it and stuck it up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Ac syndicate just £23 on amazon including steelbook

Mad Max down to 49.99 in Argos can see it dropping more after christmas in most places though ?

Evolve down to 24.99 there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

On Argos dishonoured is €10 and the evil within is € 16 for xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

Halo 5 for €28.99 on Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

dinneenp wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good d game & price for a dancing game for an 8 year old girl? Just bought an xbox one, don't have any camera/dance mat etc yet.

Have you got a kinect? I have a download code for some version of just dance I got when I bought my one that I never used. So if you have a kinect your welcome to it.

• Advertisement

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Have you got a kinect? I have a download code for some version of just dance I got when I bought my one that I never used. So if you have a kinect your welcome to it.

Sure that isn't Dance Central, which as you mentioned requires a Kinect. Just Dance 2015 & 2016 don't require Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hococop wrote: »
    On Argos dishonoured is €10 and the evil within is € 16 for xb1

Is evil within worth it? Or could it be an upcoming Games with Gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Sure that isn't Dance Central, which as you mentioned requires a Kinect. Just Dance 2015 & 2016 don't require Kinect.

Could be I've honestly no idea I just know it's a dance game that requires Kinect

Todays offer on Amazon Turtle Beach Ear Force Titanfall Atlas (Xbox One/360/PC DVD) Normal Price £72.85 Amazon Deal £18
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HRKE1SI?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_3127_c4b57cc5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Showing up as full price for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sold out in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got them last year in the black Friday deal, paid £45 for them, they are very good, Hope a few here got them

Argos are selling the 500 GB One for €330 with Fifa Halo 5, Rare Replay and 1 month Ea Access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Amazon, fallout 4 for €42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    Amazon, fallout 4 for €42

I'd hang on the live sale will be next week and Fallout was shown in the trailer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement