Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Turtle beach ear force recon 50X €29 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Have you got a kinect? I have a download code for some version of just dance I got when I bought my one that I never used. So if you have a kinect your welcome to it.

I would love that code if you still have it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Buy an xbox one remote (€50) and get a play and charge kit (€20) free from argos
    Also buy an xbox one game ( halo rise of the tomb raider and a forza j think it was) and get €13 off a controller

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Rorok wrote: »
    Buy an xbox one remote (€50) and get a play and charge kit (€20) free from argos
    Also buy an xbox one game ( halo rise of the tomb raider and a forza j think it was) and get €13 off a controller

When adding tot he controller, its adding the full value of the charge kit too :mad:

• Advertisement

Thats an unreal price for borderlands when you consider the volume of content it has.

Fallout 4 44.99 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Were still €70 and €35 in store each on Saturday. Good deals though.

Evolve and Dishonored are also down to €10.

Fallout 4 and MGS5 down to €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Xtravison in Newbridge going to close permanent end of January and they have Xbox one 500gb rare/ori for 245€ if any good for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gonna hold off till tomorrow to see what the deals are like online as I've a load of credit. very tempted by borderlands 2 and fallout 4, but in the same breath, I'm reluctant to buy anymore massive timesinks. (still have the witcher 3 to get through)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gonna hold off till tomorrow to see what the deals are like online as I've a load of credit. very tempted by borderlands 2 and fallout 4, but in the same breath, I'm reluctant to buy anymore massive timesinks. (still have the witcher 3 to get through)

Fallout 4 is nowhere near Witcher level of content in fairness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dziabong

just quick look at xboxmarketplace , if anyone wants to buy Witcher 3 , if buying from Canadian marketplace with gold with current currency converter work out around 19,6 E
    Destiny Taken king Legendary edition is about 36E

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dziabong wrote: »
    just quick look at xboxmarketplace , if anyone wants to buy Witcher 3 , if buying from Canadian marketplace with gold with current currency converter work out around 19,6 E
    Destiny Taken king Legendary edition is about 36E

That's before tax. Cheapest region in Canada is Alberta I think with a 5% sales tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bah, borderlands for 15 was annoying me since I saw it. For that price it's worth it just to have it rot in a drawer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

too_sleepy wrote: »
    Amazon flash sale.
    Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4)

£159 down to £69

...but this is XBOX bargain alerts? :confused:

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Halo MCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Halo MCC?

Bricks and Mortar - HMV/Xtravision is €32.49, picked it up myself a few days ago. Was about €22 there during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales but I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Dishonored: Definitive Edition is €9.99 in Argos.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's before tax. Cheapest region in Canada is Alberta I think with a 5% sales tax.
    Can you link me to that info plese as I first hear about such thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but all prices on marketplace includes tax as i never paid more than price that is next to the game title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Rorok wrote: »

Just to warn people on this, the charge kit is only free when you buy the controller AND a headset. Not particularly clear on the website mind so managed to make a fool of myself on the shop this evening (though the lady in the shop was quite nice in pointing it out to me).

If anyone cares they seem to have 'new' controllers (with the 3.5 mm connector) though

Can you link me to that info plese as I first hear about such thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but all prices on marketplace includes tax as i never paid more than price that is next to the game title

Just Google Canadian Tax Rates.

In Ireland, UK, Germany etc all countries have a federal tax rate. In the US and Canada each State sets their own sales Tax.

So in the US/Canada the sales price would be displayed ex Vat but once you click through to the purchase screen the Xbox website pulls down your details eg Address and applies the correct sales tax rate.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just Google Canadian Tax Rates.

In Ireland, UK, Germany etc all countries have a federal tax rate. In the US and Canada each State sets their own sales Tax.

So in the US/Canada the sales price would be displayed ex Vat but once you click through to the purchase screen the Xbox website pulls down your details eg Address and applies the correct sales tax rate.
    Fair play, thanks for info , checked now and u are right ireland marketplace showing price (including VAT ) canadian (plus VAT) , still if its 5% like u are saying its worth a look on their marketplace to check prices .

Fair play, thanks for info , checked now and u are right ireland marketplace showing price (including VAT ) canadian (plus VAT) , still if its 5% like u are saying its worth a look on their marketplace to check prices .

Only one State in Canada has 5% sales tax. The others have higher rates.

Just Cause 3 is working out around €30 on the Russian store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    ...but this is XBOX bargain alerts? :confused:

Presumably if you have a controller with a 3.5mm jack it would work regardless. As far as I know there's nothing propriety about Xbox One any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nolimits wrote: »
    Presumably if you have a controller with a 3.5mm jack it would work regardless. As far as I know there's nothing propriety about Xbox One any more.

Yup, I use a pair of PX4s despite being designated as a PlayStation headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Bah, borderlands for 15 was annoying me since I saw it. For that price it's worth it just to have it rot in a drawer :D

I decided to buy it and put up with a billion lunatics clawing for Christmas presents yesterday to collect it in smythstoys but it's a good game for 15 euro.

Started witcher 3 ages ago but it hasn't drawn me in much but neither did assassin of kings other than the cool cut scenes.

Enjoying fallout much more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Halo 5 was €28.99 but has now been raised to €36.99 in Argos.

I think it goes back to full price after tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote:

But who wants to buy a pair of surround sound headphones only to use them in stereo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement