Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

Gamestop only seem to offer their own giftcards

CDKeys show the Euro gift cards as being "out of stock" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

tombrown wrote: »

Not for me, looking at the €25 card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I purchased some gift cards for the Playstation Network yesterday in Gamestop (Naas) so they should have Xbox Live cards. They don't seem to advertise the fact, though!

nava wrote: »
    Not for me, looking at the €25 card
    You are right - that one is OK. Thsi is just a stocking filler so was looking for €10 which is out of stock.

Not leaving the house today so have to do it online

Worst case he gets an IOU, & I'll switch on my paypal for him when he wants to purchase

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Maybe check in your local tesco, they usually have a wall of gift cards, think I saw a microsoft one in there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You are right - that one is OK. Thsi is just a stocking filler so was looking for €10 which is out of stock.

Not leaving the house today so have to do it online

Worst case he gets an IOU, & I'll switch on my paypal for him when he wants to purchase
    Here you are.

[Url] http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/Xbox-Gift-Card-Digital-Code/productID.323900600[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Says a lot about CD Project Red and quality of their content and non fleecing of customers when you think the usual asking price for the DLC is a sale price!!!!!

Most companies would charge 14.99 if not more for something like hearts of stone.

It was normally 25.

Edit: although agree with you about the quality of CD projekt red. Probably would have paid twice the full price for the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Posted this in BA too but I though I should probably post it here too. I have a new xbox one controller (one with a headphone jack) reserved in Argos Nutgrove if anyone wants it. It's reserved at €49 (the price is 56 now but Argos generally honour these reservation prices) so it's not really a bargain I know but if someone is looking for one as a present it might come in handy.

Thanks

However the session hangs when I try to checkout (tried multiple tiems & on different browsers) :)

Seems like he is destined for an XBOX IOU :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Guitar hero is £45 on amazon, probably will be cheaper after xmas and won't be in time for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well I was pleasantly surprised when I got home today!
    I ordered Fallout 4 on Amazon last Thursday and it arrived on Monday!
    Had a quick play of it today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Well I was pleasantly surprised when I got home today!
    I ordered Fallout 4 on Amazon last Thursday and it arrived on Monday!
    Had a quick play of it today :D

Lucky haha .... Ordered on the 6th from Amazon France. It was meant to arrive last Thursday but had still not arrived yesterday. I am getting a refund though so hopefully it will get here when the post resumes and I get it for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Lucky haha .... Ordered on the 6th from Amazon France. It was meant to arrive last Thursday but had still not arrived yesterday. I am getting a refund though so hopefully it will get here when the post resumes and I get it for free :D

They won't put the refund through until they recieve it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    They won't put the refund through until they recieve it back.

Yes they do ...... they refund right away .....

I have got like 3 games for free this year thanks to amazon's stupid slow post where games have all takeing nearly a month to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I have got like 3 games for free this year thanks to amazon's stupid slow post where games have all takeing nearly a month to get.

Yes you are correct.... Just checked and I have an email confirmation about the refund.

Not exactly a bargin, but Amazon have a Samsung 4tb portable HDD for £130.

[Url] https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZQXP3Q2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE[/url]

Pretty handy for storage and the only 4 tb external hdd I've seen that doesn't require an external power source.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I haven't seen it posted, so I just picked up the stick of truth on Xbox 360 from the Xbox market place for 7.99. Xbox one backwards compatible.

Smoggy wrote: »
    I haven't seen it posted, so I just picked up the stick of truth on Xbox 360 from the Xbox market place for 7.99. Xbox one backwards compatible.

Thats because there is a seperate thread for xbla deals.

[Url] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144176[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Allyall wrote: »

Bought the xbox live, the code didn't work for me.

Edit: When I say the code didn't work, I meant the XMASMMOGA code, not the xbox live code.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerard98

Where would be the best place tomorrow to pick up some bargains in the St Stephens day sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Did it give you a ridiculous delivery date? I ordered mine on the 23rd of December, said mine is going to be delivered on the 12th of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gerard98 wrote: »
    Where would be the best place tomorrow to pick up some bargains in the St Stephens day sale?

I'd keep an eye on Argos.

Well whenever I'm getting a refund I've to send back the item, sounds like your stealing from them.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Well whenever I'm getting a refund I've to send back the item, sounds like your stealing from them.

Depends on if it is marked as a return or if it ends up being flagged as lost stock, of which is happening quite often now due to shipping with substandard carriers like Ascendia.

Not quite stealing, but not far off either.

Had to do that with Telltale, had a missing parcel which they resent and arrived quickly. The original parcel actually did turn up 4 months later:pac:

Seems to be good reductions in Argos at the moment. Halo 5 for 34, ac syndicate for 32, Diablo 3 for 25 and rise if the tomb raider and fallout 4 for 45

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Seems to be good reductions in Argos at the moment. Halo 5 for 34, ac syndicate for 32, Diablo 3 for 25 and rise if the tomb raider and fallout 4 for 45

Got digital version of Tomb Raider for €46 on Xbox live this morning.

Gonna get FO4 in Argos for that price though!

Got digital version of Tomb Raider for €46 on Xbox live this morning.

Gonna get FO4 in Argos for that price though!

The evil within is 14, rare replay is 19 and wolfenstien the old blood is a tenner. I'd post more but this iPad is doing my head in.

• Advertisement

Depends on if it is marked as a return or if it ends up being flagged as lost stock, of which is happening quite often now due to shipping with substandard carriers like Ascendia.

Not quite stealing, but not far off either.

Had to do that with Telltale, had a missing parcel which they resent and arrived quickly. The original parcel actually did turn up 4 months later:pac:

All my items from Amazon do have tracking so I dunno, maybe your using sellers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement