Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Corvo wrote: »
    Trying to choose between Mad Max and Batman Arkham Knight for the same price...

Thoughts?

Mad Max all the way for me, Batman was good but if you have played any of the games before it then you know what you are about to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Shadow of modor GOTY £20 with delivery on amazon
    Theres also a lot of deals on headsets, almost everyone is on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rorok wrote: »
    almost everyone is on sale

Am I on sale?

http://www.humanforsale.com/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I ended up doing that test :rolleyes:

But it's nice to know I'm worth a lot of money:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

If you want to continue this discussion lads, you can take it to the general discussion new thread below.

Any further non bargain related posts will be deleted from this thread.

CIAB

EDIT: I went ahead and created a thread for it here. Fire away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Harvey norman have the xbox one controller for €40, is that the cheapest youd find one

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Hi folks, I remember a while ago someone here mentioned a prepaid foreign currency card that you could use on amazon and similar sites to avoid their rip off exchange rates.

Been searching the site but can't find the post. Anyone recall what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Faker74 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I remember a while ago someone here mentioned a prepaid foreign currency card that you could use on amazon and similar sites to avoid their rip off exchange rates.

Revolut? Thread about it is in Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Negative_G wrote: »

Thats the one! Cheers.

• Advertisement

Faker74 wrote: »

Negative_G wrote: »

Yup, here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Can confirm revolut is great for this, bought R6 seige of the Argentinian marketplace for 36 vs the 70 they're charging here.

Speaking of Revolut, they released an update today and also some interesting information :

Top 5 MOST popular retailers with the Revolut community:
    (Ranked by number of transactions)
    1) Ali Express
    2) Universal Studios
    3) Microsoft Store
    4) Amazon UK
    5) Walgreens

I wonder why that's number 3 most popular store:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Speaking of Revolut, they released an update today and also some interesting information :

1) Ali Express
    2) Universal Studios
    3) Microsoft Store
    4) Amazon UK
    5) Walgreens

I only ever use it in Russia when i am hoildays there been there i think 3 times in the last few months its a lovely place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

1) Ali Express
    2) Universal Studios
    3) Microsoft Store
    4) Amazon UK
    5) Walgreens

I used it a bit in Singapore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I used it a bit in Singapore ;)
    Do you need to be resident in the country, with a permanent address, or can you use it when you are just visiting on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got sent an actual physical card and was able to use it while I was abroad in Italy :D

Do you need to be resident in the country, with a permanent address, or can you use it when you are just visiting on holidays?
    *Swoosh*
    I got sent an actual physical card and was able to use it while I was abroad in Italy :D

Same here, thought why not? Massively limits the chances of card getting skimmed.

I haven't left Ireland in the last two years.

Just visit the Microsoft store over there every now and then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I only ever use it in Russia when i am hoildays there been there i think 3 times in the last few months its a lovely place :D

I have a nice little place on Kremlin rd I like to visit on occassion for my microsoft purchases :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD REMINDER:

Discussion of deals found on foreign regions is totally ok, discussion on how to circumvent region restrictions to get those deals is not.

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I remember someone on here asking about Bomberman, I just found it on the Russian Store for about €9
    Mega Man Legacy Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

What would be my best option to get Shape Up (Kinect game) as a digital download? (I bought Kinect Sports Rivals on cdkeys for around 11 EUR so I got hungry for more Kinect games)

xboxdad wrote: »
    What would be my best option to get Shape Up (Kinect game) as a digital download? (I bought Kinect Sports Rivals on cdkeys for around 11 EUR so I got hungry for more Kinect games)

You can check which region the prices are cheapest here. Shape Up standard ed is €18.37 in the Argentinian store, which seems to be the cheapest for everything currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

You can check which region the prices are cheapest here. Shape Up standard ed is €18.37 in the Argentinian store, which seems to be the cheapest for everything currently.

Great piece of info, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

xboxdad wrote: »
    Great piece of info, thank you!

Picked up Batman Arkham Knight for €22.49 in Xtra vision today, not the bargain of the century and not even sure I will like it but not bad value.

Didn't have much there to be honest. Rise of the Tomb Raider for €35, Halo MCC for €17.50

amadablam wrote: »
    Picked up Batman Arkham Knight for €22.49 in Xtra vision today, not the bargain of the century and not even sure I will like it but not bad value.

Didn't have much there to be honest. Rise of the Tomb Raider for €35, Halo MCC for €17.50

€35 for ROTTR is good value. Might pick it up myself for that price.

amadablam wrote: »

Which xtra vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone know the best place to get Xbox Money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to get Xbox Money?

Microsoft store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement