Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Microsoft store.

Anywhere cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anywhere cheaper?

There generally isn't sales on xbox gift cards. You pay €50 for €50 etc. usually.

Some sites such as this have them reduced sometimes but nearly always out of stock: http://www.electronicfirst.com/xbox-gift-cards/50-xbox-gift-card-eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There generally isn't sales on xbox gift cards. You pay €50 for €50 etc. usually.

Some sites such as this have them reduced sometimes but nearly always out of stock: http://www.electronicfirst.com/xbox-gift-cards/50-xbox-gift-card-eu/

Which is why I hated it when MS switched from points to currency.

Used to be no problem getting the point cards significantly below face value. It wasn't unusual to get 4200 point(€50) cards for less than €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Harvey Norman have them discounted from time to time, sometimes a fair bit if i remember right.

Which is why I hated it when MS switched from points to currency.

Used to be no problem getting the point cards significantly below face value. It wasn't unusual to get 4200 point(€50) cards for less than €40.

Xbox digital store wasn't region free then tho. I much prefer the region free digital store with local currency now. Buying way more games than I ever did on 360.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anywhere cheaper?

Slight discount here, and they are in stock. €25 for €22.99 (plus 5% off if you like them on facebook), it's rare that you see discounts any bigger than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

maximoose wrote: »
    Slight discount here, and they are in stock. €25 for €22.99 (plus 5% off if you like them on facebook), it's rare that you see discounts any bigger than that.

€7 off roughly isn't bad, that'll get me 4 songs free basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

€7 off roughly isn't bad, that'll get me 4 songs free basically.

Its €3 off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi,

Is there any decent deals about at the min? Just checked the Argos site. I could get the 1t console for €330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I know someone who is selling his One for €350
    Its the Halo 5 Edition, comes with the game as well as Forza and is a 1TB Console.
    Dont know if its a good deal or not but if you are interested, I can PM you the ad he put up

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

New Argos catalogue out today and prices for xbox has gone way up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PaddyCar wrote: »
    New Argos catalogue out today and prices for xbox has gone way up

Yea just saw the 1TB is over €500 now !!! Hope whoever mentioned it in here yesterday at €320 reserved it at that price !!

Best bargain I could see was Borderlands Handsome Collection for €24 and Evolve for €15

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea just saw the 1TB is over €500 now !!! Hope whoever mentioned it in here yesterday at €320 reserved it at that price !!

Best bargain I could see was Borderlands Handsome Collection for €24 and Evolve for €15

Elite pad up to €176.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone got a handy guide on how to purchase from foreign Xbox stores? Liking the look of Rainbow Six from Colombia!

Can't discuss it on here so Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Argos was my go-to for xbox games, why have they shot themselves in the foot so badly?

Argos was my go-to for xbox games, why have they shot themselves in the foot so badly?

Are they affected by the Homebase deal I wonder? That was sold and they owned Argos :confused:

I'd say the price changes are to bring them in line with the new catalogue and will drop again soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Are they affected by the Homebase deal I wonder? That was sold and they owned Argos :confused:

I'd say the price changes are to bring them in line with the new catalogue and will drop again soon enough.

I wouldn't pay any heed fo what's in the paper catalogue, that was always wrong compared to the in store price, I presume they do it that way in the event of there being any possible price rises that they'd be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Whatever team at MS that was financing the cheaper xmas console has finished the promotion so prices go back up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Apparently the witcher 2 is currently free and is now back compat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/41yqvq/the_witcher_2_is_currently_free_on_xbox_360/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

PC World in limerick have an xbox one 500gb (with the Kinect, iirc) for €299

I know it's not for Xbox as such but you can get Rise of the Tomb Raider on Windows 10 store for just €8.50 and still get xbox gamerscore that way if you have a gaming PC.
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Rise of the Tomb Raider for €8.50

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177850
    Just bought it using my Revolut card. Didn't even need to use VPN :pac:

Was going to get it on XB1 but I still get Xbox achievements this way.

Thanks for sharing :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wouldn't pay any heed fo what's in the paper catalogue, that was always wrong compared to the in store price, I presume they do it that way in the event of there being any possible price rises that they'd be covered.

New Argos catalogue seems to forgo the process on a lot of games, instead asking you to go online or in store for them.
    Most things seemed to go up in price as a result though, with a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Anyone know where I can get Battlefront on the cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Colham wrote: »

Think I bought mine in Colombia or Argentina or somewhere like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Have you looked into EA Access?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Allyall wrote: »
    for €251

What's €251?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's €251?

Sorry, I thought I deleted it.
    I was looking on a German forum and saw the Xbox One 1TB version is €251 on Amazon Warehouse Deals in Very Good Condition

I've bought a TV from them with the same description, it came perfect as far as I could see, no blemishes at all, and came with warranty.
    I didn't check the shipping on the xbox One.

Battlefront is 50% off in this weeks deals with gold. That's only €22 from Colombia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Allyall wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought I deleted it.
    I was looking on a German forum and saw the Xbox One 1TB version is €251 on Amazon Warehouse Deals in Very Good Condition

I've bought a TV from them with the same description, it came perfect as far as I could see, no blemishes at all, and came with warranty.
    I didn't check the shipping on the xbox One.

I'm seriously considering this. Where would I stand warranty wise "if" something went wrong? Would MS Ireland look after me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement