Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah, I'd prefer less noise around region swapping the better. Don't want Microsoft changing their stance now do we.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd prefer less noise around region swapping the better. Don't want Microsoft changing their stance now do we.

In the immortal words of the young Jewish girl, Anne Frank.
    http://i.imgur.com/FDEaojw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

In the immortal words of the young Jewish girl, Anne Frank.
    FDEaojw

Image link is broken but I got URL from quoting you, all I can say is lol :pac:

http://i.imgur.com/FDEaojw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Amazon have halo 5 for £20 this weekend. Just got it from elsewhere for 50 raging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Any console deals going around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

testicle wrote: »

Usually argos, smyths and amazon (warehouse deals) are the places to look

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Forza 6 limited edition 1TB console is €359

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Forza 6 limited edition 1TB console is €359

Found it for that in Argos. I've joined the club! :D

Found it for that in Argos. I've joined the club! :D

Sorry meant to say in Argos :D

Welcome. Post your GT in the Gamertag thread and follow the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon have halo 5 for £20 this weekend. Just got it from elsewhere for 50 raging.

50 is about what I paid at launch, 6 months later you were mad to pay that price tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

sweetie wrote: »
    50 is about what I paid at launch, 6 months later you were mad to pay that price tbh

lesson learned

lesson learned

General rule is shop around.

GameStop are usually the most expensive but you can be lucky and get something cheap the odd time.
    Argos are usually the cheapest for new launch games.

If your looking for something generally someone here will have already bought it and can advise the cheapest place to buy so post and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The Irish Xbox store have Saints Row IV Reelected with Gat out of Hell for €7.50.

I really enjoyed the previous game as mindless fun and was considering this for a long time. €7.50 is by far the best price I've seen it for.

The Irish Xbox store have Saints Row IV Reelected with Gat out of Hell for €7.50.

I really enjoyed the previous game as mindless fun and was considering this for a long time. €7.50 is by far the best price I've seen it for.

It's a deal with Gold this week. Metro bundle is the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's an excellent deal for the metro bundle too, would definitely get that if I hadn't it already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Metro bundle is like €3.50 on russian store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Or is Russia €3.50 ...... ;)

Well worth a buy at €3.50 :D

I don't need either SR or Metro but at those prices it's hard to see how you wouldn't get value for money. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Sunset Overdrive €13.30 plus shipping from base.com. Would come within days of me buying it in argos for €23 :(

Cheers. I just purchased my first physical disk xbone game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't need either SR or Metro but at those prices it's hard to see how you wouldn't get value for money. :D

Am I imagining they sold medro redux and the saints row bundle -I.e four games together recently quite cheaply?

Am I imagining they sold medro redux and the saints row bundle -I.e four games together recently quite cheaply?

I think it was around €25 but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

You're violating the tos so probably best not to advertise it.

My understanding of it is, that if you are purchasing it in the local currency then it DOES NOT violate the TOS. I'm fairly certain this was verified by MS Support in the not to distant past as well.

EDIT: Yep, quote from here

Q. Will this get blocked or will I get banned ?

Honestly I have no idea, people have been purchasing from the US Store using $ Xbox Live Credit since the launch of the console and people have been buying from other regions in the past year without any issues apart from Errors when using a Card direct via Xbox.com or VPN. I have not heard of anyone having issues or errors when redeeming actual Xbox Live Credit. Before the console was launched a lot of Xbox staff mentioned that Xbox One would be region free and all games are Region Free and you could purchase from any region as long as you had the means to purchase it. It is very easy to change the region on the actual console and AVForums members have actually spoken with MS support about their 'other' region accounts under their main gamertag without any recourse. Nothing is guaranteed though. This is done at your own risk !

Admittedly this is a couple of years old, but i am certain that i saw a thread on HUKD about it with screengrabs of a conversation with an MS Rep saying it was legit and not breaking the T's & C's.

I think the issue is if you are trying to use say an Irish Debit/Credit Card to make a purchase, but with Worldwide Money Cards it is moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ibFoxer wrote: »
    My understanding of it is, that if you are purchasing it in the local currency then it DOES NOT violate the TOS. I'm fairly certain this was verified by MS Support in the not to distant past as well.

EDIT: Yep, quote from here

Q. Will this get blocked or will I get banned ?

Honestly I have no idea, people have been purchasing from the US Store using $ Xbox Live Credit since the launch of the console and people have been buying from other regions in the past year without any issues apart from Errors when using a Card direct via Xbox.com or VPN. I have not heard of anyone having issues or errors when redeeming actual Xbox Live Credit. Before the console was launched a lot of Xbox staff mentioned that Xbox One would be region free and all games are Region Free and you could purchase from any region as long as you had the means to purchase it. It is very easy to change the region on the actual console and AVForums members have actually spoken with MS support about their 'other' region accounts under their main gamertag without any recourse. Nothing is guaranteed though. This is done at your own risk !

Admittedly this is a couple of years old, but i am certain that i saw a thread on HUKD about it with screengrabs of a conversation with an MS Rep saying it was legit and not breaking the T's & C's.

I think the issue is if you are trying to use say an Irish Debit/Credit Card to make a purchase, but with Worldwide Money Cards it is moot.

The issue is the false billing address and you not being resident in the locale at any stage. You won't find any MS rep saying this is OK as it would open them up to liabailities around tax.

EA Access for one month - €1.85 - Kinguin :eek::D
    (Gamecards.EU)
    The exclusive service for Xbox One provides access to an ever-growing collection of the best EA games that can be downloaded indefinitely and played as part of the membership. Currently available titles for a total of more than €400 for download - including blockbusters like Battlefield 4, FIFA 15 or Need for Speed ​​Rivals. In addition, you get 10% discount on digital purchases of EA products for Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Allyall wrote: »

If I was to buy that and then download a rake of stuff, would I still have access to the games even after letting my membership expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No, you have to have an active membership to play

Anyone know if the 1 month subs stack?

maximoose wrote: »
    No, you have to have an active membership to play

Anyone know if the 1 month subs stack?

I bought 12 months for €25, so hopefully :) - as fars as I am aware, they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

When do the current DWG expire?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement