Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty good price, have been reading great things about that game!

I put this Polk Wireless Headset into Flubit as well yesterday, came back with offer this morning of £69 (~€88)

Tempting...

Saw Major Nelson post that Wolfenstein had been dropped to $29. Thought he meant on the Xbox store but sadly Amazon.com. Wonder if there'll be a similar price drop for UK site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

I'm considering a purchase of an XBOX One with Horizon 2 this Friday. Any recommendations regarding best prices/bundles would be much appreciated. I don't plan to buy online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Leopardi wrote: »
    I'm considering a purchase of an XBOX One with Horizon 2 this Friday. Any recommendations regarding best prices/bundles would be much appreciated. I don't plan to buy online.

See if Argos are doing any offers with it first, otherwise Smyths or HMV would be your best bet.

See if Argos are doing any offers with it first, otherwise Smyths or HMV would be your best bet.

Cheers, yes, I'm hoping they will offer something sufficiently tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote:
    got a flubit price this morning of £32.80 for Shadow of Mordor xbox one

and dispatched....result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Does anyone know how much Sniper Elite 3 was at launch - its coming up as €50 in the deals with gold, but I thought that it was released at a lower initial retail price? I'm tempted, but I think it should be cheaper.

I think it's like €27 or so on the U.S market if you don't mind going that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭tripperman

i was looking at argos there doing offers on xbox with kinect or without and get money off a game/s or controller, i never heard of some of the games like wolfstein and old games like fifa14, is it me or is that about the best out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tripperman wrote: »
    i was looking at argos there doing offers on xbox with kinect or without and get money off a game/s or controller, i never heard of some of the games like wolfstein and old games like fifa14, is it me or is that about the best out there?

wolfenstein is a great first person shooter.

Don't go for Fifa 14 - better off getting EA Access and you'll get that, NFS Rivals, BF4, Peggle 2 and Madden for €25 total.

Wolfenstein for €26 is a good offer!

€429 for Kinectless console with Fifa 15 on amazon.

maximoose wrote: »
    Don't go for Fifa 14 - better off getting EA Access and you'll get that, NFS Rivals, BF4, Peggle 2 and Madden for €25 total.

Wolfenstein for €26 is a good offer!

€429 for Kinectless console with Fifa 15 on amazon.

is it i never heard of it before, already have madden 25 for 360, i see madden 15 for 55euro on it to, 41 for controller seems okish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Cheers, yes, I'm hoping they will offer something sufficiently tempting.

If you see any will you throw up a link or where you saw it. I'm buying an Xbox One at some stage in the next 3 weeks. I have Fifa 15 already from a mate in EA so any bundle that had Destiny or Forza or anything not Fifa would be cool! The only bundle I'm seeing is destiny for 420 or so in xtravision. Gutted I missed out on the Argos deals last week :-(

witless1 wrote: »
    If you see any will you throw up a link or where you saw it. I'm buying an Xbox One at some stage in the next 3 weeks. I have Fifa 15 already from a mate in EA so any bundle that had Destiny or Forza or anything not Fifa would be cool! The only bundle I'm seeing is destiny for 420 or so in xtravision. Gutted I missed out on the Argos deals last week :-(

I picked up a bundle which included the FIFA digital download, an extra controller and a P. and P. kit today for €399.99. I plan to sell on the game and extras, so it seems like a good deal. Stock was limited in Argos Waterford but I assume you could get it elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I picked up a bundle which included the FIFA digital download, an extra controller and a P. and P. kit today for €399.99. I plan to sell on the game and extras, so it seems like a good deal. Stock was limited in Argos Waterford but I assume you could get it elsewhere.

how can you sell the game ?

how can you sell the game ?

It comes as a download code so I assume I can sell it on . . . If not, I'll keep it and sell the PS4 version that I have.

It comes as a download code so I assume I can sell it on . . . If not, I'll keep it and sell the PS4 version that I have.

Shouldn't be a problem selling it on privately, the likes of CEX and Gamestop won't accept them as trade though.

I was hoping CEX would take it, but didn't expect any joy there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Cool that was argos yeah?

I checked Argos earlier before seeing this thread and they had Forza in their bundle offer for 420. Not a bad option may go looking at the weekend!

witless1 wrote: »
    Cool that was argos yeah?

I checked Argos earlier before seeing this thread and they had Forza in their bundle offer for 420. Not a bad option may go looking at the weekend!

argos doing kinect 492 with forza horizon 2 aswell, i have it reserved had no kinectless left

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

Can anyone recommend some online games stores besides Amazon UK? Free or cheap delivery to Ireland would be nice. Anywhere that sells game codes too as I'd prefer to go digital if possible.

I'm getting an Xbox One and despite the console itself being cheaper here than the UK, the price of games at retail over here are insane. €69.99 for Destiny? Who is paying these prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

corroonb wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some online games stores besides Amazon UK? Free or cheap delivery to Ireland would be nice. Anywhere that sells game codes too as I'd prefer to go digital if possible.

I'm getting an Xbox One and despite the console itself being cheaper here than the UK, the price of games at retail over here are insane. €69.99 for Destiny? Who is paying these prices?

Just buy US Gift cards off Amazon or G2a(if it's ever in stock) and change region to US on the XB1 dashboard.
    It's a lot cheaper and it's digital.

• Advertisement

Just buy US Gift cards off Amazon or G2a(if it's ever in stock) and change region to US on the XB1 dashboard.
    It's a lot cheaper and it's digital.

Yeah, I've heard about that but I just don't want to risk it because it is against the ToS. I know they probably won't do anything but I'm still not comfortable does that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Will there be a Halo Collection bundle?

Can't see anything definitive online.

quad_red wrote: »
    Will there be a Halo Collection bundle?

Can't see anything definitive online.

No hard bundles. Game and Amazon were doing their own bundles with Halo and Destiny last month, don't think either are still on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

<sniped>

Please use Adverts for sales :) (Mod)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Where in gods name is the Xbox One MCC bundle?! I refuse to purchase an Xbox One until this is available! I bought the Xbox for Halo 1, the Xbox 360 for Halo 3!

Considering that Halo is the flagship game for the console since day 1 you'd think they'd be making more noise about this.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

martomcg wrote: »
    Where in gods name is the Xbox One MCC bundle?! I refuse to purchase an Xbox One until this is available! I bought the Xbox for Halo 1, the Xbox 360 for Halo 3!

Considering that Halo is the flagship game for the console since day 1 you'd think they'd be making more noise about this.... :confused:

Have to say it's a surprise that there's no official bundle. I got it slightly earlier than planned but the Masterchief Collection and the promise of Halo 5 was one of the things that tipped me over the edge and made me go for the Xbox One over the PS4. There's no doubt it's a system seller.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reckon halo 5 will get a bundle rather than MCC.

Amazon have console and MCC (physical copy) for £349

Also have a nice "Alien Mega Pack", console plus Alien: Isolation and Alien Anthology Blu-Ray (4 disc set) for the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I see Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes is available at half price on 360 and the Xbox One this week.

Handy for the folks who missed it last time around

• Advertisement

I see Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes is available at half price on 360 and the Xbox One this week.

Handy for the folks who missed it last time around

I bought it. It's very similar to Splinter Cell but more open. I've played other Metal Gear Solid games but this is the first one I've really enjoyed. It's worth €15 but not €30.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement