Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Steelbook Version of Assian Creed Syndicate is available on Amazon for £13.75

Also

The Division is available for £34.99 from Simply Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Steelbook Version of Assian Creed Syndicate is available on Amazon for £13.75.

Is it worth getting? I've black flag but didn't really get into some of the other ones on the 360 and I have all of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Is it worth getting? I've black flag but didn't really get into some of the other ones on the 360 and I have all of them lol

Best one in years apparently

Best one in years apparently

It's grand, but if you have fatigue with the series this won't change it, still has all the same mission structures etc but not so heavy on eaves dropping and tailing like black flag and ac3. They do progress elements of the over all story in it .... slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Have an external.

Warranty is out now on my console so it'd be handy to have that again and get a nice upgrade in space as well.

Also my console is very loud playing a disk so I'm worried it might have the problem drive in it.

Would you not get it replaced so? Doesn't matter if the warranty is out.

• Advertisement

Would you not get it replaced so? Doesn't matter if the warranty is out.

This is the first disk game I got :)

I bought the console in Xtravision so can't return there and don't want to be without it for a week or two sending directly to Microsoft :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This is the first disk game I got :)

I bought the console in Xtravision so can't return there and don't want to be without it for a week or two sending directly to Microsoft :(

You can now do an advance exchange. You give Xbox Support your CC details and they put a hold on your card for the cost of a new unit.

UPS will arrive with a replacement Xbox of which you then place your damaged Xbox in the packaging and pass it back to the UPS courier with the enclosed return label. Xbox support will email you when they receive your old console and remove the hold on your card.

Basically the same way Apple do replacements. Should cost you about the same as a standard repair. You will need to call Xbox Support for this though as I don't think it is available through the myservice portal.

You can now do an advance exchange. You give Xbox Support your CC details and they put a hold on your card for the cost of a new unit.

UPS will arrive with a replacement Xbox of which you then place your damaged Xbox in the packaging and pass it back to the UPS courier with the enclosed return label. Xbox support will email you when they receive your old console and remove the hold on your card.

Basically the same way Apple do replacements. Should cost you about the same as a standard repair. You will need to call Xbox Support for this though as I don't think it is available through the myservice portal.

I'll look into it. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Yea saw that. Some drop in price since day one !!

I'm going to see about a 1TB model and upgrade my 500GB launch model if a good deal pops up and it doesn't cost to much to upgrade.

That's what i did when i was going about getting the Elite Controller-just went for the Elite Console instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Can you do this with an elite controller do you know

Think I have an issue with one of my triggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Anyone have any recommendation on just cause 3 for Xbox one. Doesn't look worth 50€. Anyone know when and where would be best? Cheers ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I got it for free through game sharing with a mate, I was all set to pay out RRP for it but I was entirely underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

I got it for free through game sharing with a mate, I was all set to pay out RRP for it but I was entirely underwhelmed.

Cheers will wait for it to hit bargain price. Got the second one on PC from steam for 2€ a while ago haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Anyone know any sites to get a cheap xbox live 12 month sub without having to go on holidays? Best I could find on cd keys was 44 euro or 40 on adverts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Anyone know any sites to get a cheap xbox live 12 month sub without having to go on holidays? Best I could find on cd keys was 44 euro or 40 on adverts.

Thanks

Electronic first had it on twitter that they were back doing it for £30.99. From what I can see this seems to be the standard price around at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Sunset overdrive, rare replay and dishonored DE all under £10 in amazon, pretty sure I saw guitar hero for £35 earlier in the week, don't know if its still there

Rorok wrote: »
    Sunset overdrive, rare replay and dishonored DE all under £10 in amazon, pretty sure I saw guitar hero for £35 earlier in the week, don't know if its still there

Not really worth it for Sunset or Rare Replay. Sunset is €12 on base.com and Rare Replay is €14 and €15 respectively in Argos and Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Skylanders Superchargers Starter Pack is on Amazon for ~€19 for Xbox One and ~€16.50 for Xbox360
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YRZ6WMO/ref=twister_B00YTTE46Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Halo 5: Guardians is currently 50% off on xbox digital store,works out about €22 from some foreign markets: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Halo-5-Guardians/9a924f64-6ac5-4380-b249-8162269c15cc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Halo 5: Guardians is currently 50% off on xbox digital store,works out about €22 from some foreign markets: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Halo-5-Guardians/9a924f64-6ac5-4380-b249-8162269c15cc

A bargain, multi-player is genuinely brilliant in this.

• Advertisement

Amazon exclusive Fallout 4 with artbook and soundtrack is £16.32

Perfect timing for me, Nephew has the Xbox One, and his birthday in 2 weeks :)

All €19.99 + Shipping Amazon from Amazon Italy

Dragonball Xenoverse

Mortal Kombat X

Mad Max Standard

Gears Of War Ultimate Edition

Shadow of Mordor (Italian Cover) GOTY Edition

Project Cars

Base.com are currently selling Assassins Creed Syndicate for €19.56 plus shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Base.com are currently selling Assassins Creed Syndicate for €19.56 plus shipping.

Is it worth picking up? Stopped playing after 3 and wouldnt mind getting back into AC

Is it worth picking up? Stopped playing after 3 and wouldnt mind getting back into AC

Haven't played Syndicate yet myself, heard it is better than Unity(not difficult).

As for getting back into AC I would recommend getting Black Flag. A digital copy is only €3.87 on cdkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Haven't played Syndicate yet myself, heard it is better than Unity(not difficult).

As for getting back into AC I would recommend getting Black Flag. A digital copy is only €3.87 on cdkeys.

I'd second that. Black Flag is a great game, looks great on XBOne and has hours of gameplay in it. I loved it so much I couldn't wait to buy Unity, which I promptly gave up after a few attempts to force myself to like it because it was so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Syndicate is a fantastic game, it's massive and I've never seen a city as detailed, after that rubbish that was Unity this one really put the series back on track, started off a bit ehh but once I got upgraded a bit and into it, it was just awesome to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I'd second that. Black Flag is a great game, looks great on XBOne and has hours of gameplay in it. I loved it so much I couldn't wait to buy Unity, which I promptly gave up after a few attempts to force myself to like it because it was so awful.

I didn't enjoy black flag, all the missions felt the same and side quests felt pointless (cant even remember if there are any side quests). I enjoyed exploring but got tired after loading screen after loading screen

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Cant hurt having a look for that price!

• Advertisement

Sunset Ovedrive is only €10.98 including delivery from YourgameZone - http://www.yourgamezone.nl/epages/Yourgamezone.sf/nl_NL/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Yourgamezone/Products/19096

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement