Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wonder will the Windows 10 key also be with the Xbox game like the Microsoft promotion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder will the Windows 10 key also be with the Xbox game like the Microsoft promotion.

Since its a digital key I would have thought it still counts as a pre-order? Cant be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Colham wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get Arkham Knight on the cheap?

It's €33.59 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4390376/Trail/searchtext%3EARKHAM+KNIGHT.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Since its a digital key I would have thought it still counts as a pre-order? Cant be sure though.

It's not, it's just the base game.

Apparently they strip out the preorder bonus and sell it for themselves. That's pretty much why it's on discount now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I just sent them a message on FB asking if it comes with Alan Wake, they said:
    Sorry we cant guarantee that as we have got no confirmation from the supplier yet. If anything changes we will post an update on our Facebook Page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's not, it's just the base game.

Apparently they strip out the preorder bonus and sell it for themselves. That's pretty much why it's on discount now.
    Yep, just got a reply confirming that it is the base game only. They must want to stock pile the free windows 10 keys and sell them separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gone to €44.59 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Just got an email from amazon about Quantum Break. American nightmare no longer coming with it. That's crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gmg678 wrote: »
    Just got an email from amazon about Quantum Break. American nightmare no longer coming with it. That's crap.

But instead you get Kameo! How cool is that?? Everyone loves Kameo! Right? Right?

No.

All to do with the rating, Alan Wake is 18, while Quantum Break is 16. I doubt that there's anything in Alan Wake that would be disturbing to a sixteen year old, but what do I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

But instead you get Kameo! How cool is that?? Everyone loves Kameo! Right? Right?

No.

All to do with the rating, Alan Wake is 18, while Quantum Break is 16. I doubt that there's anything in Alan Wake that would be disturbing to a sixteen year old, but what do I know?

Yeah I just read that about age rating. I already have Kames through rare replay. There should be an choice giving.

• Advertisement

Do cdkeys send the code right away or do you have to wait until next week ?

"Codes will be sent 24-48 hours before release" is what they just told me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gmg678 wrote: »

Just cancel and preorder from the Xbox Store maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

maximoose wrote: »
    I just sent them a message on FB asking if it comes with Alan Wake, they said:

It should come with Alan Wake still. A code will be sent to your Xbox account within 7-10 days.

Bought a code off Amazon for Fallout 4 and that is how Fallout 3 was delivered.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just cancel and preorder from the Xbox Store maybe?

Pretty sure that this'll will happen wherever you buy it. No major company wants to get caught giving an 18 game to a sixteen year old.

Pretty sure that this'll will happen wherever you buy it. No major company wants to get caught giving an 18 game to a sixteen year old.

Yeah. Even all online orders with Game are now getting Kameo. You still get American Nightmare in store upon presentation of id.

Price drop on Rock Band 4 in Argos

39.99 for game and adaptor to use old gear with it.
    72.99 for Game and new guitar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I saw in GAME Spain they had a thing (didn't really understand it, was spanish) but it seemed to say "sale Guitar Hero €39.99 . It was the one with guitar and base game

Heres the link
    https://www.game.es/buscar/guitar-hero-live

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bit late but what or where is the best deal on Quantum Break to be found?

It's €44.91 on CDKeys (Base game only ie no Alan Wake etc, like them on FB for 5% off)

€64.99 in Smyths if you are after physical copy, Argos haven't got a price up yet

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    It's €44.91 on CDKeys (Base game only ie no Alan Wake etc, like them on FB for 5% off)

€64.99 in Smyths if you are after physical copy, Argos haven't got a price up yet

Still unknown if no Alan Wake, no code is supplied but preorder items like this usually come later in an Xbox message when purchased digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If you purchase DLC while on vacation, will it work on my game which I bought in Ireland?
    Also, do you have a recommended website to consult where to go on vacation for an older DLC (Horizon 2 Storm Island, maybe car pass)?

Correct, DLC is region free

You can check prices here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

JoyPad wrote: »
    If you purchase DLC while on vacation, will it work on my game which I bought in Ireland?
    Also, do you have a recommended website to consult where to go on vacation for an older DLC (Horizon 2 Storm Island, maybe car pass)?

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

its hard on the eyes and the UI is cat, but it does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Also if you're on holiday in Singapore the game is ready to play now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Are we able to go on holiday again? I'd heard they'd shut the airports after some issues in Japan.

Are we able to go on holiday again? I'd heard they'd shut the airports after some issues in Japan.

Yup you can. Reopened last week.

Quantum Break is 54.99 in Argos

Quantum Break is 54.99 in Argos

That's a very good price for a disk version considering its €45 (could be gone up now) on CD Keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a very good price for a disk version considering its €45 (could be gone up now) on CD Keys.

Got it on CD Keys for that as GameStop wanted €75 and wasn't paying that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement