Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Got it on CD Keys for that as GameStop wanted €75 and wasn't paying that.

Yea CD Keys was €45 for a digital copy but Argos have QB listed for €55 for a disk copy this morning.

I'd say it's be a game I'd play through once and not go back to so might be handy to buy there and sell on once I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea CD Keys was €45 for a digital copy but Argos have QB listed for €55 for a disk copy this morning.

I'd say it's be a game I'd play through once and not go back to so might be handy to buy there and sell on once I'm done.

Suppose if your gonna trade it in get the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Quantum Break is 54.99 in Argos

Reserved :D

Argos did the same for Fallout 4 - € 54.99 on release day, but put it up to € 69.99 about three days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My American console-sharing buddy preordered Quantum Break so I got an hour in on it before work this morning. It's lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Guys dont forget you get a 5e voucher to for spending over 50 in Argos. So it only costs 49.99 if you include the voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

EA Access for 1 month is €1.99 on Ebay.
    That works out at €24 for a year and FIFA16 is soon to be added (19th of April) so you *could* trade in for €15 cash or €20 voucher if you haven't bought the digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

maximoose wrote: »
    Correct, DLC is region free

You can check prices here

That one lists no DLC for Forza Horizon 2. However, I found this one, which has helped me find the best deal for the complete addons collection.

I can't believe what I paid for the whole collection, which includes the Storm Island expansion, the Porsche expansion, the treasure map, as well as a ton of cars. It was less than the asking price of the Storm Island expansion in Ireland.

I really really like this game, and I've content to play for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Quantam break also has a deal in argos for €14 off the Xbox controller making it €45, is that a good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox One Elite Controller from Gamestop.co.uk for just €124 (+ €3.95 for Parcel Motel)

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/52096/xbox-one-elite-controller?&utm_source=tradedoubler

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd love one, but I couldn't see myself paying more than 60 bucks for it.

Maybe if I actually held one, I might get the urge to buy it :)

Great price though, I spotted the deal on HDUK earlier and checked the Irish GS site, but the miserable bolixes are selling it above cost at €160 :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »

Great price though, I spotted the deal on HDUK earlier and checked the Irish GS site, but the miserable bolixes are selling it above cost at €160 :P

If you do hold one, you'd find it hard to go back to peasant controller :)

Well worth the money in my opinion, and i don't even use all the features.

marcbrophy wrote: »

You'll never pick up a new one for €60. The €120 in GameStop UK is probably the cheapest it'll ever sell for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox One Elite Controller from Gamestop.co.uk for just €124 (+ €3.95 for Parcel Motel)

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/52096/xbox-one-elite-controller?&utm_source=tradedoubler

LOL :D

joe123 wrote: »
    LOL :D

What's LOL? The controller is €150 here so €125 is a decent saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I paid 170 for the fecking thing :o

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I paid 170 for the fecking thing :o

And worth every penny :) (mine was a surprise gift :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you do hold one, you'd find it hard to go back to peasant controller :)

Well worth the money in my opinion, and i don't even use all the features.

I'm sure I'd appreciate it and buy it straight away. I'd end up using it to play Peggle :pac:
    You'll never pick up a new one for €60. The €120 in GameStop UK is probably the cheapest it'll ever sell for.

Oh I know that alright. And it is probably worth the €120, but maybe I'll find a pricing error somewhere and get lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah, Im slowly but surely finding myself just using it for everything now, its become second nature to me to use the paddles and I know instinctively which one I need to press for a,b,x etc.

loving the extra height on the Right stick as well, makes small adjustments noticeably smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Dead space free on games with gold. Had it on PC. looking forward to giving it a go on the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dead space free on games with gold. Had it on PC. looking forward to giving it a go on the xbox

Its also in the vault if you have EA access and forget to get it on gold/don't have gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is RB6 any good? The new one... it's €30 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

What's LOL? The controller is €150 here so €125 is a decent saving.

Microsoft pricing it at that in the first place! Just mental money for a controller. I was only joking anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Microsoft pricing it at that in the first place! Just mental money for a controller. I was only joking anyways.

If you think it's overpriced, you're probably not the target audience for it. Pro players have been getting standard controllers modified for years, and it works out a lot more expensive than an elite.

If you think it's overpriced, you're probably not the target audience for it. Pro players have been getting standard controllers modified for years, and it works out a lot more expensive than an elite.

ikwxnv91zqot7bcbxuhd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The elite controller was one of the best gaming purchases I have ever made.

I could never go back to a regular controller now. It would feel like slumming it :D

The elite controller was one of the best gaming purchases I have ever made.

I could never go back to a regular controller now. It would feel like slumming it :D

I'd to use my Covert Controller the other day. Never again. :D

Xbox One Elite Console (1TB SSHD) with an extra controller is €414.83 delivered to Ireland from Amazon France.

Add the Xbox Elite to your Cart from here:
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B014R04IC4?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96
    Then add the Controller
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ZFWRGXC/

And go to checkout - Enter code MANETTE in the box and the price of the extra controller will be removed from the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Still not worth it.

wow. that bad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement