Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mossym wrote: »
    wow. that bad?

Not half as bad as when it came out, but still not a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Still not worth it.

It's totally worth that price, if your into the series I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

SMC92Ian wrote: »

It was clearly a post using hyperbole to express my dislike for the game rather than an actual assessment of the value for money offered.

I'm a fan of the series, or at least the good ones in it and I absolutely hated it. I waited until the bugs cleared up before buying, so it was nothing to do with that - it's just a bad, repetitive, boring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I'd have to disagree, if you like the series save your money and get syndicate. I'm a big fan of the series but Unity really put me off of it. Horrible, horrible game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The division is ~€40 on amazon, might grt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Rorok wrote: »
    The division is ~€40 on amazon, might grt it

I'm seeing it for £39? With Amazons exchange rate that'd put it around €52ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

GBX wrote: »
    I'm seeing it for £39? With Amazons exchange rate that'd put it around €52ish

They took it off warehouse deals, shame was going to get it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Rorok wrote: »
    They took it off warehouse deals, shame was going to get it:(

Ah no worries. I'll keep an eye out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

GTA V for €23.29

Steps:

- Buy all free DLC for GTAV on xbox 360 via xbox.com
    - This gives 50% off GTAV for Xbox one
    - Hop on a flight to Columbia to buy for €23.29 or €35 in Ireland if you cant travel ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dricko_lim wrote: »
    GTA V for €23.29

Steps:

- Buy all free DLC for GTAV on xbox 360 via xbox.com
    - This gives 50% off GTAV for Xbox one
    - Hop on a flight to Columbia to buy for €23.29 or €35 in Ireland if you cant travel ;)

Bit weird that you need to buy all the free dlc for xbox 360 first...

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Bit weird that you need to buy all the free dlc for xbox 360 first...

Maybe just buy the one, took me less than a min to buy all the addons. Just followed what someone on reddit said! It's likely also to trick the system that you owned the 360 version to avail of a discount?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Maybe just buy the one, took me less than a min to buy all the addons. Just followed what someone on reddit said! It's likely also to trick the system that you owned the 360 version to avail of a discount?

Possibly yeah. I wonder would it 50% discount the game if it goes on sale anytime soon. As dont need it really but its about as cheap as ive seen it and GTA games hold their value so might be another year or two till its lower than €20 digitally.

Tinie wrote: »
    Possibly yeah. I wonder would it 50% discount the game if it goes on sale anytime soon. As dont need it really but its about as cheap as ive seen it and GTA games hold their value so might be another year or two till its lower than €20 digitally.

Ive been waiting to buy it and this is the cheapest Ive seen so went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Spotted the GTA trick earlier on Reddit, gave it a go and worked a treat. Had been waiting an age to download it via the deals but I caved in under the temptation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up a preowned copy of Project Cars in CEX for only €20 for the Xbox One.
    They also have Dark Souls 2 for the Xbox One for €25, which a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Hello,

What's my best option to buy a digital copy of Star Wars Battlefront today? (Argos has the disc for 35 EUR, but I need a digital download)

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

What's my best option to buy a digital copy of Star Wars Battlefront today? (Argos has the disc for 35 EUR, but I need a digital download)

Thank you!

I would suggest getting EA Access and giving the 10 hour trial a go before buying it. If you haven't played it, you might change your mind about purchasing it.
    I was looking forward to the game but was disappointed, I think I still have like 4 hours left on the trial that I didn't bother using.

Arkham Knight is €15 second hand atm in HMV.

Astro A40s are €145 on Zavvi atm if anyon is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Any good 360 deals around atm?
    Looking to upgrade mine as it an old 20gb model without WiFi or a hdmi port. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ERG89 wrote: »

You should be able to pick one up on Adverts.ie for cheap enough, and Ubisoft are selling Far Cry 4 Kryat Edition for €29.99.
    Sold out of the Xbox One version earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I would suggest getting EA Access and giving the 10 hour trial a go before buying it. If you haven't played it, you might change your mind about purchasing it.
    I was looking forward to the game but was disappointed, I think I still have like 4 hours left on the trial that I didn't bother using.

That's good advice.

I bought it in smyths recently and I was really disappointed with it and ended up giving it away a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You can pick up the latest model E version with a 250gb harddrive for €90 in CEX. Get a year guarantee with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You can pick up the latest model E version with a 250gb harddrive for €90 in CEX. Get a year guarantee with it too.

That would probably be the better option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

if you don't heed hdmi, you can get a wireless adapter in cex for €20-30 and the 360 can now support up to two 2TB external hard drives for game storage.

Damn! I am almost tempted to get that just to have another XBOne for running a private server on Ark or just 1 to leave at my parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Damn! I am almost tempted to get that just to have another XBOne for running a private server on Ark or just 1 to leave at my parents!

This just further proves my point that Ark is heroine/crack cocaine.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This just further proves my point that Ark is heroine/crack cocaine.

I know, I have a problem :(

I stuck on Fallout 4 yesterday as I had only played about 24 hours of it, I a now up to 24 hours and 35 minutes of gameplay.
    I like the game but....well, Ark!!
    I cant wait for the new map next month!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

hi guys,

just a quick question.

i saw this game on ebay and it seems a bit too good to be true for the price regarding a digital game.

have any of ye guys been caught buying digital game codes off ebay sellers at all?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201564923861?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007864&poi=2826&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=pla-131843277666&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement