Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hi guys,

just a quick question.

i saw this game on ebay and it seems a bit too good to be true for the price regarding a digital game.

have any of ye guys been caught buying digital game codes off ebay sellers at all?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201564923861?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007864&poi=2826&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=pla-131843277666&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122

That's to download a profile not the actual game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

hi guys,

just a quick question.

i saw this game on ebay and it seems a bit too good to be true for the price regarding a digital game.

have any of ye guys been caught buying digital game codes off ebay sellers at all?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201564923861?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007864&poi=2826&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=pla-131843277666&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122

Game will be downloaded via an xbox profile, this is not a 24 digit redeem code for Xbox store.

^^ violation of xbox live TOS so could be killed at any time, also the seller can pull back the profile at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Game will be downloaded via an xbox profile, this is not a 24 digit redeem code for Xbox store.

^^ violation of xbox live TOS so could be killed at any time, also the seller can pull back the profile at any time.

Chances are the credit card used is of illicit origin, came up against this myself some time ago. They always advise to download within 48 hours. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Chances are the credit card used is of illicit origin, came up against this myself some time ago. They always advise to download within 48 hours. Avoid.

wow
    thanks very much guys, appreciate it. thought i would have heard of it alright by now. the search continues for a cheapish dirt rally, changing across from ps4 to xbone in the coming weeks. cant wait . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

wow
    thanks very much guys, appreciate it. thought i would have heard of it alright by now. the search continues for a cheapish dirt rally, changing across from ps4 to xbone in the coming weeks. cant wait . :)

Try a flight to Colombia, or Argentina, or Singapore.....Mother Russia sometimes has cheap flights too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Try a flight to Colombia, or Argentina, or Singapore.....Mother Russia sometimes has cheap flights too.

i hear ya, and appreciate that. i need to do some research on that. is there a specific website ye guys can make reference to with regards to cheap flights? i downloaded the app but it was terribly optimized and basically ran off the cache so uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

We are not allowed to talk about it on here, a quick search of the interwebs should help you though, alternatively, I am sure someone will probably send you a PM with illicit offers of trips to Russia ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You can pick up the latest model E version with a 250gb harddrive for €90 in CEX. Get a year guarantee with it too.

Ok so I bought this today but have a problem. The family settings are bugging me. It's asking for a 4 button password I don't know & then a security question I didn't set. I assume this is something set by the previous owner. Do I ask CEX or Microsoft about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ok so I bought this today but have a problem. The family settings are bugging me. It's asking for a 4 button password I don't know & then a security question I didn't set. I assume this is something set by the previous owner. Do I ask CEX or Microsoft about this?

Try this?

1. On the 360 dashboard, scroll over to the "System" tab.

2. On the System tab, click "Console Settings".

3. Scroll down in console settings and click "System Info".

4. When the system info box comes up type in this sequence:

LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y

A box should come up and say, "Would you like to reset the console to the factory defaults?"

Click Reset and you're done!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Try this?

1. On the 360 dashboard, scroll over to the "System" tab.

2. On the System tab, click "Console Settings".

3. Scroll down in console settings and click "System Info".

4. When the system info box comes up type in this sequence:

LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y

A box should come up and say, "Would you like to reset the console to the factory defaults?"

Click Reset and you're done!

Will I back up my data if I do a factory reset?

Tried it there no luck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Halo MCC is €25.70 at cdkeys.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The white 500GB Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle is only €260 on Amazon Germany - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01BLDLM24/

Shipping and Vat brings it up to €283.39 Delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It was down to €3.70 on CDKeys 2 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Getting through Black Flag right now. Unity is worth a punt for that price. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

GBX wrote: »
    Getting through Black Flag right now. Unity is worth a punt for that price. Thanks

Playing through Unity now actually, and it's alright. Still got a fair few bugs in it, but nothing too unforgivable at this stage. Quite funny when they pop up actually, the game is almost taunting you:

"Look, an open doorway; LOL NOPE, you can't walk through here, you've got to parkour through!"

or

"Follow the beacon to your contact; LOL NOPE, I'm not going to spawn her until you run out of the building, down the street and then back again."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

This is *NOT* a bargain, just a warning about such...

I've a friend in Argentina, he tells me the prices on their XBox store do not include VAT, which is 21%. Some websites that crawl the store and do currency conversions are not aware of this, and show the price without tax, which may look like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Isn't that game free anyway?

Yeah free to play...

Just seen it on twitter last night.

Wasnt aware if it.

Any more games free in xbox store?

• Advertisement

Any more games free in xbox store?

Smite, Airmech Arena, World of Tanks to name a few. WoT being the best IMO.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Smite, Airmech Arena, World of Tanks to name a few. WoT being the best IMO.

Ah grand. Ill get them for my son.

How do i find free games?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah grand. Ill get them for my son.

How do i find free games?

Neverwinter & Warframe are another couple.

Just search for them in the store like you would any other game.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Neverwinter & Warframe are another couple.

Just search for them in the store like you would any other game.

I meant how do you search to find them. You cant search by price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I meant how do you search to find them. You cant search by price

Go to 'Search Games Store' and type in the name of the game.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Search games by price i mean.

Gizmo55 wrote:

He wants to know how to find WHAT games are free in the first place. Without having to click manually into each and every game to see the price first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm pretty sure you cannot do a search by price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I don't think you can.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think you can.

That's what he was saying in the first place.

I'd say the best way would be just to google it, I'll see if I can find a list of free to play stuff tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement