Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's what he was saying in the first place.

I'd say the best way would be just to google it, I'll see if I can find a list of free to play stuff tomorrow.

I did google it but didnt find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It is a bit annoying that you cant filter the games by price, would make it a lot easier to find cheaper games and free games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This should help. While a little cumbersome it is a list of all free games and dlc available for the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

You could go to digitalgamesprices and order them by price, just click on the arrow by the Irish flag, that will bring all the free games to the top. I think that is probably the easiest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Any one see the taken king for destiny for less than 40? Really wanna play it but cant justify it at that price.

Drexel wrote: »
    Any one see the taken king for destiny for less than 40? Really wanna play it but cant justify it at that price.

€30 for the Legendary Edition in Smyths atm, which contains the base game, the Dark Below, House of Wolves and the Taken King.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-753/xbox-one-games/p-13971/destiny-the-taken-king-xbox-one/

€30 for the Legendary Edition in Smyths atm, which contains the base game, the Dark Below, House of Wolves and the Taken King.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-753/xbox-one-games/p-13971/destiny-the-taken-king-xbox-one/

Oh cheers for that. 30 isnt too bad. How does it work if I buy that and already have the base game plus all the dlc except the taken king?

Oh cheers for that. 30 isnt too bad. How does it work if I buy that and already have the base game plus all the dlc except the taken king?

The dlc is on a card, just redeem it and you will have TTK.

The dlc is on a card, just redeem it and you will have TTK.

Nice one. Went and got that.

Spare copy of Destiny going if any one is looking for one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Nice one. Went and got that.

Spare copy of Destiny going if any one is looking for one

How much are you looking for it, or is it free? Id be interested, Been wanting to try Destiny for a while now.

How much are you looking for it, or is it free? Id be interested, Been wanting to try Destiny for a while now.

Ah I saved a tenner from posting on here so il couldn't ask someone else for money. PM me on your address and il post it to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Ah I saved a tenner from posting on here so il couldn't ask someone else for money. PM me on your address and il post it to you.
    Thanks very much, thats really kind of you, ill pm you there now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Drexel wrote:

Fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just came in to post about Destiny. Was 30 a couple of weeks back but had gone back up by the time I got into Smyths, so picked it up today when I seen it.

30 euro is probably an OK price for the full game, eases the blow of paying 60 on release for a piece of a game.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just came in to post about Destiny. Was 30 a couple of weeks back but had gone back up by the time I got into Smyths, so picked it up today when I seen it.

30 euro is probably an OK price for the full game, eases the blow of paying 60 on release for a piece of a game.

Despite having the crappiest story known to man Destiny is probably the best fps on the One. At least it isnt COD 56 Kitchen Borefare or Battlefield Flatline.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Despite having the crappiest story known to man Destiny is probably the best fps on the One. At least it isnt COD 56 Kitchen Borefare or Battlefield Flatline.

Titanfall and Halo 5 are a bit better from a pure fps point of view imo, in terms of of PvE/co-op stuff Destiny is streets ahead though.

Titanfall and Halo 5 are a bit better from a pure fps point of view imo, in terms of of PvE/co-op stuff Destiny is streets ahead though.

Titanfall is great, bit diluted now because of COD: Advanced copying of Titanfall.

Was really disappointed with Halo 5 myself, just doesn't feel like a Halo game should imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Titanfall is great, bit diluted now because of COD: Advanced copying of Titanfall.

Was really disappointed with Halo 5 myself, just doesn't feel like a Halo game should imo.

Did you play much of the multiplayer? Was the best since Halo 2 I thought, really went back to its roots. Didn't think much of warzone though.

Did you play much of the multiplayer? Was the best since Halo 2 I thought, really went back to its roots. Didn't think much of warzone though.

Yeah. Dont think much of Warzone either. As for the main pvp, I didn't really like Halo 2 either.
    I thought the aim assist was ridiculously high in H2, which usually ended up hampering me a lot when encountering multiple opponents.

Really enjoyed H3 and Reach. Thought 4 wasn't bad, but it was a poor choice to allow you to have a Battle Rifle and a DMR in your initial loadout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Oh come on... I just bough SW Battlefront on disk last Friday and now it's 50% off on the Xbox Store.
    Same price, but I don't want any physical discs.
    Is there any way going digital once you have the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xboxdad wrote: »
    Oh come on... I just bough SW Battlefront on disk last Friday and now it's 50% off on the Xbox Store.
    Same price, but I don't want any physical discs.
    Is there any way going digital once you have the disc?

Buy the game digitally and sell the disk.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Buy the game digitally and sell the disk.

Can I just buy the digital one without uninstalling the disc based one? (need to keep the progress)

Can I just buy the digital one without uninstalling the disc based one? (need to keep the progress)

All your save data is stored in the cloud so no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes. It works perfectly. When you buy the digital version you are buying the license which is checked as you launch the game. This saves you the hassle of having to download the digital copy.

Yes. It works perfectly. When you buy the digital version you are buying the license which is checked as you launch the game. This saves you the hassle of having to download the a digital copy.

Which is why the Xbox One file system is better than the PS4. If you have a disc copy and then get a digital copy, say from it being on PS+, you need to uninstall the disc version before it will allow you to use or even install the digital version.

Not trying to rag on the PS4 btw, both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses.

Dark Souls 3 is down to £29.99 on The Game Collection until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is there a pattern to what comes on DWG?
    Son wants Fallout 4 and I see it was discounted in March as well as April.
    I see it's down to €39.99 in Argos, but would have preferred the digital download.

JoyPad wrote: »
    I see it's down to €39.99 in Argos, but would have preferred the digital download.

I'm not sure, but Star Wars Battlefront was down to 35-39 EUR in both Argos and GameStop last week, then it went down to 35 EUR in DWG this week. So maybe... there's a pattern.

• Advertisement

JoyPad wrote: »

It's really not that great to be honest.

You might be as well picking up a second hand copy on Adverts for around €30 and selling on when he's done with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement