Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's really not that great to be honest.

You might be as well picking up a second hand copy on Adverts for around €30 and selling on when he's done with it.

Agree, was very disappointed with Fallout 4 myself. Don't know how anyone could have voted it as GotY over Witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Agree, was very disappointed with Fallout 4 myself. Don't know how anyone could have voted it as GotY over Witcher 3.

My mate will be having kittens, he swears Fallout 4 is the best thing ever. I'm only about half way through The Witcher 3 but it's feckin awesome. Haven't started Fallout 4 yet.

Edit: Zoo Tycoon is €7.61 on cd keys. I've been waiting for it to be free on Games with Gold but might go nuts and splash the cash.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/zoo-tycoon-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gave up on fallout a few hours in
    Very disappointing
    Tried to go back but it was just boring
    And I LOVED FO3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My mate will be having kittens, he swears Fallout 4 is the best thing ever. I'm only about half way through The Witcher 3 but it's feckin awesome. Haven't started Fallout 4 yet.

Edit: Zoo Tycoon is €7.61 on cd keys. I've been waiting for it to be free on Games with Gold but might go nuts and splash the cash.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/zoo-tycoon-xbox-one

I played Fallout 4 for 30+ hours but just couldn't get into it.

Have Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Dark Souls and Sunset Overdrive in my list to still play (these are my priority) along with Unravel, South Park, Halo 5, Black Flag and probably 20 other games :(

Also might add Zoo Tycoon to that now as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Hey guys,
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, i'm really looking for suggestions so if it's not, delete or ignore!
    I'm looking to buy my boyfriend a game as a surprise. He's been a dream while i've been a full time mature stu. I got him the xbox one in the black friday sale a few months ago.
    That came with a tomb raider game which he thought was ok. The other games since are:

Assassins Creed
    Watch dogs (i think thats the name)
    Fallout
    Black Mesa

I don't know anything about games so not sure if theres a recurring theme that could offer a suggestion. It doesn't have to be new release, most of the time he plays games that have been out for a year or two.

Thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hey guys,
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, i'm really looking for suggestions so if it's not, delete or ignore!
    I'm looking to buy my boyfriend a game as a surprise. He's been a dream while i've been a full time mature stu. I got him the xbox one in the black friday sale a few months ago.
    That came with a tomb raider game which he thought was ok. The other games since are:

Assassins Creed
    Fallout
    Black Mesa

I don't know anything about games so not sure if theres a recurring theme that could offer a suggestion. It doesn't have to be new release, most of the time he plays games that have been out for a year or two.

Thanks everyone!

Assassins creed would be closest to tomb raider out of all them. Alternatively, you could buy him a years pre paid subscription to xbox live and he'll get 4 free games a month. or by him a years subscription to EA access and he'll have access to lots of games in there as well.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/46013/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership

Hey guys,

Assassins Creed
    Fallout
    Black Mesa

Thanks everyone!

The Witcher 3 would be a good one to get seeing as he likes Fallout (both are rpg's)
    And maybe Sunset Overdrive, just cos it's a blast to play.

Hey guys,

Assassins Creed
    Fallout
    Black Mesa

Thanks everyone!

Just three questions for you...

How much were you going to spend?
    Does he have good Broadband?
    Does he have Xbox Live?

If I was you I'd buy whatever game (Witcher 3 is a great recommendation) in Argos, do not go to GameStop they are a rip off, and your money will go further in Argos.

If he hasn't got Xbox Live and has good Broadband then a Live Subscription would be a good buy for the free games every month (not a great selection this month but have been more hits than misses since Christmas).

If he has good Broadband then EA Access is an even better choice as he gets access to loads of games for as long as his sub is active(20+ games I think for €25 for the year). Games include UFC, Fifa, Battlefield, Plants V Zombies and Rory McIlroy Golf. He would have to download each game to play though so this may not be an option if he has poor Broadband or a small download limit.

Some Other Options

Far Cry 4
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2906535.htm?_$ja=tsid:30390|prd:7708057

Borderlands
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/3811784

Metal Gear Solid
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/4125008

Mad Max
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/4296470

Excellent, thanks so much. I was going to spend around 40-50, I was thinking I'd go into gamestop and have a look at pre owned but never thought of Argos, so I'll definitely go there.
    The broadband is good enough.
    Is xbox live where you buy downloadable games? (Sorry for the stupidity here) If so, then he has that, and uses phone credit to buy them. Thats why I was thinking I'd like to get an actual game rather than a subscription, even though that sounds better.
    I was thinking of trying to sell the xbox 360 and get a few with that. He says he's keeping to go back and finish skyrim and replay GTA 5 but I can't see that happening, I better not though.

Brilliant, so I'll look into a subscription! I think thats best, he got a 50 euro gamestop voucher at xmas and still hasnt used it so maybe a physical disc in a box isn't a great plan. I like the sound of Sunset Overdrive though!
    I pretty much like to buy ones that I enjoy watching, like all the GTA's, Assassins Creed and my favourite, LA Noire.
    Thanks so much everyone!

Excellent, thanks so much. I was going to spend around 40-50, I was thinking I'd go into gamestop and have a look at pre owned but never thought of Argos, so I'll definitely go there.
    The broadband is good enough.
    Is xbox live where you buy downloadable games? (Sorry for the stupidity here) If so, then he has that, and uses phone credit to buy them. Thats why I was thinking I'd like to get an actual game rather than a subscription, even though that sounds better.
    I was thinking of trying to sell the xbox 360 and get a few with that. He says he's keeping to go back and finish skyrim and replay GTA 5 but I can't see that happening, I better not though.

Brilliant, so I'll look into a subscription! I think thats best, he got a 50 euro gamestop voucher at xmas and still hasnt used it so maybe a physical disc in a box isn't a great plan. I like the sound of Sunset Overdrive though!
    I pretty much like to buy ones that I enjoy watching, like all the GTA's, Assassins Creed and my favourite, LA Noire.
    Thanks so much everyone!

You buy games using Credit on the Xbox Store. Xbox Live allows you to play against other people over the internet.

If he has Xbox Live Sunset Overdrive is still showing as FREE for last month Games With Gold so I'd download that now :)

• Advertisement

You buy games using Credit on the Xbox Store. Xbox Live allows you to play against other people over the internet.

If he has Xbox Live Sunset Overdrive is still showing as FREE for last month Games With Gold so I'd download that now :)

Sunset Overdrive is still free until the 15th on Games with Gold.

Ah ok, he definitely has an account for that and used to do it, the headset for the 360 is still here but he doesn't really enjoy playing aganst other users.
    Actually I'll just tell him about the free download and this will give me more info, and if he gets that i'll buy the W..3 game that was just mentioned and I can't remember the name of :rolleyes:
    Is there a need to have played or be familiar with the other 2?
    Some great looking games on EA.

Ah ok, he definitely has an account for that and used to do it, the headset for the 360 is still here but he doesn't really enjoy playing aganst other users.
    Actually I'll just tell him about the free download and this will give me more info, and if he gets that i'll buy the W..3 game that was just mentioned and I can't remember the name of :rolleyes:
    Is there a need to have played or be familiar with the other 2?
    Some great looking games on EA.

I never played the first two Witcher games but have enjoyed the third.

EA Access is great value for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Same. Witcher 3 functions well as a stand alone and is an absolute cracker of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Look at all these quick replies with a wealth of information. Boards is an awesome community :)

I was just thinking the same thing, and I'm only a newbie. Thanks again guys, I've loads of options now.

I was just thinking the same thing, and I'm only a newbie. Thanks again guys, I've loads of options now.

If you have questions just ask here because more than likely someone has brought/done/needed the exact same thing before and know where to go or look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

The only thing we like talking about more than video games is where to get cheap video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The only thing we like talking about more than video games is where to get cheap video games.

Revolut, Foreign digital store, game sharing. Simple as that :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Revolut, Foreign digital store, game sharing. Simple as that :rolleyes:

I got the Season Pass for Sunset Overdrive from Russia for €4.67 yesterday.

Still haven't played past the second level in the main game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What's different in the season pass? More missions and such? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What's different in the season pass? More missions and such? :)

No idea :D

It looks like some more missions, outfits and guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No idea :D

It looks like some more missions, outfits and guns.

Worth a fiver so! :D

Guitar Hero Live is down to €50 in Smyths.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is currently £20 on Amazon UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

quantum break is 40 euros in both Argos and Smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Anyone know how much I'll get for Black Ops 3 in Gamestop or CEX?

Colham wrote: »

Why don't you check?

https://ie.webuy.com/

GameStop won't give you as much as CEX.

Colham wrote: »

I'd trade it in for a game if I was you. Cash prices aren't great.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Master chief collection for €13.96: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

Worth it for the campaigns alone imo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement