Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xbox One 1TB for €290 from Zavvi.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Halo 5 £12.85 on amazon.co.uk

Campaign ain't great but the multi-player still has me hopping on for an hour every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The witcher 3, metal gear solid 5 and Arkham knight are all 24.99 in smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Looking for 12 month gold. Any suggestions on a website

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »

Amazon.com has them for 40 USD at the moment. Pretty good. Fairly sure they'll work here, maybe someone else here can confirm

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »
    Amazon.com has them for 40 USD at the moment. Pretty good. Fairly sure they'll work here, maybe someone else here can confirm

Yeah, they will work. If its digital you can't buy it without a US postal address and your country set to US for digital purchases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »

CD Keys. €39 for 12 months but they have a 24 month one for €60 but it's out of stock at the minute.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emmetkenny wrote: »
    CD Keys. €39 for 12 months but they have a 24 month one for €60 but it's out of stock at the minute.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Don't forget 5% off for liking their Facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They have also lowered the price on Assassin's Creed Unity, now its €2.67

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is tony Hawks worth €16 to mess about with for the rest of the weekend

• Advertisement

gotthebug wrote: »

Not worth 50 cent. Absolute garbage. Its an unfinished mess crapped out on the last day that Activision had the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is tony Hawks worth 16 to mess about with for the rest of the weekend

Not worth 50 cent. Absolute garbage. Its an unfinished mess crapped out on the last day that Activision had the licence.

I have it and it is good enough fun, not as good as the original Tony Hawk games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I got it last month and am really enjoying it, having a blast playing as the Turtles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

My son wants to buy a game in the xbox one store online i really don't want to link my credit card to buy it.what options do i have?vouchers?

Mods move this if its In the wrong place.no idea where to ask it.

I've had my credit card linked to my account for over 9 years and never had any problem.

If your afraid your son will purchase a game unknown to you you can set a pass code.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    My son wants to buy a game in the xbox one store online i really don't want to link my credit card to buy it.what options do i have?vouchers?

You can buy prepaid voucher codes in values from €5 to €50. These can be purcased in store or as a digital code online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You could sign up to a prepaid card like Revolut and attach this to his account.

The card can only be topped up using the mobile app so it'd be easy for you to keep track of top ups and manage what he spends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

You don't need anything beyond your own XBox account. After you have your account (parent) and his account (child) linked, you can simply top up his account with your own payment method. If you log into your MS account, you will see your son's account under "Your Family", and there's a link there to add money to his account.

It's the same as a prepaid phone account. You top it up, he drains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Thanks for the replies ill sit down later and check out the ms account one.i found out harvey norman sell xbox vouchers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Dziabong

Thanks for the replies ill sit down later and check out the ms account one.i found out harvey norman sell xbox vouchers as well.
    Or u can just link your card , buy whatever u need , and then remove card its what im doing just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »

It says not available for me. :(

• ShaneU wrote: »

I just missed it ****e

Loads of people got the season pass for free!

It says not available for me. :(

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ShaneU wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Disappointed you didn't use the gif :o

lcxyE0D.gif

I prefer the subtle approach to delivering bad news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Although it rarely happens, I can definitely see these being cancelled and revoked. It blew up much larger than previous misprices.

Even IGN was tweeting about it. Thousands upon thousands must have gotten it for free, which Microsoft will hardly want to take the hit on, and just do a simple cancel of all orders that were null price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tinie wrote: »
    Although it rarely happens, I can definitely see these being cancelled and revoked. It blew up much larger than previous misprices.

Even IGN was tweeting about it. Thousands upon thousands must have gotten it for free, which Microsoft will hardly want to take the hit on, and just do a simple cancel of all orders that were null price.

People who got it will soon find out. I think the game a few months ago that had similar thing happen never got revoked so we'll see :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They'll almost certainly be revoked, as that's what happened on PS4 when the exact same thing happened.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-18-fallout-4-season-pass-currently-free-on-uk-playstation-store

Mad that it happened on both consoles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement