Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

CatInABox wrote: »
    They'll almost certainly be revoked, as that's what happened on PS4 when the exact same thing happened.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-18-fallout-4-season-pass-currently-free-on-uk-playstation-store

Mad that it happened on both consoles.

Slight difference in that the DLC hadn't been released at that stage. What happens on XBOne to people who managed to "buy" and download everything? Could end up being a PR disaster and might be a better option to just swallow it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Slight difference in that the DLC hadn't been released at that stage. What happens on XBOne to people who managed to "buy" and download everything? Could end up being a PR disaster and might be a better option to just swallow it.

To be honest, the PR hit wouldn't be large. Everyone knew that the price was wrong. Even if you didn't read it on a website, and just happened to come across it on Xbox.com, you still wouldn't have a reasonable belief that a recently released game should be free. While there's going to be a free complaints and grumblings, no one will care long term.

As far as i know, it's the same from the legal standpoint as well, Microsoft will be able to cancel the contract (i.e. the purchase) with you because no one should believe that a new game should be so heavily discounted.

Yeah 99% of those up in arms over losing it would be shedding crocodile tears

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Oh absolutely, if anyone got it, they full well know it was a fluke and can have no complaints if it's revoked. Still, would be interesting to see some stats on it. I wonder how many downloads there were globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Downloaded and tried APB
    Christ the game is bad, the mechanics feel all off, the aiming is terrible and the shooting just as bad.
    Not to mention the driving, also having to hold down a button to get into a car is annoying.

• Advertisement

Downloaded and tried APB
    Christ the game is bad, the mechanics feel all off, the aiming is terrible and the shooting just as bad.
    Not to mention the driving, also having to hold down a button to get into a car is annoying.

I'm seeing that more and more in games these days to do different actions and it's super annoying. Especially when there are no other actions assigned to a single press of a button. It's one of the things that bugs me playing hitman at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm seeing that more and more in games these days to do different actions and it's super annoying. Especially when there are no other actions assigned to a single press of a button. It's one of the things that bugs me playing hitman at the moment.

pain in the hoop - x to take cover, x to reload, x to dodge, x to use keypad, x to open doors.

the division is particularly guilty of this. and it always messes you up by making you climb over cover when you wanted to duck or generally does the opposite of what you intended.

I can appreciate the attempt to streamline a load of commands, but at least make them somewhat responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Downloaded and tried APB

For the sake of balance, Max complaining about the driving doesn't necessarily mean the driving is bad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Nolimits wrote: »
    For the sake of balance, Max complaining about the driving doesn't necessarily mean the driving is bad.....

I would say it's the worst part of the game, which I deleted withing 20 mins of starting, one of the worst games I've played on xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I was trying to get away from some people and they were able to kill me cause I had to hold X to get into a car :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CkoOx2aUoAAFHY5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Huh, they didn't even have to do that. That's sound of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Huh, they didn't even have to do that. That's sound of them.

Yeah, really surprised actually! No one would have been too put out if they just said you can't have it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dammit, annoyed i missed out on a free tenner.

Doom going for 44.99 in argos

Quantum Break is 39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€339.99 in Argos for the Forza 6 1TB Xbox One.

Lego dimensions is down to €65 in hmv atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Lego dimensions is down to €65 in hmv atm.

Are you sure?its reading 79.99 for me?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Are you sure?its reading 79.99 for me?

€65 in store on Henry St. €130 marked down 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

€65 in store on Henry St. €130 marked down 50%

He's right, was in Saturday and saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Halo: Master Chief Collection is only €9 on cd keys now! :eek:

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one?mw_aref=74dth566

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Halo: Master Chief Collection is only €9 on cd keys now! :eek:

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one?mw_aref=74dth566

Dammit, I feel screwed for having paid €9.50 for it the other day now :P :pac: (€10 and their usual discount code)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

cython wrote: »
    Dammit, I feel screwed for having paid €9.50 for it the other day now :P :pac: (€10 and their usual discount code)

Try €100 for the legendary edition...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hahahhahahahhahahaha :P

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hahahhahahahhahahaha :P

Harsh, very harsh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

what did you get with that? a replica helmet or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Harsh, very harsh.....

It's ok it's Dave :). I don't think he bought it that long ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

what did you get with that? a replica helmet or something?

Comes in a metal box, some cards with info on the two teams and a sheet metal thing that you can build an elite or something... I haven't even touched the thing :/

And bought it less than a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

The Crew and XCOM Enemy Unknown are now free with gold.

• Advertisement

Comes in a metal box, some cards with info on the two teams and a sheet metal thing that you can build an elite or something... I haven't even touched the thing :/

And bought it less than a year ago!

Thats Halo 5 not MCC. The MCC CE came with maps of all the levels and mp maps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement