Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    This set really bombed, they've been trying for months to flock these and still most stores are full of them.

In fairness, the game itself is fairly "meh". Run here, shoot this, run over here, shoot that.

The "story" has gotten so convoluted at this stage, I don't know how anyone could understand it. I think they've disappeared up their own backsides with the lore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Argos doing xbone + kinect + 3 games for €299. Stock low one in clonmel. I got the xbone FIFA bundle for €259 in Argos plenty of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Linx Vision 8 for £69.99 delivered to addresspal, A+ condition with 12 months warranty, A- is £64.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

sweetie wrote: »
    Linx Vision 8 for £69.99 delivered to addresspal, A+ condition with 12 months warranty, A- is £64.99.

Good value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

In fairness, the game itself is fairly "meh". Run here, shoot this, run over here, shoot that.

So pretty much every MP FPS shooter then? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The single player was pretty bland and boring, gave up at the first boss battle.

The MP is great though, I haven't played it in months and I've heard it's gotten better with every update.

Isn't pretty much every big collectors edition now knocking around for half the price in no time?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't post this in the main Argos Bargains Thread because people will clear it out in no time and they will be up for sale on Adverts later for €45.

I just reserved two in Wexford to collect later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cheers two for me and brother picked up in swords. Was tempted to get 4 but I dont buy that many games. Does the credit run out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Argos in The Crescent in Limerick says there is a problem with the ones they have and they can't sell them, something about not being able to top them up. Presume they can't activate them.

Anyone buy any today?

• Advertisement

Argos in The Crescent in Limerick says there is a problem with the ones they have and they can't sell them, something about not being able to top them up. Presume they can't activate them.

Anyone buy any today?

About to head off and try Childers Road now, will report back.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    About to head off and try Childers Road now, will report back.

That's gas, about to head there myself right now! Dropped the missus off to work at the hospital and we live outside Murroe so it's on the way home.

If I see someone try to buy them there I'll say hello.

That's gas, about to head there myself right now! Dropped the missus off to work at the hospital and we live outside Murroe so it's on the way home.

If I see someone try to buy them there I'll say hello.

I'm in Nenagh so i'm going to be at least 30 minutes.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Cheers two for me and brother picked up in swords. Was tempted to get 4 but I dont buy that many games. Does the credit run out?

Have you tried redeem one of the codes? Just told in my Argos the codes won't activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I just reserved two at an argos I think I'll be near later on today hopefully it will still be working by the time I get there.

got the last 4 in our local store cheers OP

I'm in Nenagh so i'm going to be at least 30 minutes.

If you're making a special trip, hold off and I'll check for you.

Just parked up there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Is there any way of using them towards buying a console?

joe316 wrote: »
    Is there any way of using them towards buying a console?

Nope. Just for games off Xbox Live

No go in Childers Road either, that's 2 stores now that are reporting problems with them and can't sell them.

Pity, great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

No go in Childers Road either, that's 2 stores now that are reporting problems with them and can't sell them.

Pity, great deal.

I have reserved 2 in Galway
    Will have to drive in especially for them so are you saying when I get there I'll be told they can't sell them ?

Pity, great deal.

Town so is the last great bastion of hope for this deal.....

Might spin in anyways, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have reserved one in Dundrum, as I will be there during the week, sold out in a quite a few places (Even if it says orderable)

http://checkargos.com/product/5017177

A few left in Dublin City Centre Stores.

km79 wrote: »
    I have reserved 2 in Galway
    Will have to drive in especially for them so are you saying when I get there I'll be told they can't sell them ?

Well at least with 2 of the stores in Limerick. Maybe see if you can ring the store to avoid a wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Argos are usually good if an item has been reserved, i.e. they usually honour it, even if it was a price mistake.
    Did the two stores in Limerick have them reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Allyall wrote: »
    Argos are usually good if an item has been reserved, i.e. they usually honour it, even if it was a price mistake.

What I was getting at was will I be told when I go in that the cards are invalid so can't be sold as they wont work ?

Allyall wrote: »

The problem APPEARS to be that they can't be activated at the till, not so much that they aren't honoring the price.

km79 wrote: »
    What I was getting at was will I be told when I go in that the cards are invalid so can't be sold as they wont work ?

I was told the same in Wexford. The manager tried to put them through a second time but when he tried to scan them to activate them he said they wouldn't activate.

In both stores there was stock and no issues with the price.

The issue was that because they have some issues activating them they couldn't sell them.

One person in the Crescent in Limerick says they have had problems since Christmas.

• Advertisement

The problem APPEARS to be that they can't be activated at the till, not so much that they aren't honoring the price.

Just back from trying to collect the ones I'd reserved and got told exactly the same :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement