Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

In both stores there was stock and no issues with the price.

The issue was that because they have some issues activating them they couldn't sell them.

One person in the Crescent in Limerick says they have had problems since Christmas.

Cruises St is showing as having no stock,but i have a reservation so i think i'll chance it, worst that can happen is they say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can't activate them in Jervis St. Just tried to buy 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

Got 2 in Ashbourne. Kids trying to load them now. I will report back.

Not working. Xbox message saying please activate later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tyney wrote: »
    Not working. Xbox message saying please activate later.

Try get onto support or Xbox website. Tell them you bought them in a sale but the codes are not activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Cruises Street the same no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Are all the Argos stores having the same issue activating?

I reserved for Dundrum, showing over 5 available.

OK. Back in argos. Lovely lady refunded my original purchase, sold me new cards at full price, activated them, and then refunded the half price. Off home to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

The €25 gift card are priced as €50 so you can see where the mistake was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

Or else they trying to make up for the loss!

• Advertisement

Yay... All working. Thanks op. I hope that people don't get stroppy with the argos staff if this deal doesn't work out for them. You can be absolutely sure that the person serving you didn't create this problem, and it's a Saturday morning that they are working, when most of their customers have had a lie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rock band 4 has dropped in price again in GameStop. €10 with legacy adapter, €50 with guitar, €100 for band in a box.

Edit: Just checked Argos again. The cards won't activate due to the incorrect price. The system checks the value of the card against the price on the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tyney wrote: »
    OK. Back in argos. Lovely lady refunded my original purchase, sold me new cards at full price, activated them, and then refunded the half price. Off home to try them.

Jesus fair play to the lady at the till. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

nava wrote: »
    Are all the Argos stores having the same issue activating?

I reserved for Dundrum, showing over 5 available.

Argos just rang me, and told me that they are ringing everyone that has them reserved. That they are not working when they scan them, in any store.
    My guess is that it's a misprice, but fair enough either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got mine in Liffey Valley earlier and nobody said anything about them not activating. Just seen all the comments now, has anyone who them been able to use them? Wont get to try mine till tomorrow

Got mine in Liffey Valley earlier and nobody said anything about them not activating. Just seen all the comments now, has anyone who them been able to use them? Wont get to try mine till tomorrow

When I got the first ones, they gave them to me without activating them. That's how the problem didn't show. When I went back to activate them, that's when the issue showed on the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Bought 2 in ashbourne. Redeemed fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

they were able to sell the psplus subs for 12.50 but I guess there wasnt a numerical value on those. I've reserved a few in portlaoise, will see tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhhhh I see whats going on here guys, if you look in Xbox Accessories section on the Argos site, the €25 cards are priced at €50 and the €50 ones are €25 definite price error.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dundrum called me to say the cards have been problematic for months now it is on Microsoft end rather than argos. Had two reserved but canceled now too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I cant reserve. It keeps saying its in stock then its out of stock once I complete the reservation. It sends an email saying I have the item reserved and the details will arrive by text but it never arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

They were coming up as €50 when she scanned them at the till so I wasn't getting any. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I cant reserve. It keeps saying its in stock then its out of stock once I complete the reservation. It sends an email saying I have the item reserved and the details will arrive by text but it never arrives.

Same thing for more but I didn't even get an email

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Picked up two using the kiosk but not activated yet. Ugh got to go back now.

Rock band 4 has dropped in price again in GameStop. €10 with legacy adapter, €50 with guitar, €100 for band in a box.

Band in a box is down to E72 on Zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Band in a box is down to E72 on Zavvi.

Save your money and track down the older GH drums, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So am I wasting time taking a detour to try pickup the xbox credit I've reserved in portlaoise today.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

sweetie wrote: »
    So am I wasting time taking a detour to try pickup the xbox credit I've reserved in portlaoise today.

Wondering that too... Well not the portlaoise part... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

erkifino wrote: »
    Wondering that too... Well not the portlaoise part... :pac:

Yes woukd reckon so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I got mine. Showed them the Argos website price. Bought two for 100 then they refunded me 50

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement