Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Save your money and track down the older GH drums, much better.

The plastic on the GH drums is poor, especially the jacks for the cymbals/pedal. Mine have gone white and falls apart with the slightest touch.

Worth getting the solus for €10 though. CEX give you €20 cash or €26 trade for RB4 with the legacy adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Not sure if it's been mentioned but red dead redemption game of the year edition is 17e in argos

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Red%20dead%20redemption

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Not sure if it's been mentioned but red dead redemption game of the year edition is 17e in argos

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Red%2520dead%2520redemption

That's not much of a Bargain considering Microsoft had it on sale for 7.50 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's not much of a Bargain considering Microsoft had it on sale for 7.50 last week.

The base game was €7.50. It didn't include Undead Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"Beanflicker" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭GBX

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The base game was €7.50. It didn't include Undead Nightmare

Wasn't the undead nightmare and dlc content free as well though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

No it wasnt, the DLC was free but you had to buy Undead Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GBX wrote: »
    Wasn't the undead nightmare and dlc content free as well though?

Not Undead Nightmare. All the MP stuff was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The plastic on the GH drums is poor, especially the jacks for the cymbals/pedal. Mine have gone white and falls apart with the slightest touch.

Worth getting the solus for €10 though. CEX give you €20 cash or €26 trade for RB4 with the legacy adapter.

Not as bad as the red pad on my RB drums snapping off after only a few weeks of hitting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I just noticed that they have new stock in Nutgrove of the €50 Xbox Gift card, why will they get more if not activating and also missproced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

nava wrote: »
    I just noticed that they have new stock in Nutgrove of the €50 Xbox Gift card, why will they get more if not activating and also missproced?

This is 100% a personal opinion:

Strikes me as strange how they were marked down and all of a sudden they are unusable. Can't help but think if they were 50 for 50 there would have been no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dunno if it's related but PS vouchers were down since last Monday too, something to do with the program used to activate the barcode on the voucher, possibly done on same system for Xbox?

They were back up and running yesterday in Ilac centre anyway.

Has anyone managed to get one of these half price xbox vouchers? Seems too good to be true.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

maximoose wrote: »
    Dunno if it's related but PS vouchers were down since last Monday too, something to do with the program used to activate the barcode on the voucher, possibly done on same system for Xbox?

They were back up and running yesterday in Ilac centre anyway.

Has anyone managed to get one of these half price xbox vouchers? Seems too good to be true.

I will try now and see how it goes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mine have to be collected today in Galway
    (Now showing as out of stock )
    They will be Xmas presents so I'm a bit reluctant to buy them if there is a good chance they then won't work in a few months time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

km79 wrote: »
    They will be Xmas presents so I'm a bit reluctant to buy them if there is a good chance they then won't work in a few months time

you might be able to check by attempting to redeem them yourself - then click 'cancel' when it asks you if you want to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

you might be able to check by attempting to redeem them yourself - then click 'cancel' when it asks you if you want to proceed.

yes, this will work. unlike bloody steam!

Drove in
    Reservation was cancelled without contact
    Got some spiel about them being uk based codes that won't work
    Didn't bother arguing as it wasn't his fault

I know its not the staffs fault at the stores but arent people covered under the Consumers Rights?
    A product is advertised online and available for reservation, you reserve it, get a Reservation number to confirm it then they cancel it without letting you know. Surely thats a breach or am I taking it wrong?
    I'm not one to normally read up on Consumer Rights and all that but I am going by what I've heard in my time behind a counter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I know its not the staffs fault at the stores but arent people covered under the Consumers Rights?
    A product is advertised online and available for reservation, you reserve it, get a Reservation number to confirm it then they cancel it without letting you know. Surely thats a breach or am I taking it wrong?
    I'm not one to normally read up on Consumer Rights and all that but I am going by what I've heard in my time behind a counter

Nope, its just an invitation to treat. They're under no obligation to sell it to you for that price.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Nope, its just an invitation to treat. They're under no obligation to sell it to you for that price.

They didn't have it to sell to me at any price !
    Told me to go to smyths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Drove in
    Reservation was cancelled without contact
    Got some spiel about them being uk based codes that won't work
    Didn't bother arguing as it wasn't his fault

Me to but i just got a text saying your order is being held until 6pm this evening.i presume there's no point in going back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If this is a pricing cock-up, which I think it is, I'm surprised they haven't changed the prices yet.

If this is a pricing cock-up, which I think it is, I'm surprised they haven't changed the prices yet.

It is the €25 ones are listed as €50 :D

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Me to but i just got a text saying your order is being held until 6pm this evening.i presume there's no point in going back in.

don't waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

brother in law tried for me in Portlaoise, teller and supervisor refused him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

CDkeys still the best place for membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

CDkeys still the best place for membership?

I bought one last week. Electronic first was cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The €50 Xbox vouchers are back in stock in Argos but at the normal price :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

12 months Xbox Live Gold membership - € 34.99 at CDKeys

like them on FB for another 5% off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement