Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Can some one fill me in on buying off the New Zealand market to get COD AW 12 hours early on top of the day zero pre order bonus? I've bought of the us store before but i had to wait 8hrs later to get Destiny. Don't mind paying a bit extra to get the game 20 hours earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

podgemk wrote: »
    Can some one fill me in on buying off the New Zealand market to get COD AW 12 hours early on top of the day zero pre order bonus? I've bought of the us store before but i had to wait 8hrs later to get Destiny. Don't mind paying a bit extra to get the game 20 hours earlier.

I pre-ordered from the Singapore marketplace. Get the game 5pm Sunday the 2nd and it was cheaper than the u.s market. NZ market is expensive enough I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

San Andreas 360 Remake, €3.74, pricing error? - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057315000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Myrddin wrote: »
    San Andreas 360 Remake, €3.74, pricing error? - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057315000

I read somewhere that it is an introductory price that is only valid until tomorrow, haven't been able to verify that though, but the price would be right for a 75% reduction of a €14.99 game.

I read somewhere that it is an introductory price that is only valid until tomorrow, haven't been able to verify that though, but the price would be right for a 75% reduction of a €14.99 game.

I bought it anyway, it cleaned up very well actually.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from the Singapore marketplace. Get the game 5pm Sunday the 2nd and it was cheaper than the u.s market. NZ market is expensive enough I think.

Would you mind filling me in in a pm how exactly you did it ?

podgemk wrote: »
    Would you mind filling me in in a pm how exactly you did it ?

Alternate marketplace thread, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057241681

All bundles to drop to $350 on november 2nd in the us.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2nTZ0WhQM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Where's the best place to buy the xbox 360 for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Where's the best place to buy the xbox 360 for a good price?

They are stil expensive tbh you wil be paying over 200 for a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rottie 11 wrote: »
    They are stil expensive tbh you wil be paying over 200 for a new one

€236 for the new 500gb one with Fifa 15 in Argos is probably the best atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Myrddin wrote:
    San Andreas 360 Remake, €3.74, pricing error? -

1.60 for those with Hungarian credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

The Titanfall season pass for xbox one is €8.25 now for gold members.

okla wrote: »
    The Titanfall season pass for xbox one is €8.25 now for gold members.

€6.12 on Singapore marketplace. Absolute bargain either way, got it yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €6.12 on Singapore marketplace. Absolute bargain either way, got it yesterday :D

What do you get with it?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What do you get with it?

The 3 expansion packs for Titanfall which were €10 or €15 ( i think) each separately. All 3 for €8, bargain! Mainly 9 new maps : http://www.titanfall.com/dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Argos have a good XB1 bundle up with Fifa 15, The Evil Within and Forza Horizon 2 for 410 euro. Gonna finally bite at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

zero19 wrote: »
    Argos have a good XB1 bundle up with Fifa 15, The Evil Within and Forza Horizon 2 for 410 euro. Gonna finally bite at that price!
    So tempted to get it... CEX will give you 78€ cash for EW and FH2, so FIFA heads can get a great deal for about 330€

erkifino wrote: »
    So tempted to get it... CEX will give you 78€ cash for EW and FH2, so FIFA heads can get a great deal for about 330€

Or is you sell all the games to CeX it works out at €297...hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Myrddin wrote: »
    Or is you sell all the games to CeX it works out at €297...hmm...

Think FIFA is a digital download but regardless that's a great deal. Argos really is the best place for buying games and consoles in store right now.

• Advertisement

Think FIFA is a digital download but regardless that's a great deal. Argos really is the best place for buying games and consoles in store right now.

Ah, didn't spot that. Good point. Still a very decent deal though. I'd be a bit put off buying a One form Argos being honest, all the consoles I've heard about with that buzzing noise have come from Argos

Is it likely that retailers will start offering their own bundles, like an Xbox One with GTAV etc?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My console was from Argos and had no issues, mind you the first time I booted it up I had a 2nd hand Kinect from CeX hooked up and the buzzing issue apparently only happens to kinectless consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Fantastic deal. Good games. But feck it I want a good bundle with Kinect!! Don't understand why you can't get the same deal with the Kinect. They'd still be selling Xboxes and even getting extra profit from the Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

wrt40 wrote: »
    Fantastic deal. Good games. But feck it I want a good bundle with Kinect!! Don't understand why you can't get the same deal with the Kinect. They'd still be selling Xboxes and even getting extra profit from the Kinect.

Honestly it's so much cheaper to pick up the Kinect second hand. I got one on Adverts for €35 but having said that, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Honestly it's so much cheaper to pick up the Kinect second hand. I got one on Adverts for €35 but having said that, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it.

Yeah that's a option if I could find one. Looking for one in Dublin if anyone happens to be selling :)

Cex sell them for 28 euro, my second port of call after Argos later. :)

Just checked there, they're only showing as having 1 in Portlaois. I nabbed one in CeX a few months back just incase the price rises when they're available from MS at retail. All I need is an Xbox One now! Might just get the Assassins Creed bundle in Smyths

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

According to the website there's one in the Portlaoise store, I think boardsies cleaned them out at the end of the summer :pac:

• Advertisement

Well balls to that so haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement