Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I could just imagine my partners reaction if I went for nappies and arrived back with a cheap console aswell , could always say the little one will grow into it :D

Yeah best avoid tesco today I think.

always remember, forgiveness comes easier than permission....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Tesco have all xbox live and game credit half price and same with psn and credit.

Ask at information desk. Nation wide.

Games and consoles too but very little left worth buying in those.

All this for €110

Tesco in limerick coonagh, still has some cards left when I was leaving. People didn't realise that the sale applied to credit and membership cards. Only for the lady told me, I wouldn't have either.

20160901_120907_zpswefnl8nx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I doubt the Tesco Express in Talbot St will have anything like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I doubt the Tesco Express in Talbot St will have anything like this

Jervis Shopping Centre might.

I'm too lazy to go that far, though I could get the Luas....damn it Dan!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

DanC90 wrote: »
    Jervis Shopping Centre might.

They don't, just been. Guy there thinks it might be just Tesco extra stores

maximoose wrote: »
    They don't, just been. Guy there thinks it might be just Tesco extra stores

No its all tesco stores. Half the staff dont know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

amadablam wrote: »

I was in Jervis Street, they didn't seem to have any stock on the shelves. Didn't think to ask at the desk for the LIVE cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That stock them I mean. I asked at the info desk, said they've never stocked them.

Can't say I've ever seen them on sale in Tesco outside of the massive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ps and Xbox credit left in finglas, bought 80 and 50. No hardware or live or psplus. Got 3000 Wii pts for 1.50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

No Xbox credit or Xbox Live left in Tallaght or Nutgrove (they did have Xbox behind counter), also none in Rathfarnham but they don't normally sell them.

If anyone manage to get an Xbox live or credit that don't need maybe they could pass it on :) mine expires soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Was gonna head to Tallaght after work, cheers Nava.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

GBX wrote: »
    Was gonna head to Tallaght after work, cheers Nava.

Some of the staff kept the xbox credit or Live as I seen a couple of staff paying for them at the customer service after I was told no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Feckers !!

Gave Tesco a call and the guy said that all stores nationwide are sold out :/

nava wrote: »
    Some of the staff kept the xbox credit or Live as I seen a couple of staff paying for them at the customer service after I was told no.

In fairness when I was getting my windfall of Xbox credit, Live and PSN earlier, I picked up a 360 half price for a friends kid and the staff were buying consoles for themselves also.

Perks of the job and I can imagine that none of us wouldnt do the same if we were given the same opportunity. Many of these staff dont get great hours and if they can make a loved one happy by getting a gift at half price, fair play to them :)

The girl I dealt with pretty much emptied everything onto the counter for me and let me pick what I wanted after giving her advice on credit and console for her brother for Christmas.

Headline

'TESCO staff planning an Xboxtastic Christmas for their familes whilst disgruntled public get PSN'ed off!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

No vouchers for Xbox, PS, or Nintendo in Tesco Merrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Oranmore had credit and MS points up until about an hour ago. A handful 3 month subs too.
    PSN credit & subs.

I picked up the 4200 points for 25€... I hope they still accept them, although the points credit expires after 12 months.

Consoles all gone since about 08:30. No Xboxone games left at all. Fair amount of 360 games but at half price still not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

erkifino wrote: »
    Oranmore had credit and MS points up until about an hour ago. A handful 3 month subs too.
    PSN credit & subs.

I picked up the 4200 points for 25€... I hope they still accept them, although the points credit expires after 12 months.

Consoles all gone since about 08:30. No Xboxone games left at all. Fair amount of 360 games but at half price still not worth it.

You'll be fine with the 4200 point code, it will give you €50 in credit.

For those of you who missed out today.

Spoke to a junior manager this evening when checking another tesco and apparently this sale will be going for eight weeks.

Many stores will be putting out further stock tomorrow as these are high security items in many stores and will only be restocked when the security cage can be accessed by a manager.

Not sure if it's worth its salt but sure ye will probably be doing the weekly food shop and might be in the stores anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Do they have controllers in tesco?

Rorok wrote: »
    Do they have controllers in tesco?

Not as far as I know bud, don't think they do them at all.

Not as far as I know bud, don't think they do them at all.

They do Dual Shocks in the Extras, don't think they do Xbox pads though.

I am sure i saw an Xbox One Controller in Clarehall last time I was there

More Xbox cards being put out in Tesco, cleared out Dundrum of 20 €10 cards as soon as they were brought to customer services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Anyone know if they sell Lego Dimensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

qrx wrote: »
    Anyone know if they sell Lego Dimensions?

They have a lot in the Tesco's I've been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got every card for Xbox live in Tesco Paul st cork..

Askeed the manager if she had more I'm the back and she did so took every one ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Are the cards not on dispay? My local tesco only has a few games on display despite it being one of the bigger tesco stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

dan786 wrote: »
    Are the cards not on dispay? My local tesco only has a few games on display despite it being one of the bigger tesco stores.

Nope none of them where only a 10 euro one I found behind the Wii games and Paul st is a small one so ask ahead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement