Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Nope none of them where only a 10 euro one I found behind the Wii games and Paul st is a small one so ask ahead

So how much did a 10e card cost? Also did you ask at customer service desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

dan786 wrote: »
    So how much did a 10e card cost? Also did you ask at customer service desk?

5 euros as 50% off. I just waited to they where scanned and handed over the money and did not question anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Surely one post stating Tesco may have Xbox bargains would be sufficient.
    It is becoming very tedious to read page after page of posts about ****ing Tesco.
    Genuine Xbox bargains please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

5 euros as 50% off. I just waited to they where scanned and handed over the money and did not question anything

Checked at customer services, none left. So if your selling any let me know ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Surely one post stating Tesco may have Xbox bargains would be sufficient.
    It is becoming very tedious to read page after page of posts about ****ing Tesco.
    Genuine Xbox bargains please.

50% off is about as big a bargain you can get, alerting people on where and how to get it is kinda the idea of the thread?

• Advertisement

50% off is about as big a bargain you can get, alerting people on where and how to get it is kinda the idea of the thread?

I know what you are saying and I dont disagree with the initial Bargain Alert but surely we don't need pages of people banging on about their individual shopping experiences do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I know what you are saying and I dont disagree with the initial Bargain Alert but surely we don't need pages of people banging on about their individual shopping experiences do we?

Ah come on it doesn't really make much of a difference either way.

I've always found the Xbox Forum to be great and one of the friendliest forums on Boards and I think that has a lot to do with everyone discussing everything here :)

Don't let this thread go the same way as the ones in the BA Forum where a few people talk about the Bargain they got and then you have someone come in and complain about it.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah come on it doesn't really make much of a difference either way.

I've always found the Xbox Forum to be great and one of the friendliest forums on Boards and I think that has a lot to do with everyone discussing everything here :)

Don't let this thread go the same way as the ones in the BA Forum where a few people talk about the Bargain they got and then you have someone come in and complain about it.

I'm not complaining about the bargain. And I agree the Xbox forum is spot on.
    But from someone who has crap Internet, when I refresh my followed threads page and see there are new posts in the Xbox bargains thread I get excited 😆 only to be disappointed by the lack of new bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I had no problem with the chat about bargains but opening the thread just to see bickering is annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm not complaining about the bargain. And I agree the Xbox forum is spot on.
    But from someone who has crap Internet, when I refresh my followed threads page and see there are new posts in the Xbox bargains thread I get excited 😆 only to be disappointed by the lack of new bargains.

The extreme highs and lows of internet forums captured :D

You must really hate opening heavily wrapped surprise presents so :eek:

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I had no problem with the chat about bargains but opening the thread just to see bickering is annoying...

Chat about bargains here is fine, heaven forbid this one turned out like the Argos one over in Bargain Alerts, which got completely neutered and forced chat to a separate thread, which was justified in many ways because of the volume of traffic but not to allow any chat is a pain as it then forces you to check 2 threads to see a bargain then check of there are any issues with said bargain or better offers else where.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

While I understand why people are getting annoyed about the amount of Tesco chat in this thread, it's not enough to make me spin off the posts into a separate thread, nor make any attempt to stop people chatting about it.

The fact is that if you can take advantage of this, then this is pretty much the bargain of the year, with people doubling their gaming money with just a trip to the local Tesco, so it's important enough to do updates on where has stock etc.

The other thing that stops me from spinning the posts off is the fact that this will end soon enough. Stock will run out all over the country, or the promotion will end, one or the other, and then this thread will be back to normal.

Now let's get the chat back to bargains everyone, whether it's Tesco related or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

More Xbox cards being put out in Tesco, cleared out Dundrum of 20 €10 cards as soon as they were brought to customer services.

So Dundrum is sold out now? Was just about to rush over there after seeing all the other posts. Glad I spotted yours now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

TheBrinch wrote: »
    So Dundrum is sold out now? Was just about to rush over there after seeing all the other posts. Glad I spotted yours now :D

Indeed as it's quite a trek from Nigeria to Dundrum to get Xbox stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TheBrinch wrote: »

They could have put more out since then. Great selection of games and blurays in Dundrum, all 50% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

If anyone spots Lego dimensions starter pack anywhere in Dublin or surrounding counties please let me know. (if you could stash it somewhere too thatd be great ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

qrx wrote:
    If anyone spots Lego dimensions starter pack anywhere in Dublin or surrounding counties please let me know. (if you could stash it somewhere too thatd be great )

Seen it in the GameStop clearance pile in Charlestown yesterday, not sure of the price but there were decent prices on a few things there.

qrx wrote: »
    If anyone spots Lego dimensions starter pack anywhere in Dublin or surrounding counties please let me know. (if you could stash it somewhere too thatd be great ;))

There was about 8 in Wexford last night. 3 each for PS4 and Xbox one and 2 for WiiU

There was about 8 in Wexford last night. 3 each for PS4 and Xbox one and 2 for WiiU

Were they in the 50% offer do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ALL entertainment items are 50% off.

• Advertisement

I might be down again tomorrow and can see if there are any left for you.

I might be down again tomorrow and can see if there are any left for you.

I'll try some Dublin outlets tomorrow I'm bound to find a copy by the sounds of it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but The Witcher 3 GOTY edition for just €38 delivered: http://www.thegamecollection.net/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-xbox-one.html?tduid=c68325d9150c24e1f6ff383e3341592b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Amazon have some controllers for > 35 not sure if delivery is included and how much are left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Currently at Tesco Clarehall, they have a fair few games at half price even the Lego Dimensions starter pack. The Xbox points are at the Customer information desk, they're only allowed to sell 2 per customer cause they're showing up on adverts.ie, Don't know why it should matter to them but anyway, they had only 1 4200 point left so I sweet talked the girl into selling me that and 3 2100 points :)
    I'm heading to Tesco Cabra now.
    Oh and I asked why they are being sold half price, apparently they are getting rid of all the stock cause they won't be selling consoles anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Tesco Artane have a few 3 month Xbox live subs for €10
    Tesco Cabra don't sell any Xbox stuff apparently

Tesco Artane have a few 3 month Xbox live subs for €10
    Tesco Cabra don't sell any Xbox stuff apparently

Works out cheaper to buy off CD Keys at the minute.

Good spot though.

Currently at Tesco Clarehall, they have a fair few games at half price even the Lego Dimensions starter pack. The Xbox points are at the Customer information desk, they're only allowed to sell 2 per customer cause they're showing up on adverts.ie, Don't know why it should matter to them but anyway, they had only 1 4200 point left so I sweet talked the girl into selling me that and 3 2100 points :)
    I'm heading to Tesco Cabra now.
    Oh and I asked why they are being sold half price, apparently they are getting rid of all the stock cause they won't be selling consoles anymore
    Thanks, picked up lego dimensions 😀

Fyi, they have credit out on the shelves by the games. There was 3x €25 there 20 mins ago (Clarehall).

They had credit on the shelves in my store too but when I brought them to the counter they said they had none left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Asked to check the store room in wilton and they had a good few gift cards. Think they are out of them now though.

Worth asking anywhere that hasn't been mentioned here yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement