Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Cheers man, I'd seen that alright. After the free weekend, I've decided to pick it up and will be getting it from Argos most likely. Just wondering if it was available cheaper still.

Thanks again!

I forgot to play it during the weekend, after downloading it :mad:

But, do check Tesco before you pull the trigger, if they have it reduced, along with other games that they had during the last week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Anyone who's been in a Tesco see a price for Overwatch?

It was €35 in Tesco Wexford last week after the discount was added.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It was €35 in Tesco Wexford last week after the discount was added.
    Cool! Thanks for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Removed a few referral links there, please don't use them, particularly without mentioning the fact that you've put up referral links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I was about to let you know that the HyperX Cloud II headset is only €88 at Komplett, but I remembered they charge €9.95 for delivery, flat rate. The PUP option is no longer available :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny: The Collection has 10% off using the code Guardian on Game Collection until Friday. Brings the price down to £34/~€40.50 plus shipping.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Removed a few referral links there, please don't use them, particularly without mentioning the fact that you've put up referral links.

Hey I shared them as I'd found them and thought they were good value, had shared a link to their web page to save a further 5%, and have used them numerous times before myself and never had an issue with them.

The only difference in me sharing the link with my affiliate link is that I make 5% of the sale and they make 95% of the sale instead of them making 100% of the sale. I don't see an issue with sharing links I've found with good deals if I'm helping people save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If anyone is interested I can invite up to 2 of my uPlay friends to be part of the Closed Alpha for the game For Honour, anyone interested?

If anyone is interested I can invite up to 2 of my uPlay friends to be part of the Closed Alpha for the game For Honour, anyone interested?

Max I'd be interested but not sure if I'll have the time to play. How long is the Alpha Open for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'd like to try it!

I signed up for it the day of E3 but don't think I received any email yet.

• Advertisement

Can both of you send me your Uplay email and I'll send the invite over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I have 3 invites for the alpha too, it's open from 15th to 19th. If anyone wants them send me your uplay name, mine is dor83.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone see Fifa 17 cheap? Gone up a bit on the game collection I think

I've added you to Uplay, you just need to accept and I can send the invites to you

I've added you to Uplay, you just need to accept and I can send the invites to you

Done!

Done.

Awesome, invites have been sent.
    Enjoy

3 here too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone see Fifa 17 cheap? Gone up a bit on the game collection I think

Bought digital copy for 45 on CD keys last week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hey I shared them as I'd found them and thought they were good value, had shared a link to their web page to save a further 5%, and have used them numerous times before myself and never had an issue with them.

The only difference in me sharing the link with my affiliate link is that I make 5% of the sale and they make 95% of the sale instead of them making 100% of the sale. I don't see an issue with sharing links I've found with good deals if I'm helping people save money.

I have no problem with you linking to any website (so long as it's legal), but once you put in a referral links, it crosses the line into spam in my eyes.

Also, everyone here knows CD keys. A cursory glance at this thread (or several others) would tell you that.

If you wish to discuss this more, then please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone waiting for Fifa 17 would they not wait and see if Supervalve will get them again like they have the past 2 years ?.

As been 50 euros there for the past two years and hears hoping they do it again :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

3 here too

If you still have an invite i wouldn't mind trying it......

ibFoxer wrote: »
    If you still have an invite i wouldn't mind trying it......

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

No problem.

I can only assume the invite i got was from you? Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

It's very easy.
    You login to your profile on their Xbox and set it as your home console, they login to their profile on your console and set it as their home console then you each just login to your own profile on your console and play as normal.

Any Digital game you buy, the other console gets it too and vice versa.
    I believe you also share Xbox live subscription

thanks - never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

When I tried game sharing with my mate we weren't able to party up together and every time either of us logged in it would say the other has logged in too etc. Anyone else have these problems? It turned into a huge mess so we both stopped it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

When I tried game sharing with my mate we weren't able to party up together and every time either of us logged in it would say the other has logged in too etc. Anyone else have these problems? It turned into a huge mess so we both stopped it

Seems like you're both trying to log in with the same account.

When you both login to each others Xbox and set them as your home consoles. You should then completely remove your account from each console to avoid any problems like this.

The game sharing will still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    When you both login to each others Xbox and set them as your home consoles. You should then completely remove your account from each console to avoid any problems like this.

The game sharing will still work.

That sounds like it might work alright. I'll ask him to try again. Just hope we can still party up though as we play together a few times a week. Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

That sounds like it might work alright. I'll ask him to try again. Just hope we can still party up though as we play together a few times a week. Thanks for the help

Make sure the profiles not being used are signed out if not removed. No problems with party as i share with my own brother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement