Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Weekend deal - Halo 5 Guardians Digital Deluxe Edition Xbox One - Digital Code - € 22.79 at CDKeys

5% less if you like them on Facebook

Fyi, its currently cheaper than the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Titanfall?

Fancy giving it a go as I never played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Titanfall?

Fancy giving it a go as I never played it.

Ea access?

Ea access?

Yup €25 for the year will get you every EA game released for the One, inc backwards compatible 360 games pre 2016 except Star Wars Battlefront, also includes this years Unravel and PvZ:GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Yup €25 for the year will get you every EA game released for the One, inc backwards compatible 360 games pre 2016 except Star Wars Battlefront, also includes this years Unravel and PvZ:GW2

Let's not forget you also get 10% of all EA games purchased, and 10 hours of free play with any*** new game.

Note*** definition of "any" may change, if EA decides to keep a game out of the 10 hours free play, like they did with Titanfall 2.

Finally, if you only want to play Titanfall and don't care about this, cdkeys has is under 10 euro.

• Advertisement

It's good value but I wouldn't play many of the games.

Its a shame Microsoft won't let you use your Xbox live credit to purchase a prepaid subscription to EA.

amadablam wrote: »
    It's good value but I wouldn't play many of the games.

Its a shame Microsoft won't let you use your Xbox live credit to purchase a prepaid subscription to EA.

Yeah, its the same for buying xbl subs from MS. Don't know why the prepaid sub cards aren't available here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

maximoose wrote: »

Ms. 'Splosion Man add-on also free!

Ms Spolsion man is not free for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I think it is only a Ms Splosion man "add on stage", not the full game.

Yeah, its the same for buying xbl subs from MS. Don't know why the prepaid sub cards aren't available here either.

After much, read very little, deliberation. I took a years subscription on it. Sure it is good enough value even for the 3-4 games that I will play. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

according to pricescanner, decent selection of console games are on sale in smyths - eg Fallout 4 for 24.99.

% discount varies depending on the game and platform....not sure if this is online only

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I think its regular Spolsion man that is free

Halo MCC down to 5.99 on CDkeys.

ablelocks wrote: »
    according to pricescanner, decent selection of console games are on sale in smyths - eg Fallout 4 for 24.99.

% discount varies depending on the game and platform....not sure if this is online only

Fallout is that price in store.

Sorry if not allowed to be asked. If I buy an American Xbox live voucher will this allow me to buy games from the American store if I change region?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sorry if not allowed to be asked. If I buy an American Xbox live voucher will this allow me to buy games from the American store if I change region?

Yes.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yes.

Cheers Misky. Do I need to change my address to a US address or will just changing regions be OK because the voucher will be in dollars?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cheers Misky. Do I need to change my address to a US address or will just changing regions be OK because the voucher will be in dollars?

And that's where the line is :)

Talk of regions and bargains on other regions is fine, but talk of false addresses isn't allowed, sorry.

CatInABox wrote: »
    And that's where the line is :)

Talk of regions and bargains on other regions is fine, but talk of false addresses isn't allowed, sorry.

So close :D for what it's worth the bargain I'm looking at is Shadow of Mordor: GOTY for 10 dollars on the US store :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

So close :D for what it's worth the bargain I'm looking at is Shadow of Mordor: GOTY for 10 dollars on the US store :P

Picked that up the other day great deal haven't played the game yet so looking forward to that

• Advertisement

Not an unbelievable bargain but a lot of pre order games like FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3 are £37 on Amazon at the moment (around E43). If you don't mind waiting a few days after release for the game, these are pretty good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Not an unbelievable bargain but a lot of pre order games like FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3 are £37 on Amazon at the moment (around E43). If you don't mind waiting a few days after release for the game, these are pretty good prices.

Thats still pretty damn good!

Pay day on Friday, FIFA 17 will be ordered.

Shocking that Amazon are price matching, Smyths in this case. Haven't seen them do this in a while.

Undercutting Smyths. Its 60 quid to pre-order FIFA there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Faker74 wrote: »
    Undercutting Smyths. Its 60 quid to pre-order FIFA there.

Smyths up north are £37 or something like that.

Mafia 3 gone down to £35. Arrgghh not sure if I should risk it. Loved the 2nd one but would like to see some reviews before buying.

Do Amazon charge you straight away or when the game is despatched?

Feck it pre ordered FH 3, Mafia 3 and Gears 4. I'll cancel Mafia and Gears closer to the date if I get cold feet :P £35 each for both of them is a great price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

you can get the 500gb xbox one s with fifa 17 for £224 on amazon now, price matching tesco. Also there are a few gift voucher bonus offers aswell, top up your amazon account by £60 get £3 free and buy £30 gift card get £7 free found these on HUKD, also they are offering prime for one month free again even if you had a previous trail. So all in all I got the Xbox one s with fifa 17 delivered to parcel motel for £214 with release day delivery (i'll get it Friday due to parcel motel) , my calculation that works out at €252 including parcel motel charge. So I sold launch xbox one for €180 and I was going to buy fifa anyway so that would have been another €50 so basically for €22 I got myself an upgraded xbox with 4k bluray player, new controller and new 12 month warranty.. It was a bit messy but think that is a solid deal

Do Amazon charge you straight away or when the game is despatched?

They do a one pound charge against your card straight away (just got notified of this by my Revolut app). Then the rest when it dispatches.

Worth keeping in mind the dispatch date will likely be just before the release date, in case you need to top up a prepaid card like a Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Feck it pre ordered FH 3, Mafia 3 and Gears 4. I'll cancel Mafia and Gears closer to the date if I get cold feet :P £35 each for both of them is a great price though.

Hey cactus!

What's FH 3? I feel like I should know this, but drawing a complete blank :D

£35 is a great price for Mafia 3, probably gonna pre-order at that price! I better finish my Mafia II playthrough by then! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement