Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

:rolleyes: Forza Horizon 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks Max, never saw it stylised like that before I guess :P

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey cactus!

What's FH 3? I feel like I should know this, but drawing a complete blank :D

£35 is a great price for Mafia 3, probably gonna pre-order at that price! I better finish my Mafia II playthrough by then! :)

Forza Horizon 3 mate. Definitely won't be cancelling that pre order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Forza Horizon 3 mate. Definitely won't be cancelling that pre order :D

One week to go before the game is released. Hopefully I will be playing it this day week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    One week to go before the game is released. Hopefully I will be playing it this day week.

I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition right after E3. Will be downloading it Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

you can get the 500gb xbox one s with fifa 17 for £224 on amazon now, price matching tesco. Also there are a few gift voucher bonus offers aswell, top up your amazon account by £60 get £3 free and buy £30 gift card get £7 free found these on HUKD, also they are offering prime for one month free again even if you had a previous trail. So all in all I got the Xbox one s with fifa 17 delivered to parcel motel for £214 with release day delivery (i'll get it Friday due to parcel motel) , my calculation that works out at €252 including parcel motel charge. So I sold launch xbox one for €180 and I was going to buy fifa anyway so that would have been another €50 so basically for €22 I got myself an upgraded xbox with 4k bluray player, new controller and new 12 month warranty.. It was a bit messy but think that is a solid deal

If you also have an NUS card you can get another 5 percent off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JoyPad wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition right after E3. Will be downloading it Friday!

You lucky thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Hello,

Titanfall is 9.79 on cdkeys, but my son is currently playing it free via EA access and we don't plan to renew EA access once it expires.

I'm not sure what happens if I buy this key and tell the XBOX to download it now.

I don't even see a paid Titanfall version on Xbox store anymore. The only option is "free with EA access". So it looks like this key is for a discontinued paid option.

Does anybody know if it makes sense to buy it and if my son can keep his progress after EA access expires and this key "takes over"?

Thank you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

Titanfall is 9.79 on cdkeys, but my son is currently playing it free via EA access and we don't plan to renew EA access once it expires.

I'm not sure what happens if I buy this key and tell the XBOX to download it now.

I don't even see a paid Titanfall version on Xbox store anymore. The only option is "free with EA access". So it looks like this key is for a discontinued paid option.

Does anybody know if it makes sense to buy it and if my son can keep his progress after EA access expires and this key "takes over"?

Thank you.

Once you use the key you should be able to play as normal as if you still had EA access, no need to download the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

I'd imagine the reason it shows like this in the store is because it can see an active ea access subscription tied to your account.

Once the subscription runs out, you would see the price to purchase the game on its own then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tesco Direct - Xbox One S 500GB Fifa 17/Overwatch/Forza Horizon 3 for £239/€280

Use discount code TDX-HTNK

That is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

maximoose wrote: »

That is a steal.

I watched a video earlier in the week where they reviewed the Xbox one s. I've watched a load this week in fairness. They said after all the updates were done it used nearly 400gbs of memory. That can't be right, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tilikum wrote: »
    I watched a video earlier in the week where they reviewed the Xbox one s. I've watched a load this week in fairness. They said after all the updates were done it used nearly 400gbs of memory. That can't be right, can it?

It used 400GB or it had 400GB out of the 500 free after updates?

After I did all the updates for my 2TB model I had 1.6TB left. Surely if you buy the 500GB model though you wouldn't be left with only 100GB?

After I did all the updates for my 2TB model I had 1.6TB left. Surely if you buy the 500GB model though you wouldn't be left with only 100GB?

A 2TB HDD will only have about 1862GB of usable space too. The XB1S will be the same as the standard XB1 and probably have like 340GB +/- of usable space after the O.S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

That seems like an insane amount. Basically only room for 2/3 games. Surely that can't be right.

Raoul wrote: »
    That seems like an insane amount. Basically only room for 2/3 games. Surely that can't be right.

It'd be more like 6-7 massive AAA games but most come in around 20-30gb though. Still you wouldn't have a 500gb One long before you would buy an external hdd, which are pretty reasonably priced these days.

That is a steal.

Can't add Forza Horizon 3 to checkot because it's not released until 27th but the £25 code expires on the 25th. Or is it just they've already sold their stock of Horizon before it's released :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah it looks like they have sold out of FH3, when you go to it's own page it says:

Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.

Yeah it looks like they have sold out of FH3, when you go to it's own page it says:

Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.

I was tempted too. Oh well :)

Might still get the standard 500GB with FIFA 17. Wonder how much I could pawn off the FIFA code for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I ordered one for €278 using Revolut. Will sell on the Fifa code and Overwatch so should make back about €80/85 of the cost.

Now should I sell my original One or keep it downstairs :confused:

Oh mine isn't shipping until next Friday as FH3 isn't released until then.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I ordered one for €278 using Revolut. Will sell on the Fifa code and Overwatch so should make back about €80/85 of the cost.

Oh mine isn't shipping until next Friday as FH3 isn't released until then.

Forza is out on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A 2TB HDD will only have about 1862GB of usable space too. The XB1S will be the same as the standard XB1 and probably have like 340GB +/- of usable space after the O.S

The Xbox One OS currently clocks in at 4.1GB, but Microsoft may reserve more than that for various reasons. Even so, it's still not a "large" amount even on a 500GB box.

The main difference in sizes comes down to hard drive makers seeing 1000 bytes as 1 Megabyte, 1000 Megabytes as 1 Gigabyte, 1000 Gigabytes as 1 Terabyte, etc, while Microsoft works off 1024 bytes as 1 Megabyte, 1024 Megabytes as 1 Gigabyte, etc.

Therefore, Microsoft advertises a 2TB Xbox One S, you turn it on and see 1.85TB. It's so unnecessarily confusing for the average consumer. They should just fake it like Apple does and report 1TB as 1TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I got the 500gb version today and there's 362.8gb free after updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Its not right, i'm looking at a 1tb one s now with 100gb of games on it and its got 675gb free.

edit: just uninstalled all games, 773.3 GB free, which equals 0.9% used according to the available space. I left a few apps on, maybe 1gb total.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Keep it downstairs obviously!

Forza is out on Tuesday.

Your right. I just checked my order again and it's saying delivery between 26th and 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Amazon.co.uk say they will deliver it to ireland so no need for PM but Tesco is the better deal... Can you use PM with Tesco Direct? Do they take irish cc?

Scruff wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk say they will deliver it to ireland so no need for PM but Tesco is the better deal... Can you use PM with Tesco Direct? Do they take irish cc?

Yup they deliver to PM. Use Nightlines telephone number (02890848411) when setting up your account.

I used Revolut to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Yup they deliver to PM. Use Nightlines telephone number (02890848411) when setting up your account.

I used Revolut to pay.

anywhere in particular to put the PMID? heard they can be finiky about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement