Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Why do you keep games installed on hard drive?

Instead of installing as and when u want

Do people switch through a lot of games or is it download limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Scruff wrote: »
    anywhere in particular to put the PMID? heard they can be finiky about it

I filled it in beside my name.

Edit: Order has just been cancelled :(

I was posting on this thread the other day that I pre ordered Forza and FIFA through Amazon.

Forza is out on Tuesday so will be posted on the Monday so I should definitely have it by the end of the week.

Just wondering about FIFA. That's out on the Thursday so will be posted on the Wednesday. Any chance of getting it on the Friday?

Not using parcel motel, just straight delivery to Ireland.

Why do you keep games installed on hard drive?

Instead of installing as and when u want

Do people switch through a lot of games or is it download limits?

Time needed to reinstall is one thing though it's not that bad, what can be an issue is the size of some of the patches for games often can be 10gb + so on a slow connection or with a data limit that can be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was posting on this thread the other day that I pre ordered Forza and FIFA through Amazon.

Forza is out on Tuesday so will be posted on the Monday so I should definitely have it by the end of the week.

Just wondering about FIFA. That's out on the Thursday so will be posted on the Wednesday. Any chance of getting it on the Friday?

Not using parcel motel, just straight delivery to Ireland.

If it ships on Wednesday it should arrive on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If it ships on Wednesday it should arrive on Friday.

Royal Mail standard delivery to Ireland normally arrives to you within 2 working days? :confused:

Always been 3-5 working days for me.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Royal Mail standard delivery to Ireland normally arrives to you within 2 working days? :confused:

This is my first time doing a pre order with Amazon but usually if I order something on a Monday and pick the free delivery option it's despatched on the Wednesday and I'd say 8/10 it will arrive on the Friday.

I'd say 8/10 it will arrive on the Friday.

That's pretty impressive. Let's hope you get it on the Friday eh

That's pretty impressive. Let's hope you get it on the Friday eh

I'll let ya's know :D

Amazon stuff is usually shipped via An Post tracked mail. E.g Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness shipped on Sunday for me, arrived on Tuesday. This is using the super saver option.

• Advertisement

Amazon stuff is usually shipped via An Post tracked mail. E.g Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness shipped on Sunday for me, arrived on Tuesday. This is using the super saver option.

Ohhhh is it safe to order off amazon again now? Have they stopped using Asendia for delivery?

Ohhhh is it safe to order off amazon again now? Have they stopped using Asendia for delivery?

Haven't had anything sent via asendia since spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I was tempted too. Oh well :)

Might still get the standard 500GB with FIFA 17. Wonder how much I could pawn off the FIFA code for :D

You know you will :pac:. I caved :o

Haven't had anything sent via asendia since spring.

Got refunded 3 times because of them and twice the game showed up after the fact. Like 6 weeks after a refund which allowing 2 weeks 10 working day amazon policy for refund is 2 months it's not surprising they ain't using them still thank fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Have it added to my cart now but toying with the idea of how much will I end up spending while I'm on hols here in Orlando and then coming home to herself picking up the console from the PM locker.... Better sweeten her up with some presents here so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Have it added to my cart now but toying with the idea of how much will I end up spending while I'm on hols here in Orlando and then coming home to herself picking up the console from the PM locker.... Better sweeten her up with some presents here so :D

Holidays round here don't usually involve planes. Posh git :)

Got refunded 3 times because of them and twice the game showed up after the fact. Like 6 weeks after a refund which allowing 2 weeks 10 working day amazon policy for refund is 2 months it's not surprising they ain't using them still thank fook.

Reading on the online buying forum on here that a lot of people are still having their orders from Amazon sent by Ascendia.

Think I'll cancel my FIFA and Forza order and just get them in Argos or Smyths.

Seems to be at least a week wait for goods to arrive with them and that's if they arrive at all.

Holidays round here don't usually involve planes. Posh git :)

Reading on the online buying forum on here that a lot of people are still having their orders from Amazon sent by Ascendia.

Think I'll cancel my FIFA and Forza order and just get them in Argos or Smyths.

Seems to be at least a week wait for goods to arrive with them and that's if they arrive at all.

Oh if Asendia are still in the picture I won't deal with amazon , fact is I got 2 free games out of 3 on my last orders because of them but I'm not looking to roll the dice when I order on line as to when I'll receive goods, 2-5 day window is acceptable but to deliver something 6 weeks after I've had a refund, more than once? where the f where they hiding my goods :D

You'd think it was a case of ordering from the US or China and skimping on the shipping and your stuff going into a container waiting to be filled so it can be shut and put on a boat to Europe to be broken down by destination when it gets there.

Would have today but it's out of stock now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Bought the Amazon offer that Lord Spence was talking about after I had a deal in place to sell my xbox. Guy didn't meet me after me driving out to meet him and now I am struggling to sell it. Where is the best place to sell it in a store if it came to that? Anyone got any help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

CEX will probably give you the best offer, otherwise Adverts.ie
    I think CEX give about €140ish for a 500GB with no Kinect
    You can use the search on https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&catid=994 to see

Raoul wrote: »
    Bought the Amazon offer that Lord Spence was talking about after I had a deal in place to sell my xbox. Guy didn't meet me after me driving out to meet him and now I am struggling to sell it. Where is the best place to sell it in a store if it came to that? Anyone got any help please.

CEX I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hope you left him bad feedback.

Cheers lads, that is what I was looking at myself. Was hoping to get about another 40 though on adverts.ie/donedeal. Will keep it up for a while longer anyway and if I can't get rid of it then I will give it to CEX. My "upgrade" got a lot more expensive though cos of some timewaster. Had other offers after his and I turned them down but they got sorted since :(.

On donedeal you can't seem to leave feedback. I did report him though.

CeX give €134 cash with the box, €132 without the box for a standard 500GB without kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Sending you a PM.

CeX give €134 cash with the box, €132 without the box for a standard 500GB without kinect.

That is the reason I kept the box. I knew that it would be worth it for that €2. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I always keep the boxes, I still have the box for the N64, Gamecube, 360, One lol!
    Never know when you might need them

• Advertisement

I always keep the boxes, I still have the box for the N64, Gamecube, 360, One lol!

61569909.jpg
    Hoarders...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement