Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

zero19 wrote: »
    Well balls to that so haha

You can order via the site & they'll post it to you for an extra €5 I think, still a very good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Mickeroo wrote: »
    According to the website there's one in the Portlaoise store, I think boardsies cleaned them out at the end of the summer :pac:

Where do you see which shop stocks them? All I see is out of stock:

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&catid=993

Has been for weeks, I've been checking in every now and again.

If you search for Kinect 2, there's a column on the right about half way down that says "Available Here:" & it lists where the item is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Myrddin wrote: »
    If you search for Kinect 2, there's a column on the right about half way down that says "Available Here:" & it lists where the item is.

Ah ok. So it's out of stock online only. Even after you select the store it still says out of stock. That's a bit confusing. There's me checking in online while they could have been on sale down the road.

Doubt they'll get anymore in. You'd have to wonder why anyone would bother selling one to them for €6!

wrt40 wrote: »
    Ah ok. So it's out of stock online only. Even after you select the store it still says out of stock. That's a bit confusing. There's me checking in online while they could have been on sale down the road.

Doubt they'll get anymore in. You'd have to wonder why anyone would bother selling one to them for €6!

Normally the online stock IS the physical stock spread out across the chain of stores. Not sure what is going on there re the Kinect 2, confusing alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Phone CEX before you make the journey down to them. Got caught out twice where they said the had the one left in Stillorgan reserved for someone else while I then went to Abbey Street only to be told it was an error on their site and they had none in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The 3 expansion packs for Titanfall which were €10 or €15 ( i think) each separately. All 3 for €8, bargain! Mainly 9 new maps : http://www.titanfall.com/dlc

Cheers wil buy that this evening anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

I ordered from cex when everyone was talking about it two months ago. I was soooo sorry I did. They sent me one out which was Literally covered in white paint. I sent it back for a replacement and they tried to say they never recieved it. Then said they sent another. Then changed their minds and decided it was never sent after countless emails and eventually refunded me. This all took 2 months to resolve as you can only email and they don't have a clue. In the meantime the price has gone way up on ebay and I have to pay double. Stay well away from cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FunkyExige wrote: »
    I ordered from cex when everyone was talking about it two months ago. I was soooo sorry I did. They sent me one out which was Literally covered in white paint. I sent it back for a replacement and they tried to say they never recieved it. Then said they sent another. Then changed their minds and decided it was never sent after countless emails and eventually refunded me. This all took 2 months to resolve as you can only email and they don't have a clue. In the meantime the price has gone way up on ebay and I have to pay double. Stay well away from cex.

They have untrained monkeys working in most of them. I'd imagine it's the same for the online ordering alright. :P

I find the staff in the Stillorgan store very helpful, & friendly. Conversely, I don't find the staff in the Tallaght store all that pleasant to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Id say pick one up while you can. anyone who didnt want it has likely gotten rid of it, and I'd say the majority of console sold from here on out are probably going to be kinectless versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

How much is the Kinect2 in CEX down south? £52 up norf here

Liamalone wrote: »

It was 28euro last time i checked but i think they are out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Id say pick one up while you can. anyone who didnt want it has likely gotten rid of it, and I'd say the majority of console sold from here on out are probably going to be kinectless versions.

Yeah, I can see CEX easily marking them up to €100 as time goes on. I can imagine them being pretty hard to find (new or used) later on this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Liamalone wrote: »

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1OFFKIN2#.VFKJWnaCSt8

One left in stock online.

Is there any way of checking stock in the cex store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Yeah, I can see CEX easily marking them up to €100 as time goes on. I can imagine them being pretty hard to find (new or used) later on this generation.

I think as time goes on you're less likely to find them used, I'd say that most that have been traded in where bought when there was no option for a kinectless version so people who didn't want it were forced to buy it. Now if you don't want it you'll just get a console without it. For this reason though, I think that there won't be a long term problem with buying them new, think they are already out on American Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So im looking to get the plug and play charger pack for the controller so I dont have to use batteries.

Looking in Gamestop/HMV all I could find were third party ones.

Anyone use these before? Woukd prefer the official one but not sure on the cheapest place.

joe123 wrote: »
    So im looking to get the plug and play charger pack for the controller so I dont have to use batteries.

Anyone use these before? Woukd prefer the official one but not sure on the cheapest place.

Im using orb ones, they do the job grand

They last 4 or 5 hours but they fully charge in about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have two third party play and charge kits for my 360, they're grand but the battery life on both has gone quite short compared to when I bought them about 2 years ago.

I'm using one of these with my One. Great battery life, quick recharge and always have 2 spare ready to go if my batts run out. About €24 quid there but you'd need to use Parcel Motel. I picked mine up in woodies for ~€20 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I bought the bog standard energiser charger with 4 batteries in Tesco for a tenner, two batteries in use, two charging/charged, sweet as.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I initially bought some of the cheap ones from ebay these were OK but the battery did not last long at all.

We then replaced with the Venom recharge kit that includes a dock, these batteries last much longer after a charge plus when not in use you just drop the controllers on the dock and it recharges the batteries so they are always topped up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Xbox-Twin-Charging-Cradle/dp/B00G4UCNI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414756968&sr=8-1&keywords=venom+xbox+one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

joe123 wrote: »

Have to say the official one lasts ages. I think Littlewoods are doing it fairly cheap at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

For tyhe Xbox one, do you really need the internet hooked up to get the most out of it.
    I found with the 360 some games did need it, but just never got around to installing broadband in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

allibastor wrote: »
    For tyhe Xbox one, do you really need the internet hooked up to get the most out of it.
    I found with the 360 some games did need it, but just never got around to installing broadband in the house

No. Off the top of my head games like Destiny and Titanfall require an internet connection but the others are grand offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

allibastor wrote: »

Being an internet junkie I would have to say yes! Broadband being so cheap these days, get it, connect your Xbox to it. You won't turn back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

I went to buy my Xbox One today and i got the bundle with Forza horizon 2 and The Evil Within but Forza was out of stock and wont be back in stores till the end of November so they gave me the Xbox and The Evil Within and they are allowing me to come back on Monday to pick up Advanced Warfare for a tenner instead of Forza but i had spent over 100 euro so i got a ten euro voucher anyway.
    So I got the Xbox One,Fifa 15,The Evil Within and Advanced Warfare for 410.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I might go in and ask will they substitute forza for something, cos if they will I'l take sunset overdrive or call of duty or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Metro: Redux for €29.99 from Smyths over the weekend. Two great games at a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

What the hell is the lack of a MCC bundle about?

Why oh why aren't they releasing this here?

The current bundles are pretty poor. No interest in Fifa, Forza or the Evil Within. Don't like the white X1 with Sunset Overload either.

xbox-one.jpg?w=720

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement