Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dan786 wrote: »
    Was cheaper 2 days ago at 224.99 Sterling. More than likely will drop again.

£199 a few days ago for the FIFA bundle.

Tesco & Amazon were having a price war, great for us consumers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was cheaper 2 days ago at 224.99 Sterling. More than likely will drop again.

Tesco had it at that price an hour ago, was really considering it and it's gone back to £249 now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I have one being delivered to me tomorrow from Amazon, was 199 Sterling :D with voucher code but standard price was 224 without voucher so seems like they upped that to 249 now.

The prices and bundles are only going to get better over the next few weeks with number of major titles coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have one being delivered to me tomorrow from Amazon, was 199 Sterling :D with voucher code but standard price was 224 without voucher so seems like they upped that to 249 now.

The prices and bundles are only going to get better over the next few weeks with number of major titles coming out.

Cheers for sharing the voucher code :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mine arrived last night from this deal :) Fifa downloading now ready for after work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Raoul wrote: »

I shared the voucher code on here on Sunday. Misky also shared it on the bargain alerts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It was posted/mentioned about 6 times at least. There was even a separate thread created for the Tesco Deal where the Amazon one price matched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Haha I got the code from here myself. So its your fault for not looking :P

Haha I got the code from here myself. So its your fault for not looking :P

I wasn't actually angry. I had already ordered by that stage :mad::mad: (angry now).

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I know Smyths take games as trade in, but does anyone know if they do console trade ins?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Faker74 wrote: »
    I know Smyths take games as trade in, but does anyone know if they do console trade ins?

I doubt it cos they dont sell secondhand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just got a mail of amazon there to say that they have topped up my gift card account by £25 because I missed out on the xbox one s promotion, I bought when it was £224 so just missed out on the code, when I realized I contacted amazon and asked for them to match the price difference :D gotta love amazon customer service

Just got a mail of amazon there to say that they have topped up my gift card account by £25 because I missed out on the xbox one s promotion, I bought when it was £224 so just missed out on the code, when I realized I contacted amazon and asked for them to match the price difference :D gotta love amazon customer service

Copy and paste here exactly what you said please haha.

I contacted them while the promotion was still running, just the usual, I noticed the xbox I only bought yesterday has dropped in price via a promo code and can you match the price difference. At first they said no and then I asked why not as they have always matched the price difference for me in the past once its within 30 days I think. He refused a few times, so I asked for a supervisor, he ask me to hold for about 10mins and then came back and said no problem we will refund me via a £25 gift card credit.

"ya I do apologise for this *** but it is not possible and they are not able to either . I can understand but neither me or my supervisor can add the £25 credit to your account as the order wasn't placed during the qualifying period."

Feck them anyway!!!

yeah I would imagine I only got it because the promo was still running when I contacted them

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I contacted them while the promotion was still running, just the usual, I noticed the xbox I only bought yesterday has dropped in price via a promo code and can you match the price difference. At first they said no and then I asked why not as they have always matched the price difference for me in the past once its within 30 days I think. He refused a few times, so I asked for a supervisor, he ask me to hold for about 10mins and then came back and said no problem we will refund me via a £25 gift card credit.

That is very good service.

I like to buy from a bricks and mortar store when I can, but when online service is cheaper AND treats the customer better it is bloody hard to go elsewhere.

Also you know taxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I absolutely love Amazon. It's my favourite online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I absolutely love Amazon. It's my favourite online store.

Questionable working conditions on the factory floor though. . .

. . . .has not once ever stopped me from making a purchase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Faker74 wrote: »
    That is very good service.

I like to buy from a bricks and mortar store when I can, but when online service is cheaper AND treats the customer better it is bloody hard to go elsewhere.

Also you know taxes...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8F1yq00i9gMSLyNtaXxdSJn14n96l79l2v7pa04eGB2fqdJV6

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Got my one s today...very snappy and fast have to say...bit noisy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hard drive almost full on the one.

Anyone recommend an external HDD to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I've used Seagate mainly. Can be reduced in Argos fairly often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Any hard drive that's usb3 and above 256GB will work, but I think a lot of people have gone for something like this one here.

I'd recommend a portable one, as it's got a couple of extra benefits. One is that it's obviously easier to unhook and bring to a mates house, and the other is the it doesn't need it's own power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have the 2TB Seagate 3.0 and it works flawlessly. Picked it up for around €75 earlier this year. You would probably get it cheaper on Amazon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks for the suggestions guys,not needing a power supply is something I forgot to factor so will probably go that route.

+1 on the seagate ones, I've one on my Xbox and 2 more connected to my TV boxes one of which does a lot of read/write for DVR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

+1 on the seagate ones, I've one on my Xbox and 2 more connected to my TV boxes one of which does a lot of read/write for DVR

Same, have a 4TB Seagate attached to my Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Samsung m3s also good. Pretty much any big supplier is fine. Some of the more obscure ones won't work or will cause issues.

• Advertisement

My sources tell me tesco will be clearing games again on thursday. Probably little left after last time though everything is going to be €10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement