Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was all set to order when I got this Revolut message...

"Oh, by the way, we cant do the top up because you have hit the yearly €1,000 limit and now you need to verify your identity"

Sigh, I wonder how long that will take.

Takes about 5 minutes. You have to upload a picture of your driver's licence or passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Takes about 5 minutes. You have to upload a picture of your driver's licence or passport.
    lol, got over that hurdle now the app won't let me switch to a UK address.

Edit: Xbox One S ordered. I just had to leave my regular address on the Revolut card. It wouldn't let me change to a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Gears of War 4 is €52 in Argos. Nearly €20 cheaper than Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Colham wrote: »

Fyi if you want the season pass, just get the Ultimate Edition digitally cdkeys are selling it for €86. The season pass is an eye watering €50, complete rip off for whats on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Fyi if you want the season pass, just get the Ultimate Edition digitally cdkeys are selling it for €86. The season pass is an eye watering €50, complete rip off for whats on offer.

What's in the season pass?

Edit: Never mind, just read what's in it. Doesn't seem worth the extra €34.

• Advertisement

What's in the season pass?

Edit: Never mind, just read what's in it. Doesn't seem worth the extra €34.

Yeah, it contains some skins, 17 req packs, ownership of the maps so they can be played privately out of rotation and access to a development match list.

Absolute waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah, it contains some skins, 17 req packs, ownership of the maps so they can be played privately out of rotation and access to a development match list.

Absolute waste of money.

Depends tbh,

horde mode for me is where the long term life of Gears is, and I'm happy to have access to the widest variety of maps to play on. Some of the best horde maps in 3 were the DLC ones.

Depends tbh,

horde mode for me is where the long term life of Gears is, and I'm happy to have access to the widest variety of maps to play on. Some of the best horde maps in 3 were the DLC ones.

All the maps are free in Gears 4. The season pass allows you to access maps for private matches when out of rotation.

You are probably going to be better off buying the maps you actually want to play horde on repeatedly than the full season pass, wont know that until the individual map prices are revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

Wife just picked up a copy of it for me :D first disc copy of a game I have bought in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

haha love this by Argos, would have been some stand for 77 euro :-)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5709894/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE+S.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

fataleight wrote: »
    Wife just picked up a copy of it for me :D first disc copy of a game I have bought in a long time.

Picked up a copy in Argos myself.

haha love this by Argos, would have been some stand for 77 euro :-)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5709894/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE+S.htm

€18 seems reasonable though. Might pick one up at that price.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    €18 seems reasonable though. Might pick one up at that price.

Got one the other day. Well built and sturdy. Definitely more so than my PS4 stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I don't need it...

Tesco Tramore have a few 2100 and 1800 points for €10 .

The 2100 are woth €23+ and the 1800 €20+ .

I am amazed that they are there all week and no one has picked them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Any left?

I don't need it...

I'd take two 2100 if you wouldn't mind picking them up for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xbox 1 S 500GB + Fifa17 is €263 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I don't need it...

Do you accept Pay Pal? :D

Xbox One S 1TB + GOW 4 is now €349.99 in Argos. That's a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Xbox One S 1TB + GOW 4 is now €349.99 in Argos. That's a great price.

Add Fozra Horizon 3 to it for €369.99 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone thinking of upgrading the hard drive to 2tb Argos have this reduced to €79.99

Not bad for a drive you can pick up in store today.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of upgrading the hard drive to 2tb Argos have this reduced to €79.99

Not bad for a drive you can pick up in store today.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

Incidentally if you also own a PS4 this is one of the 2.5inch drives that will fit in it (they need to be under 9.5mm tall), I upgraded my PS4 with this model, dropping the old 500GB drive into this enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Incidentally if you also own a PS4 this is one of the 2.5inch drives that will fit in it (they need to be under 9.5mm tall), I upgraded my PS4 with this model, dropping the old 500GB drive into this enclosure.

That's exactly what I bought it for myself as have one on the Xbone and it does the job.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Forza 6 for 25.99 on CD Keys.
    Seems like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm only buying my first xbox in next day or two. I get that FH3 is newer but is there a huge difference between F6 and FH3 realistically?

breeno wrote: »
    I'm only buying my first xbox in next day or two. I get that FH3 is newer but is there a huge difference between F6 and FH3 realistically?

Forza 6 is on actual racetracks and is more towards the sim end of racing - think Gran Turismo.

The horizon games are more laid back with a more arcade feel and sense of humor. - not quite burnout paradise, but getting there.

I'd take the horizon games any day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Are the Horizon games any good for single player or is it very multi-player orientated?

My internet connection is hit and miss for online so single player is more my thing.

Are the Horizon games any good for single player or is it very multi-player orientated?

My internet connection is hit and miss for online so single player is more my thing.

you can play the entire thing offline if you want.

edit, mulitplayer has things like car meets, road trips etc, but IMO, you're not missing out on much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Forza 6 is on actual racetracks and is more towards the sim end of racing - think Gran Turismo.

The horizon games are more laid back with a more arcade feel and sense of humor. - not quite burnout paradise, but getting there.

I'd take the horizon games any day of the week

yep that's the difference, but i'd take Forza 6 (Motorsport) over Horizon!
    Depends on what your into really...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i have hours and hours pumped into FH3 already. well over a day i think. and less than an hour of that is online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement