Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

D4: Dark dreams don't die on xbox one for €9.99 atm or $9.99 on us store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sweetie wrote: »
    D4: Dark dreams don't die on xbox one for €9.99 atm or $9.99 on us store

Thief and Sherlock Holmes down to reasonable money as is murdered Soul Suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

calex71 wrote: »
    Thief and Sherlock Holmes down to reasonable money as is murdered Soul Suspect.

3 fairly poor games in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I enjoyed Sherlock, it wasn't worth what I paid but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Soul Suspect is quite a turkey looking back at it now, but it was mildly enjoyable when playing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Nolimits wrote: »
    I enjoyed Sherlock, it wasn't worth what I paid but I enjoyed it.

Ya their prob ok games but they are not the kinda games id buy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

maximoose wrote: »
    Soul Suspect is quite a turkey looking back at it now, but it was mildly enjoyable when playing!

Ah it scored points with me for being somewhat different , not a great game by any means but worth a look at a bargain bin price.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did anyone else order the controller/play and charge kit off Littlewoods? I ordered mine last week and it's still not shipped and expected delivery isn't until the 14th of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

rottie 11 wrote: »

I'd say thief is worth that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

• Advertisement

actually just spotted i bought the last pair... keep an eye out as thats a serious bargain imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

actually just spotted i bought the last pair... keep an eye out as thats a serious bargain imo

€110 for a set of headphones is a serious bargain? The world has gone mad lol.

Edit : seeing headset thread with info required

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Liamalone wrote: »

I've never had a set on me lugholes so, are they that good? I take it that they do have sound and chat in the one thing, do the plug into the tv or xbox?

I spent €250 on mine lol. Although that was money I'd made selling a psn account, so the way I saw it at the time was it was a PSN account for a pair of astros. Depends what games you play but battlefield is a totally better experience with them on, you constantly hear every bit of detail and it can all go from one ear to the other perfectly. Like tanks, if a tank is coming towards you on your left it gradually enters and gets louder until its right around you and if it continues goes on to gradually fade out on the right. Same for jets and helicopters flying above. Footsteps and bullet shells dropping and making different sounds depending on the surface are also nice to hear. Also, other players characters shouting and screaming is also excellent.

And surround headphones will usually connect to a mix amp and then to the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy the official Xbox one play and charge kit ? I saw it for €25 in GameStop I think but was just wondering if its available cheaper anywhere else.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy the official Xbox one play and charge kit ? I saw it for €25 in GameStop I think but was just wondering if its available cheaper anywhere else.

Thanks guys.

I'd always recommend anyone getting a decent set of regular rechargable batteries over a play and charge kit anyday.

Something like this: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9805581/Trail/searchtext%3ERECHARGABLE+BATTERIES.htm

There is a cheaper energizer one for 13 but I don't like it personally as it doesn't stop charging when the batteries are full but the one linked does.

You can pick them up cheaper than that sometimes. I got mine for about €10 in tesco but pretty sure it was a pricing error :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'd always recommend anyone getting a decent set of regular rechargable batteries over a play and charge kit anyday.

Something like this: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9805581/Trail/searchtext%3ERECHARGABLE+BATTERIES.htm

There is a cheaper energizer one for 13 but I don't like it personally as it doesn't stop charging when the batteries are full but the one linked does.

You can pick them up cheaper than that sometimes. I got mine for about €10 in tesco but pretty sure it was a pricing error :)

Gonna sound real lazy here, but with those you'd have to open and replace the batteries and then put the used ones in the charger, this would make you disconnect the controller during gameplay? With a play and charge, for the same price, you just clip in the charge lead, can be done in a second/during gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

True, but that takes like 20 seconds max :pac:

Play and charge - take longer to charge, get less play time from full charge, and overall lifespan is poor in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Gonna sound real lazy here, but with those you'd have to open and replace the batteries and then put the used ones in the charger, this would make you disconnect the controller during gameplay? With a play and charge, for the same price, you just clip in the charge lead, can be done in a second/during gameplay

Yeah I spose ur K/D would take an awful hammering ;).

A notification will pop up anyway telling you ur batteries are running low long before it ever cuts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the gameware play and charge on an order of a few games from www.game.co.uk, £6 and seems to do the job fine for me.

Yup you are defo lazy lol.

You get the low battery notification. As soon as your current game ends, switch the batteries around.

I have Energizer 2000mah batteries and they'll last a good few days of flat out playing before needing swapping out and then I always have another 2 charged ready to go within reach. Just my opinion, I'd much prefer these anyday.

If you're wanting to have a cable connected to your controller then just use any micro usb cable to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Would these work with XBOX One or PS4?

With Xbox ONE as far as I know they will work as normal yes but would just require the headset chat adapter for the controller to get the voice to work. So same story for PS4 I'd imagine with whatever way it would need to connect to the controller for chat.

They are all sold out anyway so no differ :/

Yup you are defo lazy lol.

You get the low battery notification. As soon as your current game ends, switch the batteries around.

I have Energizer 2000mah batteries and they'll last a good few days of flat out playing before needing swapping out and then I always have another 2 charged ready to go within reach. Just my opinion, I'd much prefer these anyday.

If you're wanting to have a cable connected to your controller then just use any micro usb cable to do so.

Not bad, convincing. Just a pity that the nearest socket to me as an inch too far away otherwise I'd jump on this for sure!

:p

The cheaper one also stops charging when full, an led indicator illuminates when charging and goes out when full and not charging. The cheaper version doesn't have the progress bar just.

Either way, rechargeable batteries and charger works brilliantly, as said the batteries last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »
    True, but that takes like 20 seconds max :pac:

Play and charge - take longer to charge, get less play time from full charge, and overall lifespan is poor in my experience.

The official play and charge kit is top notch.

Great charge on it with a really long cable also for wired play.

The cheaper one also stops charging when full, an led indicator illuminates when charging and goes out when full and not charging. The cheaper version doesn't have the progress bar just.

Either way, rechargeable batteries and charger works brilliantly, as said the batteries last for ages.

Why is it when I was using the cheaper one my fiancee has for a month when my own one was MIA the batteries are RED hot if I forget to take them off charge but with my own one they are cold to the touch once the LED light goes out to indicate they're charged. :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

quad_red wrote: »
    What the hell is the lack of a MCC bundle about?

Why oh why aren't they releasing this here?

The current bundles are pretty poor. No interest in Fifa, Forza or the Evil Within. Don't like the white X1 with Sunset Overload either.

Nor do I, but I bought the fifa bundle in argos, with forza and evil within, sold all the games and bought MCC, all for less than buying the console on it's own, or, dare I say, at a better price than a MCC bundle would be.

Why is it when I was using the cheaper one my fiancee has for a month when my own one was MIA the batteries are RED hot if I forget to take them off charge but with my own one they are cold to the touch once the LED light goes out to indicate they're charged. :confused:

Must be a dud dude, I've never noticed mine to be warm let alone red hot, which would be a fire risk to me.
    I usually have mine plugged into in an extension lead, which means that when I'm unplugging the charger I have to hold the ext lead with one hand and grasp the charger with the other making full contact with the palm of that hand, I would've noticed any heat by now - have had it nearly two years I'd say.

both

• Advertisement

Edit : seeing headset thread with info required
    yup 110 is an absolute bargain. remember 2014 prices..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement