Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone picked up RDR on holiday recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone picked up RDR on holiday recently?
    I don't think you can if its a 360 title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't think you can if its a 360 title.

Ah fair enough. I'm just trying to be a stinge!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Referral link? I didn't put any referral link I just copied and pasted from the site

Edit: I just remembered that found it on hduk so maybe whoever posted it had a referral link

No worries Dunworth, you've been around here long enough that I thought a referral link from you was weird!

I might just edit the "evidence" out of failsafes post though, evidence of innocence or not, it's still a referral link!

Ah fair enough. I'm just trying to be a stinge!
    I would have done likewise if it was possible :D
    Only Xbox One titles are region free meaning they can be bought and played in any region.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    No worries Dunworth, you've been around here long enough that I thought a referral link from you was weird!

I might just edit the "evidence" out of failsafes post though, evidence of innocence or not, it's still a referral link!

Please, delete away, including this post. I was just having a laugh.

you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator-you-want-the-truth-you-can-t-handle-the-truth-9789dd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Get this, the bonus is that because I am singapore a/c, i will have access to play from 17.00 on 20th, YES, TOMORROW EVENING ��, CHUFFED...

Would you not have got the Ultimate edition for the €5 extra from South Africa and had the full game unlocked since Monday 11PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Would you not have got the Ultimate edition for the €5 extra from South Africa and had the full game unlocked since Monday 11PM?

Ultimate edition is €15 extra (€95) even after South Africa conversion. Am happy with my method

Ultimate edition is €15 extra (€95) even after South Africa conversion. Am happy with my method

You forgot the 10% EA discount you mentioned. Ah fair enough, was just wondering seeing as you were happy getting it earlier is all.

You forgot the 10% EA discount you mentioned. Ah fair enough, was just wondering seeing as you were happy getting it earlier is all.

Oh ya!!, my bad 😣. Sound for that.

• Advertisement

Oh ya!!, my bad 😣. Sound for that.

Bookmark it for later for SA credit: http://www.prepaidgamer.com/xbox-live-gift-cards/

Bookmark it for later for SA credit: http://www.prepaidgamer.com/xbox-live-gift-cards/

Cheers buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fifa 17 is down to €46 today on cdkeys, €43.70 if you have a 5% off code from fb.

Not an unbelievable bargain but Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 are down to E49 in Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not an unbelievable bargain but Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 are down to E49 in Argos.

That was fast wasn't it ?. I am still waiting for my copy of gears from amazon 2 weeks later ......

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

That was fast wasn't it ?. I am still waiting for my copy of gears from amazon 2 weeks later ......

I'm guessing Ascendia was the carrier on the amazon order?

Pre-ordered FIFA 17, it was due to arrive on the 5th and its still not here.

Amazon have given me a refund, their customer service is brilliant that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

ditto!

Mentioned this before , Asendia are the reason I won't deal with amazon any more. No issues getting a refund and then the lottery of a 50/50 chance a free game will arrive in 6-8 weeks time.

Anyway Battlefield is 56.99 in Argos.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it only games ascendia ship? And is it only if you don't choose free delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Mentioned this before , Asendia are the reason I won't deal with amazon any more. No issues getting a refund and then the lottery of a 50/50 chance a free game will arrive in 6-8 weeks time.

Anyway Battlefield is 56.99 in Argos.

6 to 8 weeks? Bloody hell!

I was thinking if it hadn't arrived next week I'd go out and buy it, been playing the EA Access trail up til now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it only games ascendia ship? And is it only if you don't choose free delivery?

I've never opted for paid delivery to be honest or parcel motel for games from them. Most times it negated any savings especially with argos' launch day pricing in recent times.

Anything else I've ordered has never shipped with them though.

Faker74 wrote: »
    6 to 8 weeks? Bloody hell!

I was thinking if it hadn't arrived next week I'd go out and buy it, been playing the EA Access trail up til now.

I'm not kidding , happened twice after I'd had a refund and gone and bought the games in a store, one of the assassins creed games and I think Wolfenstein was the other. Both arrived after I'd played and finished the copies I'd bought, terrible service.

Makes me wonder what happens to the ones that don't arrive? I mean going by the numbers on here who have issues , do they even get dispatched in the first place, or is there some kind of problem in their order system, or maybe they just don't like shipping to ROI and do nothing and let the customer look for refunds. One of lifes mysteries I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

My Amazon (flubit) free delivery copy of gears arrived on the Saturday before the Tuesday launch - I'm UK based but still, ye lads should well have them by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Asendia have their uses though sometimes.

A "friend" of mine ordered Fallout 4 from Amazon on pre-order last year, and it was even an edition with an art book and soundtrack. The order wasn't moving anywhere and Argos had a good deal on the game. He reserved Fallout in Argos, tried to cancel the Amazon order but couldn't. Went on chat and asked if it was possible to cancel. Was told it wouldn't but a problem even though it was in the process of being shipped by Asendia. He asked how would he return the game if it turned up but was assured it wouldn't and that it would be stopped before being shipped.

Amazon order got refunded and he went off and bought it in Argos. About 2 weeks later and the Amazon order turned up even though his Amazon account showed it as cancelled and he was refunded. Cheeky bastard went off into Argos with his Argos receipt and Amazon copy and got a refund on it. :D

Prices were almost identical so an almost free copy of Fallout 4 and a free book and CD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Buy the elite controller in argos and get battlefield 1 for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, think that makes it time to join the club

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Buy the elite controller in argos and get battlefield 1 for a fiver.

Might get a second one now and sell my original One :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can't seem to book them together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They haven't updated the listing for Battlefield 1 fully, no price on it yet. I'd say it'll be working soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement