Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

For anyone that got stung on the gears of war 4 codes on reddit. It is worth complianing to paypal. Just got confirmation that I am getting the money back off seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

For anyone that got stung on the gears of war 4 codes on reddit. It is worth complianing to paypal. Just got confirmation that I am getting the money back off seller.

****e. Went through amazon gift card. Clever git :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

nicklauski wrote: »
    ****e. Went through amazon gift card. Clever git :D

Indeed. Twas worth a stab regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Indeed. Twas worth a stab regardless

Of definitely. 8 euro. Near two pints. can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Hi lads,

I'm on holidays in India and I am trying to buy battlefield 1 with Revolut but I get a message:

"Try a different way to pay or change your store region. The region where your payment method was issued and your store region need to match."

Does Revolut not work in India? I also stopped over in Hong Kong and Singapore on the way here and no luck at both.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm on holidays in India and I am trying to buy battlefield 1 with Revolut but I get a message:

"Try a different way to pay or change your store region. The region where your payment method was issued and your store region need to match."

Does Revolut not work in India? I also stopped over in Hong Kong and Singapore on the way here and no luck at both.

Any help would be appreciated!

Only store credit works now when you're on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

India never worked either afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Hi All

thinking about ordering one of the one s bundles from Tesco direct. I have oparcel Motel and Revolut accounts. Anyone orderd from there in the past? Any tips on how to get the order done as smoothly as possible and how long do their deliveries typically take?

Lego dimensions starter pack down to 39.99 for Xbox one in Smyths.

It was the same price in Argos last week but seemed to be sold out everywhere.

Good time to pick it up for a Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

What do people currently see as the best deal for a portable USB drive got the XB1?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

What do people currently see as the best deal for a portable USB drive got the XB1?!

This is what most of us are using and the price is pretty good for one you can just pick up in store. Ive one in my PS4 and Xbox One

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

If you can wait a month there could be a good deal on Amazon during the Black Friday sales

Seagate 2tb hdd on Amazon for £62.99. Needs to be parcel motelled though as Amazon won't ship it here for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Will be getting it posted to house in Belfast. I really have no need for anything more than 2TB but for some reason I'm trying to convince myself I need the 4TB one...

Cheers for recommendations lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Dont think so, i would go for the one you posted as it costs less and I am a cheapskate.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Is anyone still waiting to get their copy of Gears from Amazon?

gmg678 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting to get their copy of Gears from Amazon?

See further up for talk about Asendia , I'd be looking for a refund and taking myself to argos for a copy. Check the estimated delivery date on amazon, theres a very good chance it's been changed to one further out without them notifying you. Had that happen on a few orders before I stopped buying from amazon because of them using Asendia.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

See further up for talk about Asendia , I'd be looking for a refund and taking myself to argos for a copy. Check the estimated delivery date on amazon, theres a very good chance it's been changed to one further out without them notifying you. Had that happen on a few orders before I stopped buying from amazon because of them using Asendia.

Have a keyboard on order and just noticed the carrier is Ascendia :-/

Delivery date says Nov 1st for now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Still waiting for my copy myself from amazon

Still waiting for my copy myself from amazon

I got onto amazon. Said it Will be delivered in 24hrs.(very suspect for it arrive tomorrow)
    Might be worth getting onto them.

If Ascendia have it be sure to check around the side of your house, in the bins left out for collection, in any bushes or trees in your garden and in any large puddles of water located around your home. Have head nothing but problems with them delivering items and found a package crushed at the side of our house, it appears that the delivery man stood on on package so that he could lower anther over the gate. Though by lower, I mean throw it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I used Amazon recently and they used them, awful awfully slow, won't be using them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I used Amazon recently and they used them, awful awfully slow, won't be using them again!

That's not Amazon it's Asendia the courier. I had one package shipped by them that took one month to get to me. I complained to Amazon and have never had anything shipped by them since.

Ordered stuff last Wednesday with free delivery, it shipped Sunday and was delivered yesterday so I can't complain about that.

still don't know if my Package arrived today. will have to wait till I get home from work.
    I think looking for a refund might need to be done if it is not there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I contact amazon last night about it myself. Where is my gears of war 4.

They ended up giving me 11 pound back. They are also sending me a new copy with UPS that has a tracking number so i will have it tomorrow over 2 weeks late ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just spotted this on HUKD.

£337 for a One S and 7 games.

Use the code TDXR-PKMX for £30 off.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/credit-original-op-back-7-game-bundle-xbox-one-s-fifa-17-500gb-with-gears-4-gta-2533898?page=2#comments

Just to update:

Overwatch out of stock so that's a no go. I've added 500GB Fifa Bundle, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3, GOW4, Mafia 3, and GTA V for £317. I didn't go as far as adding the discount code because I couldn't remember my password.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just spotted this on HUKD.

£337 for a One S and 7 games.

Use the code TDXR-PKMX for £30 off.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/credit-original-op-back-7-game-bundle-xbox-one-s-fifa-17-500gb-with-gears-4-gta-2533898?page=2#comments

Just to update:

Overwatch out of stock so that's a no go. I've added 500GB Fifa Bundle, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3, GOW4, Mafia 3, and GTA V for £317. I didn't go as far as adding the discount code because I couldn't remember my password.
    Just a word of caution;

friend recently got a bundle like this off tesco, and all the items were sent separately so it was like €4 (parcel motel charge) for each item. Doesnt seem like much, but if they all come separately in this order, you could be looking at like a €30 extra on top of the price for parcel motel.

EDIT: Also tesco charges another £3 twice (one for console, one for games) for delivery to parcel motel location it seems

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement