Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

One that I have no interest in though...

Which you can sell easily for about €35-40.

Unless you are on a very strict budget, I recommend people go with the S these days. There's small quality of life improvements on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One that I have no interest in though...

There's loads of other bundles available. The Tesco offer last week was £320 or thereabouts and you got Fifa 17, GTA V, Mafia 3, Overwatch, Forza Horizon 3, GOW 4 and another one that I can't remember.

If none of the games suited you you can get close to €175 for them so the console was working out around €200.

Do you mean on screen?

Yes looks better on the TV but I also like the look of the One S compared to the One, it's much neater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It fits better in my carry on bag and gives me a little more room for games....clothes

It fits better in my carry on bag and gives me a little more room for games....clothes

If your games were digital you could bring them all :pac:

• Advertisement

Most of them are but if I see a game disc for real cheap then I'll buy it if I have store credit, which I am trying to get rid of so I dont :D
    I had about €80 credit for CEX, got a bunch of games there that were on Gamestops list of "Trade 2 of the below and get new game for €9.99" so I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I was planning on upgrading from a 360 to a 500G One S in the next few weeks, and out of curiosity I was on Game (going to Belfast at the weekend to take advantage of the sterling rate at the mo) and saw a 500G Xbox One, pre-owned but cleared by them going for £149 (about €165).

I'd be mad to pay double for a new One S, right? I don't have a 4K TV and won't be able to afford one any time soon. I don't own any blu-rays.

S uses less juice and is neater. It would be new and warrantied and also have better resale value.

I would hold off until US thanksgiving in a couple of weeks as there will be reductions.

call of duty going for 49.99 and 69.99 in argos for the 2 versions. Those are some serious day one prices

call of duty going for 49.99 and 69.99 in argos for the 2 versions. Those are some serious day one prices

• Advertisement

Online only offer Xbox One from Harvey Normans €249

Online only offer Xbox One from Harvey Normans €249

I wouldn't say that's a deal at all Max. Your Amazon bundle is €30 more expensive for the S Model with 3 games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that's a deal at all Max. Your Amazon bundle is €30 more expensive for the S Model with 3 games.

Yeah, that's insane. Then again, it's Harvey Norman, I've yet to see a good deal come out of that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, that's insane. Then again, it's Harvey Norman, I've yet to see a good deal come out of that place.

But... but.... there's a BIG SALE on at the weekend :p

And the Staff & Friends discount sale this Wednesday www.hn.ie/invite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

And the Staff & Friends discount sale this Wednesday www.hn.ie/invite

Cant wait for the MEGA deals in Harvey norman. They always the most MEGA bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What was the story with the sale on the digital store last year - was there one at thanksgiving and then another at christmas or was it all rolled into one?

thanksgiving is the 24th november so it might be worth holding out for a few deals on that if people are looking for anything specific. bound to be deals on the first party titles like halo, gears & forza.

I was a bit annoyed with the "Staff & Friends" sale last year.
    Queued up, didnt wait long, got in, looked for what I needed and found that it was the same price online so they basically had the sale online too which to me defeats the whole purpose of having such a "VIP" event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was a bit annoyed with the "Staff & Friends" sale last year.
    Queued up, didnt wait long, got in, looked for what I needed and found that it was the same price online so they basically had the sale online too which to me defeats the whole purpose of having such a "VIP" event

moral of the story there is harvey norman = load a sh1te.

same goes for a lot of those online stores like littlewoods, they're selling at inflated prices anyway, so any 'sale' is usually only bringing them back into line with everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

link to MS UK bundle offer on Xbox One Bundles only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

for starting out, is the Xbox one sufficient ? or is the Xbox One S minimum entry level these days? Is 500GB enough or do you need 1TB

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ablelocks wrote: »

That elite one looks a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

That elite one looks a great deal.

yeah it looks like the pick alright. 1tb SSD and elite controller would be huge upgrade from my 500gb console. I'm torn between this or holding out for Black Friday deals....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

yeah it looks like the pick alright. 1tb SSD and elite controller would be huge upgrade from my 500gb console. I'm torn between this or holding out for Black Friday deals....

Its not a 1tb SSD.

Its a hybrid drive with a small portion being of solid state.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

for starting out, is the Xbox one sufficient ? or is the Xbox One S minimum entry level these days? Is 500GB enough or do you need 1TB

You'll find good value xbox one s bundles around. You can expand the storage easily with a usb3 external drive so dont worry about storage

I have never tried it so I dont know if you can use this site from Ireland but here is an EA Access 12 Month Subscription XBOX One [Digital Code] for $29.99
    $5 off w/ promo code 1108BKNGS26, ends 11/14 which is about €22.61

Cant access this in work but checked it out on my mobile
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/hardware/xbox-one-deals/?inStockOnly=false&cm_mmc=game-_-Xbox-_-XB1BFearly-_-mainbanner
    An Xbox One Elite 1TB Console from £199.99, includes Elite Controller.
    Other deals have it with Fallout 4 for £209.99 or Fallout 4 & 12 Month Xbox Live Sub & NOW TV 3 Month Pass for £279.99 and others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Ah FFS, the Gears bundle is a great deal

If only I knew you had to pay for PS Plus, I wouldnt have bought the PS4 slim :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Ah FFS, the Gears bundle is a great deal

If only I knew you had to pay for PS Plus, I wouldnt have bought the PS4 slim :mad:

If you bought it in Argos, they are really good at returns.

Xbox live gold is a fair bit cheaper too, with cdkeys or the like

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    If you bought it in Argos, they are really good at returns.

Xbox live gold is a fair bit cheaper too, with cdkeys or the like

They are not going to let you return a used console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement