Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They are not going to let you return a used console.

A parent at work returned a console after four weeks and said it it didn't work on her TV. Reality was her kid wanted a different console. I'm not condoning it, but they have a less rigorous returns policy than many.

Also, we don't know how long he has it and you usually can return items up to a certain period of time with them, 30 days I think so if his console was in 'as new' condition, he would be fine if he had all packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    A parent at work returned a console after four weeks and said it it didn't work on her TV. Reality was her kid wanted a different console. I'm not condoning it, but they have a less rigorous returns policy than many.

Also, we don't know how long he has it and you usually can return items up to a certain period of time with them, 30 days I think so if his console was in 'as new' condition, he would be fine if he had all packaging.

That's a ****ty thing to do. People doing stuff like that will force the better companies to deal with be more restrictive in the future.

He has the console about 3 weeks, since the launch of the Slim, I think I saw on the PlayStation Thread a while ago.

Edit: As far as I'm aware electrical goods are excluded from the 30 day return policy with Argos.

That's a ****ty thing to do. People doing stuff like that will force the better companies to deal with be more restrictive in the future.

He has the console about 3 weeks, since the launch of the Slim, I think I saw on the PlayStation Thread a while ago.

Edit: As far as I'm aware electrical goods are excluded from the 30 day return policy with Argos.

You know more about his console than I do, I only made a suggestion as I thought they were just out. From his post it sounded like he just bought it.

Its not the end of the world if I made a suggestion that you don't agree with?

Look through the threads here, plenty of things being returned all the time or at least suggestions that people are intending to.

Anyway, as I said, it was a suggestion. Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    You know more about his console than I do, I only made a suggestion as I thought they were just out. From his post it sounded like he just bought it.

Its not the end of the world if I made a suggestion that you don't agree with?

Look through the threads here, plenty of things being returned all the time or at least suggestions that people are intending to.

Anyway, as I said, it was a suggestion. Not the end of the world.

I'm not complaining or getting onto you and apologies if it came across that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Xbox 500gb with Kinect + 3 Games - 250 euro

I have a reservation code for this bundle for Argos in Portlaoise to be collected this evening - First to PM will get it ....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have a code for the elite bundle in Argos Navan if anyone wants it.
    To be collected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

astro A50's are reduced to €212 at argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5717965/Trail/searchtext%3EASTRO+A50.htm

stock is low, but a few of the lads have reserved some in cork if anyone on here needs a code.

I'm not complaining or getting onto you and apologies if it came across that way.

No worries. Picked you up wrong so. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The division is down to 14.98 on cd keys in their daily deal, any one recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I am almost tempted at that price but I have a feeling it will go lower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The division is down to 14.98 on cd keys in their daily deal, any one recommend it?

for 15 euros. definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Just reserved an 500GB XB1S Minecraft bundle in Argos for collection tomorrow.

Deal 1 said to add additional controller at £15 off.

When it hit the basket, the additional controller is only €20.00

So, €319.99 for the lot.

Thought that was worth mentioning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Slightly random question, but is CJS-CDKEYS.COM a trustworthy site to use for buying XBOX one cd keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Slightly random question, but is CJS-CDKEYS.COM a trustworthy site to use for buying XBOX one cd keys?

Should be ok for the games that state that it is a cd key.

Wouldn't use the site personally as they also sell accounts with games which is dodgy as f.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Should be ok for the games that state that it is a cd key.

Wouldn't use the site personally as they also sell accounts with games which is dodgy as f.
    Yeah I'm just seeing that now... I just got Madden 17 on G2play a few minutes ago for €40 as I missed the sale for it on XBOX Gold a few days ago. It's worked perfectly and I'm downloading it now, but G2play only have a very small selection of games, The likes of FIFA, etc.

Is there any site that you would recommend that just sells CD keys that you can redeem and have a decent selection? Don't want any of that account sharing nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What do folks think of the Xbox 1 Elite console bundle for €250 in Argos? I'm debating whether it's a good option to get back into Xbox gaming at that price? The Xbox 1 S doesn't really interest me and I can't take advantage of it's 4k/HDR features anyway, the S bundles are a little bit more expensive too. I do have several 360 games on the BC list which could get me started and I'm guessing a Gold sub is pretty much mandatory in terms of value?

Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would recommend you buy it. I was late to console gaming this gen only got the Xbox One roughly this time last year. The amount of games I got free off MS over the course of the year is unreal. Played some amazing games that I would not have played otherwise. One springs to mind 'The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing' would never have got it otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is it available anywhere still? i wasn't seeing it in stock anywhere last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

mossym wrote: »

Just bought it via Game.co.uk, with Fallout 4 for £210, works out at about €246 including Parcel Wizard - cheaper than Argos AND with bonus Fallout 4 that you can sell on if you're not into it, only downside is having to wait for delivery...

edit: this is the Elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

From HDUK; quidco are offering 25% cashback today only on cdkeys purchases. According to the guys on HDUk it seems to be tracking but it's never guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Gears 4 is €35 on argos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hococop wrote: »
    Gears 4 is €35 on argos

Cex are probably still giving 50 cash for it too :eek:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Cex are probably still giving 50 cash for it too :eek:

€45 cash, €50 voucher

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

€45 cash, €50 voucher

Thats not bad in fairness. It was 49 cash a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

sweetie wrote: »
    From HDUK; quidco are offering 25% cashback today only on cdkeys purchases. According to the guys on HDUk it seems to be tracking but it's never guaranteed

I think it's genuine and not a mistake, there's a banner for it on quidco! Thanks Singles day whatever the hell you are

promotion-banner-site-large.png

maximoose wrote: »
    I think it's genuine and not a mistake, there's a banner for it on quidco! Thanks Singles day whatever the hell you are

promotion-banner-site-large.png

Its a day to remind us ugly folks that we're still alone :(

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

mossym wrote: »

I reserved it last night in the Arklow branch (I guess I just got lucky there was one there and it's my local). Newbie question - will that 12 month Xbox Live sub on cd keys for €40 work fine on fine on my account (thought I read in other thread there's no region locking with it or something)?

Yes it will work fine, I got 2 of them 2 years ago, I'm good for another 4 or 5 months :D
    If they go on sale during Black Friday, I will probably get more

• Advertisement

Yes it will work fine, I got 2 of them 2 years ago, I'm good for another 4 or 5 months :D
    If they go on sale during Black Friday, I will probably get more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement