Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Its only 289 in Argos with a 10E voucher included as well for spending over a 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Singles day is some Chinese day of sales, like Black Friday is for the US.
    Gearbest, geekbuying et all do "Best Bargains" on this day :D

Time to get that "Original" Xiaomi wristband that you've been eyeing up guys! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

maximoose wrote: »
    I think it's genuine and not a mistake, there's a banner for it on quidco! Thanks Singles day whatever the hell you are

promotion-banner-site-large.png

Is there some hidden condition behind quidco? I buy a game for 50 when can I get the 12.50 back or what do I do with it

I think it's genuine and not a mistake, there's a banner for it on quidco! Thanks Singles day whatever the hell you are

promotion-banner-site-large.png

Is there some hidden condition behind quidco? I buy a game for 50 when can I get the 12.50 back or what do I do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You just have to sign up, and go to CDKeys through Quidco so it tracks the referral. You'll get the 25% back when the retailer approves it, at the minute it estimates you'll be paid back on 11 December if you purchased today.

You can be paid back direct to Paypal, or in Amazon vouchers.

I use quidco quite a bit and never had any hassle with it

You just have to sign up, and go to CDKeys through Quidco so it tracks the referral. You'll get the 25% back when the retailer approves it, at the minute it estimates you'll be paid back on 11 December if you purchased today.

I signed up today and bought gears 4. Have €13.50 back but it just says it's tracked cash back and not payable cash back. Says it would be payable by 3 march :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

renewed my xbox live sub, got £8.50 cash back

Tracked is good, you should get it back long before March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i thought it was UK only, not the case?

• Advertisement

It's UK retailers and you'll get cashback paid in £ but anyone can sign up.

I mainly use it for Hotels.com and booking.com, and things like Aliexpress, Amazon, Expedia, CDKeys. Got a heap back from Ticketmaster UK for UFC and West end tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gar318

Hococop wrote: »
    Gears 4 is €35 on argos

Thanks for that picked it up on the way home , 5 games for €35 be rude not too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

gar318 wrote: »
    Thanks for that picked it up on the way home , 5 games for €35 be rude not too

I bought Gears of War 4 recently and didn't get the older games. But I also already have them all from purchasing Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would have been nice to get a email link or something so I could give the games away to someone who doesn't already have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I bought Gears of War 4 recently and didn't get the older games. But I also already have them all from purchasing Gears of War Ultimate Edition. It would have been nice to get a email link or something so I could give the games away to someone who doesn't already have them.

How did you buy it? The codes are in the box for disc copies and sent via xbox live for digital copies. Have a spare set of codes myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How did you buy it? The codes are in the box for disc copies and sent via xbox live for digital copies. Have a spare set of codes myself.

I bought it digitally off the UK xbox live service.

I bought it digitally off the UK xbox live service.

Check your xbox messages then. You should have 2 messages containing the 4 keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I didn't get mine for about a week or so after buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

It's UK retailers and you'll get cashback paid in £ but anyone can sign up.

I mainly use it for Hotels.com and booking.com, and things like Aliexpress, Amazon, Expedia, CDKeys. Got a heap back from Ticketmaster UK for UFC and West end tickets too.

just bought 12m xbox live from cdkeys for €39.99 with quidco and it says its tracking it at £10 back from £39.99. That'll be nice if its the case! will work out at around 29% back instead of 25% :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I was planning on getting Rise of the Tomb Raider, but now I see black friday is in like two weeks, would there most likely be a sale on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Rorok wrote: »
    I was planning on getting Rise of the Tomb Raider, but now I see black friday is in like two weeks, would there most likely be a sale on it?

I reckon so. I'm holding on until then too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rorok wrote: »

I think it's only like 20 euros in cex how much cheaper do you won't it to get?. As at that price to me it's really the lowest I wait to game to drop to any lower you could say your a but tight waiting for it to drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I think it's only like 20 euros in cex how much cheaper do you won't it to get?. As at that price to me it's really the lowest I wait to game to drop to any lower you could say your a but tight waiting for it to drop

Can't speak for Rorok but I like to buy my games digitally and there is a new 20th Anniversary version available on the Xbox Store.
    So maybe he isn't being, as you put it 'a bit tight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Forza Horizon 3 is 29.99 sterling on Game.co.uk - has anyone ordered from game using parcel motel? Parcel motell works fine for delivery address.

What do I put for the compulsory postcode in billing address when I have to enter my Irish address?

Forza Horizon 3 is 29.99 sterling on Game.co.uk - anyone ordered from game using parcel motel? Parcel motell works fine for delivery address.

What do I put for the compulsory postcode in billing address when I have to enter my Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Danick wrote: »
    Forza Horizon 3 is 29.99 sterling on Game.co.uk - has anyone ordered from game using parcel motel? Parcel motell works fine for delivery address.

I ordered an Elite Controller from them. Send it to your Parcel Motel address in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Forza Horizon 3 is 29.99 sterling on Game.co.uk - anyone ordered from game using parcel motel? Parcel motell works fine for delivery address.

Would an eircode work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Apparently courier services and postmen don't really use them but for the purposes of filling out your address I'm sure it's grand.

https://www.eircode.ie/

Some info on how many people actually use it

http://www.thejournal.ie/eircode-poll-do-you-use-yours-2829159-Jun2016/

Managed to get a confirmation email but no money wa taken from my Revolut card- any ideas?

Managed to get a confirmation e-mail (I put parcel motel Aintrim postcode at the end of my billing address) but no money was taken from my Revolut card- any ideas?

Do you think Game only take the money when they dispatch the game?

Any info greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Managed to get a confirmation e-mail (I put parcel motel Aintrim postcode at the end of my billing address) but no money was taken from my Revolut card- any ideas?

Do you think Game only take the money when they dispatch the game?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Game charge on dispatch.

Btw the valid postcode for Ireland in Games system is EIRE if you want anything shipped here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement