Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Forza Horizon 3 is 30 on Amazon now as well - thanks for all the help regarding my order from Game.

I went on Game live chat - explained the situation and the guy recommended cancelling my order. I didn't bother ordering it from Game again and instead went to Amazon.

For future reference - if I use Game again will Eire work in payment postcode? I use Parcel motel for delivery.

Thanks and I really appreciate all the help I got here today.

Danick wrote: »
    Forza Horizon 3 is 30 on Amazon now as well - thanks for all the help regarding my order from Game.

I went on Game live chat - explained the situation and the guy recommended cancelling my order. I didn't bother ordering it from Game again and instead went to Amazon.

For future reference - if I use Game again will Eire work in payment postcode? I use Parcel motel for delivery.

Not sure if you've seen the posts here and across the site about games from Amazon could be more woes ahead for you :(

Not sure if you've seen the posts here and across the site about games from Amazon could be more woes ahead for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

You dont have to use parcel motel for game.co.uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Forza malfunctioning on Amazon at de mo. Says 29.99 but when you add to cart, it goes to 39stg. WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

johnf26 wrote: »
    You dont have to use parcel motel for game.co.uk ?

Only on packages over 1kg. Had the Bayonetta 2 CE shipped to my house a few years ago, shipping to Ireland is £2.95.

Afaik the postcode must be EIRE for Irish addresses to work, this was a work around they implemented for the lack of postcodes here so the reward cards could be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Damn it
    Seems to have gone up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just wondering is Halo 5 worth getting at €20 that Argos have at the minute? Just got an XBO so looking to pick up a couple of physical games.

Not sure I'd get much use out of the multi-player so am wondering if the campaign is worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You can get the deluxe edition on CD Keys for €16.79 at the minute, but if you aren't interested in the MP you might be better going physical and trading in when done.

As for the campaign, I love Halo - and it's the only campaign I haven't finished. I'll get back to it one day but I found it quite boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

15 in cex. Not the best one but worth it at that price I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Elite controller currently on Amazon.co.uk for £109. With the current rate that works out at about €125, and qualifies for free shipping... Do we think that'll go much cheaper during the Black Friday stuff?

And also, I assume that a controller bought in the US would work fine on an Irish console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

This is the type of offers that will be taking place on Black Friday in the USA
    http://bestblackfriday.com/hot/xbox-one

http://bestblackfriday.com/category/video-games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Elite controller currently on Amazon.co.uk for £109. With the current rate that works out at about €125, and qualifies for free shipping... Do we think that'll go much cheaper during the Black Friday stuff?

And also, I assume that a controller bought in the US would work fine on an Irish console?

Will work no problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

tkd93 wrote: »
    15 in cex. Not the best one but worth it at that price I think.
    maximoose wrote: »
    You can get the deluxe edition on CD Keys for €16.79 at the minute, but if you aren't interested in the MP you might be better going physical and trading in when done.

As for the campaign, I love Halo - and it's the only campaign I haven't finished. I'll get back to it one day but I found it quite boring.

Thanks folks. Think I'll pass for now then, that 20 quid could be put to better use elsewhere. I just got Dirt Rally and signed up to that EA Acess thing so that should keep me going for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Will work no problem

Awesome. I'll be over there just after Black Friday so might pick up an elite controller if I see one for a good price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

£103.99 on the warehouse, if you buy something else up to £200 value there is a £50 reduction. I got one from the warehouse before, it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just wondering is Halo 5 worth getting at €20 that Argos have at the minute? Just got an XBO so looking to pick up a couple of physical games.

Not sure I'd get much use out of the multi-player so am wondering if the campaign is worth it?

The multiplayer is fantastic, my favorite shooter of the last year or so, Single player is a bit meh, when I look back at it, but I did enjoy it at the time.

They're still releasing DLC for it, and its all free, so worth a look, theres also a horde type mode which is pretty good if PvP isn't your thing.

Also, well done on Dirt Rally, a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I found Halo 5 single player campaign to be very good. I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Xbox one s 1tb with gears of war 4 is €340 in argos. I cant see anything about it being discounted on amazon for black friday. Is it worth holding out or do i run the risk of not getting one before christmas? I've never bought in black friday sales before so not sure what to expect. Thanks

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1073524

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

mushu wrote: »
    Xbox one s 1tb with gears of war 4 is €340 in argos. I cant see anything about it being discounted on amazon for black friday. Is it worth holding out or do i run the risk of not getting one before christmas? I've never bought in black friday sales before so not sure what to expect. Thanks

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1073524

I would hold out.
    Argos, Smyths and even GameStop will have decent Black Friday deals. Microsoft store have also had good deals in previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PM sent.

I agree with the others. Wait to see what offers arise over the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I would hold out.
    Argos, Smyths and even GameStop will have decent Black Friday deals. Microsoft store have also had good deals in previous years.
    My experience has been different. I've never bought anything on black Friday because I've never seen anything worth getting. Amazon have started their sale already. Not one thing id consider a bargain. It's an American thing really. Other countries are latching on to the marketing but not delivering on the bargains. I'd love to be corrected on that but that's my experience. Digital sales on the.Microsoft site are worth keeping an eye on as you get the u.s deals. That's about it.

If anything I'd say you're better off waiting to see what comes up in the winter sales, which is traditionally when bargains are to be had this side.of the Atlantic as retails looks to clear unsold Christmas stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Simply games have it for £249 at the moment ,

http://www.simplygames.com/p/xbox-one-s-1tb-with-gears-of-war-4-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Am getting messages from Microsoft saying thanks for purchasing GoW4 (which was a revoked Nvidia code purchase), here's 1 and 2. Anyone else seeing it?

Am getting messages from Microsoft saying thanks for purchasing GoW4 (which was a revoked Nvidia code purchase), here's 1 and 2. Anyone else seeing it?

I still didn't get any message with the games and I bought it officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I got two messages with gears 1,2,3 and judgement got gears with genuine nvidea code

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I got two messages with gears 1,2,3 and judgement got gears with genuine nvidea code
    I only got mine today and I got Gears of War 4 at launch.

Well logged into my Xbox just there and I seem to have got them. If anyone is interested head over to the games giveaway thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I got this too. All other games. But not Gears 4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

maximoose wrote: »

Wut? You need to go rectify that immediately... can't recall the amount of times I've played through Halo: CE on legendary with a buddy, spiltscreening that sh*t on one of those old portable box TVs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement