Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I can't speak for the Xbox One, but the Play and Charge kits for the 360 were very poor. Within a year it was failing to hold a charge for longer than 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did anyone else order the controller/play and charge kit off Littlewoods? I ordered mine last week and it's still not shipped and expected delivery isn't until the 14th of November.

I got the controller, took nearly 2 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hi guys. Am looking for the best deal at the moment for xbox one and fifa15? I know argos had it last week at 409 but gone up to 440 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Hi guys. Am looking for the best deal at the moment for xbox one and fifa15? I know argos had it last week at 409 but gone up to 440 now.

It's €399.99 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

HMV/Xtravision are doing the FIFA 15 bundle with Lego Batman 3 and the Lego Movie on Bluray for €430.

• Advertisement

Thanks sniper and gizmo. You are so kind to share the knowledge.

Dont know why it posted so many times! Also an extra controller? These seem mad money? The xbox 360 ones are cheaper but are they compatable? (Newb)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Dont know why it posted so many times! Also an extra controller? These seem mad money? The xbox 360 ones are cheaper but are they compatable? (Newb)

No, they're not compatible. The Xbox One controller is €54.99 in Smyths and Argos, I think it's that price in most places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    No, they're not compatible. The Xbox One controller is €54.99 in Smyths and Argos, I think it's that price in most places.

They were 39 in littlewoods last week but I think they've gone back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DylanC431

I was wondering if I could get some help in finding a cheap Xbox one, preferably under the 300 mark, if anyone even on here has an unwanted one that would be great, replys are appreciated, thanks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DylanC431 wrote: »
    I was wondering if I could get some help in finding a cheap Xbox one, preferably under the 300 mark, if anyone even on here has an unwanted one that would be great, replys are appreciated, thanks

I don't think you'd even get a 2nd hand one for that. Best bet is to get a bundle deal from Argos and trade in whatever games come with it in CeX (if you don't want them) to knock a bit off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DylanC431

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think you'd even get a 2nd hand one for that. Best bet is to get a bundle deal from Argos and trade in whatever games come with it in CeX (if you don't want them) to knock a bit off the price.
    Ideally id want to get rid of the 360 and the 20 odd games with it, I have had a look at gum tree, adverts and done deal for second hand ones... What I want is something where i cab either get a good price or pay by the month (my credit limit on little woods doesn't go as high as an Xbox one though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ireland seems to be better value than the uk atm for xboxone. You missed a trick with the deal last week in argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

DylanC431 wrote: »
    Ideally id want to get rid of the 360 and the 20 odd games with it, I have had a look at gum tree, adverts and done deal for second hand ones... What I want is something where i cab either get a good price or pay by the month (my credit limit on little woods doesn't go as high as an Xbox one though

What you could do is trade your Xbox 360 and 20 games into CeX for store credit and buy an Xbox One from them. They have stores all across the country: https://ie.webuy.com/

Alien Isolation Ripley Edition is £20 on 360 and £25 on One on game.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Alien Isolation Ripley Edition is €20 on 360 and €25 on One on game.co.uk

Hmmmmmm temped

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Alien Isolation Ripley Edition is €20 on 360 and €25 on One on game.co.uk

It's £ when I check it? Which = €25 and €32

Edit: ninja edit ;)

It's £ when I check it? Which = €25 and €32

Edit: ninja edit ;)

Yeah, accidently used Euro signs instead of Pounds.

• Advertisement

Xbox One, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare & 12 months Xbox Live for €409.99 in Argos.

BObZS9L.png

Game are doing the One with Halo: MCC, COD: Advanced Warefare and Forza 5 RGOTY Edition for £350.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Game are doing the One with Halo: MCC, COD: Advanced Warefare and Forza 5 RGOTY Edition for £350.

Some deal that!

Liamalone wrote: »
    Some deal that!

That is unbelievable value! Works out at €450 including the Parcel Motel charge.

Link to the bundle here for those interested: http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-with-halo-master-chief-collection-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-halo-console-skin-forza-5-goty-download-318711?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737199&catGroupId=

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah it is, Forza is a download code though if anyone was thinking of getting rid of it. As mentioned it is the Racing GOTY Edition so it comes with a few of the car packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tristannolan

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/FAR-CRY-4-GOLD-EDITION/392de20b-0b7e-46d6-96f4-4f2cce2543ce far cry 4 gold edition
    costs 57.28 in euros

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Gold-Edition/77a33413-931d-4be0-8d8d-540c3d54eb56 ac unity gold edition
    57.28 in euros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Assassin's Creed Unity, cheaper than US and no region switching required (you will have to wait till Friday though) https://www.xbox-live.com/en/595-buy-assassins-creed-unity-xbox-one/ €44.90

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Anyone tried buying this bundle?

I've tried and they've cancelled my order twice without explanation!!

Using Parcel Motel and an Irish CC.

Would this be the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 UnGround

martomcg wrote: »
    Anyone tried buying this bundle?

I've tried and they've cancelled my order twice without explanation!!

Using Parcel Motel and an Irish CC.

Would this be the issue?

Just ordered it myself there. it hasnt been cancelled yet but will let you know if it is.

they do mention on their site that they wont ship to PO boxes so Parcelmotel might be the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement