Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wut? You need to go rectify that immediately... can't recall the amount of times I've played through Halo: CE on legendary with a buddy, spiltscreening that sh*t on one of those old portable box TVs

Think he meant the Halo 5 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Think he meant the Halo 5 campaign.

Oh, my bad... yea that wasn't the best in my opinion. Only Halo campaign I didn't enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Lego Dimensions starter pack is €39.99 with a free fun pack(normally ~€17) in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone know of any way to go on holiday to Argentina? My travel agent being an awful pain at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anyone know of any way to go on holiday to Argentina? My travel agent being an awful pain at the minute.

Private jet dude.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Private jet dude.

Thanks for the useful contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can't buy credit for there so it won't work.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can't buy credit for there so it won't work.

That's what I figured :(

Can't pay for stuff with partial store credit and remainder on a card any more either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kinda off topic but need advice on where is best to sell my black XBox 360S 250gb with 4 games 2 controllers

How much would cex and the likes take for it? I've looked at done deal and adverts and all the prices vary.

Mods please move question to correct thread if it's not cool to post it here. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nalz wrote: »
    Kinda off topic but need advice on where is best to sell my black XBox 360S 250gb with 4 games 2 controllers

How much would cex and the likes take for it? I've looked at done deal and adverts and all the prices vary.

You can enter the details into CEX and see how much you'd get. I'd imagine it'll be less than €100

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can enter the details into CEX and see how much you'd get. I'd imagine it'll be less than €100

Thanks. €61 or €80 store voucher. My best bet eBay so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Nalz wrote: »
    Thanks. €61 or €80 store voucher. My best bet eBay so?

Adverts. Donedeal your local things for sale page on Facebook the last one is the best I find for selling games consoles. AS it's full of mothers sbuying there kids xmess gifts.

Nust don't put it up for 150 euros or more as that's Ps4 Xbox one money. Just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

anyone dipped into the sale on the xbox store yet? picked up AC Syndicate and Wolfenstein for €22,tempted to go back for Far Cry primal for €16

Cotts72 wrote: »
    anyone dipped into the sale on the xbox store yet? picked up AC Syndicate and Wolfenstein for €22,tempted to go back for Far Cry primal for €16

Metro Redux is worth a look for 7 quid.

Metro Redux is worth a look for 7 quid.

Probably better off getting the SR4/Metro double pack for €11 than Metro by itself. 4 great games for €11 is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got Hitman for €30, can't complain as I used my phone credit to buy it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

With this hitman game, how does it compare to the others and is there many missions?

Hococop wrote: »
    With this hitman game, how does it compare to the others and is there many missions?

Proper Hitman unlike the last one. The story missions are short, but as an overall package its great with the user generated contracts and the escalations. The elusive targets are really fun if you go in blind searching for the random npc target with no further information, more of these are coming into next year.

Hopefully we'll see more content for this next year seeing as it is now being billed as Season One.

Proper Hitman unlike the last one. The story missions are short, but as an overall package its great with the user generated contracts and the escalations. The elusive targets are really fun if you go in blind searching for the random npc target with no further information, more of these are coming into next year.

Hopefully we'll see more content for this next year seeing as it is now being billed as Season One.

Season 2 was confirmed, they also mentioned it would simply be added on to season ones install and not an entirely new package, which is good in a way as it saves them time and effort having to make something new.

Edit: There were the summer bonus missions and at the time they said there would be one further bonus mission which hasn't appeared yet, likely waiting for the disc release to issue it to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I cant decide. Was thinking rotr but loved titan fall 1 so was thinking maybe TF2. Then was thinking I've barely touched gears 4 multiplayer so should prob just stick with that and give the sales a miss. Now I'm thinking maybe something cheap and safe, like brothers or alone.

I'm a bit indecisive as you can tell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Linx Vision with Xbox controller. Views on whether this is still worth it at 99 sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

most reviews say it is excellent for streaming but obviously screen inst the best but at £99 I think its worth a punt..

Adverts. Donedeal your local things for sale page on Facebook the last one is the best I find for selling games consoles. AS it's full of mothers sbuying there kids xmess gifts.

Nust don't put it up for 150 euros or more as that's Ps4 Xbox one money. Just a heads up

Thanks... I've it up on a few of them for €80.

Gears of war 4 - E29.99 in Smyths.

• I picked up Just Cause 3 in the sale.
    Fun game however the performance is shocking bad at times
    Horribly optimized
    I'm running Xbox 1 S and assuming the game has gone through several patches

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I picked up Just Cause 3 in the sale.
    Fun game however the performance is shocking bad at times
    Horribly optimized
    I'm running Xbox 1 S and assuming the game has gone through several patches

Yah, it's pretty unacceptable really. Not sure how it got through cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got Dirt Rally in the sale. Brilliant game. Got Deus Ex, Far Cry Primal and Hitman too. Be rude not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just got Far Cry Primal. For a start

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

FC primal was great, really enjoyed it - better than 4 imo anyway though i liked 3 more.

• Advertisement

If I didn't like the first skate would there be any chance I'd like the 3rd one? (9.99 on XBL at the moment)

Loved the old Tony Hawk games but felt the first skate was too slow and I hated the camera angle right behind your skater.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement