Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Got Far Cry Primal & both Wolfenstein games for under € 30. Now all I have to do is play them. Got a few games in last year's sale, don't think I've even started some of those yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If I didn't like the first skate would there be any chance I'd like the 3rd one? (9.99 on XBL at the moment)

Loved the old Tony Hawk games but felt the first skate was too slow and I hated the camera angle right behind your skater.

I was the same as you I loved all the Tony Hawks games and got the first skate game and didn't like it either.

I watched some youtube videos of Skate 3 and it looks faster than the original. I would advise you to check them out as well just to see how it plays. There is online game modes as well in Skate 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I was the same as you I loved all the Tony Hawks games and got the first skate game and didn't like it either.

I watched some youtube videos of Skate 3 and it looks faster than the original. I would advise you to check them out as well just to see how it plays. There is online game modes as well in Skate 3.

JSYK, it'll be half price at the end of the week.

pcadhain wrote: »
    JSYK, it'll be half price at the end of the week.

Really? I thought it was on sale at the moment?

That was only a backwards compatible launch price. More offers will be live for the weekend, most likely Thursday evening. Some details here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Gears of war 4 is now 29.99 in Smyths - absolute bargain

pcadhain wrote: »
    That was only a backwards compatible launch price. More offers will be live for the weekend, most likely Thursday evening. Some details here :)

Daily deals from 25-28th , thats when they'll bring out the rest AAA stuff like Gears and Skyrim etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Daily deals from 25-28th , thats when they'll bring out the rest AAA stuff like Gears and Skyrim etc.

Gears and Forza Horizon 3 are up.

Gears is 40% off, I can't see the discount on regular Forza because I've the demo installed but the Ultimate Edition is 20% off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Gears and Forza Horizon 3 are up.

Gears is 40% off, I can't see the discount on regular Forza because I've the demo installed but the Ultimate Edition is 20% off.

Standard edition is 35% off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Standard edition is 35% off

€42 on the Irish Store now reduced from €70

(70-42)/70 x 100 is 40% isn't it :confused:

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    €42 on the Irish Store now reduced from €70

(70-42)/70 x 100 is 40% isn't it :confused:

Somehow, you're both correct! It's 40% in Ireland and 35% in Singapore. Singapore was the cheapest to buy at full price so it's got a smaller discount. Major Nelson did say something to the effect of different discounts in different regions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Haha, after me setting up a Deals on Foreign stores thread, I go and accidentally post one myself. I'm in the UK, so I work off that store, so technically it wasn't a foreign deal to me.....

I must admit, I'm struggling to avoid that Gears of War deal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haha, after me setting up a Deals on Foreign stores thread, I go and accidentally post one myself. I'm in the UK, so I work off that store, so technically it wasn't a foreign deal to me.....

I must admit, I'm struggling to avoid that Gears of War deal now.

Give yourself 5 lashes, stand facing the corner for 30 minutes and we'll call it quits. :D

Give yourself 5 lashes, stand facing the corner for 30 minutes and we'll call it quits. :D

Pfft, that's just a regular Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone know the best local spot of check for Xbox One 1tb S this Black Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone know the best local spot of check for Xbox One 1tb S this Black Friday ?

Best deals will most likely be Argos and Amazon. Some great deal online already for consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would they be expected to go down much in price on Friday?

Little fella is looking for a One S and the 500gb with BF1 for €299 in Argos or about €280 plus delivery online seems to be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are people really expecting much from Black Friday? I think the whole thing is a bit of a swizz, discounts on end of line products but not on premium stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Got an email from CDKeys
    Save over 50% on RRP for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition by using discount Code COD888OFF

I think it might be for PC though

• murpho999 wrote: »
    Are people really expecting much from Black Friday? I think the whole thing is a bit of a swizz, discounts on end of line products but not on premium stuff.

It's actually Black "Friweek"

A great way to ship out lots of rubbish tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got an email from CDKeys
    Save over 50% on RRP for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition by using discount Code COD888OFF

I think it might be for PC though

Yeah they dont have xbox versions, only PC and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

murpho999 wrote: »

bf1 and titanfall 2 deluxe are half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's actually Black "Friweek"

A great way to ship out lots of rubbish tbh

These online sales are a bit of a copout anyway. If everyone buys online, they'll be depriving me of such entertaining footage from the US like seeing nana get trampled in the rush to get a flatscreen tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Some alright deals but yes most are crap.

Picked up an UE Boom 2 speaker for £85 on Amazon, can be around €180 normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looking to pick up a couple of the flashy controllers for xmas gifts (pretty paint, not elite). Best prices I've seen are £42 on Amazon for one of the blues and £55 for one of the pink ones. Does that seem right? The 42 seems like a very good price to me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

hots wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a couple of the flashy controllers for xmas gifts (pretty paint, not elite). Best prices I've seen are £42 on Amazon for one of the blues and £55 for one of the pink ones. Does that seem right? The 42 seems like a very good price to me...

Argos??

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/37328807/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/3%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+controllers+and+steering%7C37328807.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Not from a shop but a guy on Adverts is selling the Copper Shadow ones for 49 if thats any use.

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-special-edition-copper-shadow-controller-brand-new-sealed/11817419

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/accessories/xbox-one/g51124-gears-of-war-4-official-wireless-controller-fenix

en-INTL-L-Microsoft-XboxOne-US-Can-Cntrlr-Flux-WL3-00006-mnco.jpg

44 quid delivered or 40 quid plus parcel motel, great price I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cheers for the replies lads, that Gears one is a great price! Was on chat with Microsoft there, they're US store is showing most of the controllers with paint jobs as being half price for black friday so I think I'll hold my breath for a couple of days and hope it makes it to the UK/Ire one (chat lady didn't know).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Apologies if already posted , The Division E15 with delivery...

https://t.co/jAm7A5HsOC

Going to the US in a couple of weeks - are physical discs region free?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement