Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Thanks but I'm not talking about downloading. I mean physically purchasing the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks but I'm not talking about downloading. I mean physically purchasing the disc.

No regional restrictions on games or dlc on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would they be expected to go down much in price on Friday?

Little fella is looking for a One S and the 500gb with BF1 for €299 in Argos or about €280 plus delivery online seems to be the best.

Just picked him up a 500gb with Battlefield and Gears 4 for €325 in Argos so prepare for the inevitable price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

yesterday I got a 1tb s with gears 4 and forza horizon 3 for €315 at littlewoods... pretty good

used a friend's account though. honestly you need to give them annual income etc when trying to buy something as a new user... went with the easy option!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Xbox One Games are region free. Amazing what google can do.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

murpho999 wrote: »
    Xbox One Games are region free. Amazing what google can do.;)

Not being a smart arse can do an awful lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

Elite Dangerous is available for 16 quid on the Xbox Store. Looks great for PC but does anyone have an opinion on it for console?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Elite Dangerous is available for 16 quid on the Xbox Store. Looks great for PC but does anyone have an opinion on it for console?

Yeah I play a lot of it on xbox and it's great, looks much the same as the PC version, though obviously you'd get better resolution/frame rates on PC.

Just to be aware, that version of the game doesn't have the Horizons expansion included so there'd be a fair few game features you wouldn't have access to, such as landing on some of the planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Anyone seen a deal anywhere (either Ireland/UK) for the elite?

My Day one is about to give up the ghost and really feel like i deserve an earlier xmas present
    Cheers
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

-Toppy- wrote: »

My Day one is about to give up the ghost and really feel like i deserve an earlier xmas present
    Cheers
    Toppy

Unless you are also after the pad there are better deals to be had on the One S, which is a faster, quieter machine and also supports 4k bluray and hdr if you have a compatible tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

sorry for going off topic but I just bought a new xbox one s... can I get dark souls / demon souls / red dead redemption on the xbox store?

I thought I heard old xbox games could be played on the xbox one...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers
    Toppy

Console or just the controller? I got my Elite console bundle from Argos for €250 a few weeks back but they don't seem to stock it on the website anymore. :(
    Unless you are also after the pad there are better deals to be had on the One S, which is a faster, quieter machine and also supports 4k bluray and hdr if you have a compatible tv.

Not according to Digital Foundry's video review, they said it was 'definitely louder' than the original Xbox which was one the reasons I was put off getting it. That and it was more expensive and I really wanted that controller, it's glorious. Anyway, not sure how easy it is to get the Elite anymore so maybe it's a moot point now. Everything else about the S does sound good if you have a tv to take advantage of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Call of Duty Legacy edition is €66.99 in Argos as of now.

http://checkargos.com/product/5576601

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

sticker wrote: »
    sorry for going off topic but I just bought a new xbox one s... can I get dark souls / demon souls / red dead redemption on the xbox store?

I thought I heard old xbox games could be played on the xbox one...

Not all 360 games can bbe played on the One. See the backwards compatibility list here: https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility
    I know for sure Red Dead is BC, as I'm playing it right now, got it for 15 euro in the current sale. For the others, check the list, or browse the XBox store on your console, as it will only show you BC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

This was posted over on Reddit

Microsoft.com Black Friday sale is now live
    Mad Max - $15
    Lego Jurassic World - $15
    Witcher 3 - $20
    PVZ 2 GW - $15
    Gear of War 4 - $30
    Recore - $15
    Battlefield 1 - $27
    FIFA 17 - $27
    NBA 2K17 - $27
    Madden 17 - $27
    NHL 17 - $35
    Mafia III - $30
    Battle born - $10
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst - $15
    Xcom 2 - $30
    Star Wars BF - $10
    Life is Strange - $10
    Doom - $15
    Fallout 4 - $15
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - $25
    Bioshock Collection - $30
    Star Wars BF Deluxe - $10
    GTA V - $25
    Transformers Devastation - $10
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $15
    Snoopy's Grand Adventure - $10
    Dark Souls 3 - $15
    One Piece Burning Blood - $20
    Naruto Storm 4 - $20
    Elder Scroll Online Gold Edition - $20
    Just Sing - $15
    Batman : Return to Arkham - $30
    Lego Marvel Avengers - $20
    Just Cause 3 - $15
    Batman Arkham Knight - $10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Doom and Recore for me, would have picked up mirrors edge but its in the vault of Ea access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dark Souls 3 is dirt cheap at $15, that's about €14.

That said I'm only about 60% through the first one, and have Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 SOFS still to play for shame. Think I'll wait to pick up the inevitable GOTY edition at a later stage for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that another new list of games added after the first two lots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Cheers
    Toppy

Got the Elite for 210 sterling last week from game UK (with Fallout 4) think it's back up in price but worth keeping an eye on their site.

If its the Elite Controller you are looking for, Amazon have it for £109

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not according to Digital Foundry's video review, they said it was 'definitely louder' than the original Xbox which was one the reasons I was put off getting it. That and it was more expensive and I really wanted that controller, it's glorious. Anyway, not sure how easy it is to get the Elite anymore so maybe it's a moot point now. Everything else about the S does sound good if you have a tv to take advantage of it. :)

I sit beside an S every day for 8 hours and it is 2 foot from my head. They are very quiet.

Dark Souls 3 is dirt cheap at $15, that's about €14.

That said I'm only about 60% through the first one, and have Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 SOFS still to play for shame. Think I'll wait to pick up the inevitable GOTY edition at a later stage for cheap.

I can't see the discount for DS3 on the Xbox ? Have a link?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't see the discount for DS3 on the Xbox ? Have a link?

I was referring to Max Mafioso's post earlier, I presume it is just for the US region for now so you may need to switch region to see it, haven't looked myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SodaAndSoap84

I was referring to Max Mafioso's post earlier, I presume it is just for the US region for now so you may need to switch region to see it, haven't looked myself.

Those US prices (well, at least in the case of BF1, which is the only one I checked) apply to disc versions, rather than downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

If its the Elite Controller you are looking for, Amazon have it for £109

There was a screenshot last night saying it's going to be 99 with a game (choice of 2) with Argos I think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

pm1977x wrote:
    There was a screenshot last night saying it's going to be 99 with a game (choice of 2) with Argos I think it was?

Yeah gears 4 being 1. In store only tho. No sign of any deal in Irish stores yet

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

pm1977x wrote: »

Now we are talking!! ;)

Feck, that would be excellent, think that would push me over the verge into finally getting one. Brother is coming for a few days over Christmas so a second controller and EA Access would be handy for some FIFA etc.

On the off chance that someone is able to reserve it for that offer in Dublin, could you reserve 1 for me too please?
    I will try to get it myself but you know how it is with work and calls coming in

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah gears 4 being 1. In store only tho. No sign of any deal in Irish stores yet

Is that deal in Argos Ireland or the UK? I didn't see any screenshot last night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement