Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is that deal in Argos Ireland or the UK? I didn't see any screenshot last night?

Argos UK I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ReCore is actually only €19 in Argos for anyone who'd prefer a disk version.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/5652910

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

FYI Amazon are now price matching on the Xbox controllers (black, white and blue) for £35 (need to sign up to the prime trial). I had jumped at £40 yesterday but Amazon refunded and let me reorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not according to Digital Foundry's video review, they said it was 'definitely louder' than the original Xbox
    Don't know how they came to that conclusion. I'd an original XB1 and switched to an XB1S. They XB1S doesn't make a peep in comparison, it's so quiet... and that would be the anecdotal consensus afaik...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Don't know how they came to that conclusion. I'd an original XB1 and switched to an XB1S. They XB1S doesn't make a peep in comparison, it's so quiet... and that would be the anecdotal consensus afaik...

Because there was a batch of consoles that came out with noisy fans. My brand new Xbox One S is definitely louder than my original One, but you can only hear it when there's no sound coming from the TV, so it's not something that bothers me. I'll keep an ear on it, but I'd say for most people the One S is totally silent, and if it's not, and it bothers you, then return it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

The Elite is nice and quiet (except when installing a disc when it sounds like it's coming apart!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yup, the s is louder than either of the normal one or the elite i have now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say, I have the one s and the young lad has the one and the one s is quieter. Maybe thats down to the shelving etc I have mine on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I have to say, I have the one s and the young lad has the one and the one s is quieter. Maybe thats down to the shelving etc I have mine on.

It's a manufacturing defect. Microsoft will exchange a noisy Xbox One S, no questions asked, so it's definitely something they're aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Wow! I must have got lucky.
    I have a 2TB launch model, and it's virtually silent.
    Like I said, lucky I guess :)

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's a manufacturing defect. Microsoft will exchange a noisy Xbox One S, no questions asked, so it's definitely something they're aware of.

Guess Im one of the lucky ones so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ffs, hurry up and be cheap Skyrim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I didnt notice if my S was loud since my laptop sounds like a Boeing about to take off and can be heard 2 floors down from my room! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I didnt notice if my S was loud since my laptop sounds like a Boeing about to take off and can be heard 2 floors down from my room! :/

Sounds like you need to clean the intake for the fan. Usually builds up a wall of dust/hair.

I tried to take it apart but it looks like the damn thing is glued together.
    Took all the screws out, seperated everything but it still wouldnt come apart, had an "expert" take a look and they couldnt do it either.
    I've had it about 10 years now and I rarely use it since everything is on my phone and I have the tablet but it is handy for certain things at times. I guess I'm due a new one soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »

Yeah, the build quality in the initial batch was questionable to say the least. Not every console in the batch of course, but some were duds

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ffs, hurry up and be cheap Skyrim!

Is it confirmed that there'll be a sale on it? Was going to get it for half-price in the PS4 sale, but would prefer it on Xbox with the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was able to get the Re-Core for $15 deal from the Microsoft store. Didn't need any messing about switching accounts or using VPN, just paid it with paypal and they emailed the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

2tb portable hard drive in Argos at €66.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=+5988990&authToken=

That's the cheapest I've seen them here ye and I have three of them

amadablam wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=+5988990&authToken=

Have a 4TB on order from Amazon at £99 but not in stock for a week

• Advertisement

pm1977x wrote: »
    Have a 4TB on order from Amazon at £99 but not in stock for a week

Personally, I'd rather 2 x 2tb drives over one 4tb on the grounds that if one fails, you still have something left. Up to yourself though but the Argos price is very good.

Cousin sent me this earlier
    K13P2

I text him asking how, where, help! No reply
    He then texts me 5 minutes ago to say it was a trial and not the actual game! Fecker!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

amadablam wrote: »

I ordered for collection/reserved it. Got the email but no reservation number, also when I clicked to reserve it brought me to a page that said I didnt purchase it or something to that effect.

Anyone else get that? Not get a reservation number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone come across any deals for cheaper end mic headsets that are an improvement on the ones the X1 came with?

ps. I have the later version joypad that can take a standard headphone socket.

It just doesn't work with any of the phone mic headsets I have.

I ordered for collection/reserved it. Got the email but no reservation number, also when I clicked to reserve it brought me to a page that said I didnt purchase it or something to that effect.

Anyone else get that? Not get a reservation number?

Their system gets like this when they are updating prices and stock for sales.

Print the email, they will honor the price for you usually.

The mobile app just gave me a few reservations on other items so you could try that too. Generally the staff will help you when you get to the till with your screen grab or print off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

From HDUK, Elite is back in MS UK store for £199

Ooooh.....do i go for this or see if there are deals on an S tomorrow....???? Dont have a 4k telly and wont be getting one anytime soon...

Er..can you buy stuff off the uk store from here? billing address has this uneditable:
    Country/region
    United Kingdom

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone come across any deals for cheaper end mic headsets that are an improvement on the ones the X1 came with?

ps. I have the later version joypad that can take a standard headphone socket.

It just doesn't work with any of the phone mic headsets I have.

Depends on your definition of 'cheaper end'. HyperX CloudX Pro down to £58.98 on Amazon, that's about €70 or so. Seems to get good reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FY6FB30/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=SKDTW1QNMBZW&coliid=I29U0WL6JKNPKA

Scruff wrote: »

Ooooh.....do i go for this or see if there are deals on an S tomorrow....???? Dont have a 4k telly and wont be getting one anytime soon...

Er..can you buy stuff off the uk store from here? billing address has this uneditable:
    Country/region
    United Kingdom

I got around this before by going on Live Chat and explaining the issue - took quite a while but got there in the end with them taking details over the phone.

Scruff wrote: »

Country/region
    United Kingdom

Its showing as out of stock already anyway so you as well wait.

Parcel motel might be worth trying, although I vaguely remember someone having problems using that with tesco UK but I think they got around it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

This was posted over on Reddit

Microsoft.com Black Friday sale is now live

Gta seems to be $35.99 on the usa store?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement