Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can Microsoft credit only be used in digital games or can it be used to order controllers too ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Tinie wrote: »
    Im pretty sure that offer is cancelled right now.

was working last wekk, i got a 10 euro voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

km79 wrote: »
    Can Microsoft credit only be used in digital games or can it be used to order controllers too ?

Only works for games, cant get a controller with it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Only works for games, cant get a controller with it

Thought that
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's like Piccadilly Circus in here :)

Recore for that price has broken my resistance. The backlog grows...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just for anyone that is looking for Xbox Live, Amazon has the 12 months with the FIFA 17 DLC for £24.99 back in stock. Even if you don't have Fifa 17 you can give to a friend.

I got the code for Xbox Live but I cant redeem it, keeps saying there is an error and to try again later, I have been trying again later for the past 2 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's like Piccadilly Circus in here :)

Recore for that price has broken my resistance. The backlog grows...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I got the code for Xbox Live but I cant redeem it, keeps saying there is an error and to try again later, I have been trying again later for the past 2 hours :(

Both website and console? What is the error code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bought from Amazon? I followed the Redeem code link from the Amazon page and it errored on me also - but I then got an email from MS saying my live sub had been extended by a year. Maybe check your linked email address?

• Advertisement

I was able to redeem the Xbox live codes on the Xbox website going directly to xbox.com , I entered 1 code at 8am today, I got another Xbox Live earlier with FIFA 17, I did it on the Xbox itself (didn't try on the website) worked ok for me,

Any discounts on Xbox Credit and/or Fifa points?

I tried the app and the website, even tried changing country but no luck.

I tried the app and the website, even tried changing country but no luck.

Maybe you already have 3 years of Xbox live active? I think you can only stack 2 over the existing active sub.

Other than that maybe try on a friends PC or similar, could be something to do with your internet provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

nava wrote: »
    Just for anyone that is looking for Xbox Live, Amazon has the 12 months with the FIFA 17 DLC for £24.99 back in stock. Even if you don't have Fifa 17 you can give to a friend.
    Sweet, works out at 30ish Euro which is fantastic price even without the dlc. I went for the gow4 dark omen gnasher skin dlc, as if anyone stops to look at the colour of your gun 😀

I hate that I have to renew my sub this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Yeah, this was a funny one alright.

I ordered from a desktop PC.

I followed the redeem code link, and it tried to apply it straight to my XBL account.

I didn't want this, as I had bought it for my daughter.

So, logged out of my XBL account and logged her account in. Copied and pasted the code into the redeem code area, but nothing would happen....it wouldn't recognize it.

So, went back to the email again and followed the redeem code link while her XBL account was still logged in, and it applied.

I know this is of no help really, sorry, but there's definitely something a bit funny with it.

I thought that but had a look at my account before ordering and it says I am due to renew in April 2017
    I'll give it a day or 2 and try again

Worked ok for me using the Xbox app

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Copied and pasted the code into the redeem code area, but nothing would happen....it wouldn't recognize it.

I was worried at this point too. You have to press enter after copying and pasting. Not something that's immediately obvious especially via a smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Check your account and see when your subscription would be renewed. Got the error repeatedly, but the account showed the code has actually been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yeah, this was a funny one alright.

I ordered from a desktop PC.

I followed the redeem code link, and it tried to apply it straight to my XBL account.

I didn't want this, as I had bought it for my daughter.

So, logged out of my XBL account and logged her account in. Copied and pasted the code into the redeem code area, but nothing would happen....it wouldn't recognize it.

So, went back to the email again and followed the redeem code link while her XBL account was still logged in, and it applied.

I know this is of no help really, sorry, but there's definitely something a bit funny with it.

The Store was acting up a bit last night as well, id say anyone who's in trouble should just keep trying.

also, its possible to redeem codes on commerce.microsoft.com as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Gears of War 4 with all the previous games (4 in total) is 24 Sterling on Amazon. Got that along with a copy of the ultimate version of MGS. My mate was up in Newry and got me a copy of TitanFall 2 for 26 and BF1 for 30.

GoW4 is €28 in argos today: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5654042/Trail/searchtext%3EGEARS+OF+WAR+4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I thought that but had a look at my account before ordering and it says I am due to renew in April 2017

Happened me last night - followed the redeem link from withing the Amazon and app and didn't work. Tried on xbox.com and didn't work. Checked email and billing had emailed to day service had been extended. Problem was that the initial attempt on the app worked after all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

thanks for that guys, live sub now to october 2018...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Do you have any payment instruments attached to your account?

Yeah I have my Paypal and CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just realised my xbox live subscription is up on Dec 7th. Feck. How much does the 12 month Amazon deal work out at in euros does anyone know? Spent far too much on games this week. I've learnt that the saying, 'resistance is futile' is actually true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Just realised my xbox live subscription is up on Dec 7th. Feck. How much does the 12 month Amazon deal work out at in euros does anyone know? Spent far too much on games this week. I've learnt that the saying, 'resistance is futile' is actually true :(

Around €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

The Store was acting up a bit last night as well, id say anyone who's in trouble should just keep trying.

also, its possible to redeem codes on commerce.microsoft.com as well.

Cannot redeem mine either. I have had a live chat with XBL and they said they are having a lot of issue with prepaid codes right now and to try again in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Minecraft S bundle + free controller for £205 on amazon
    Took the plunge at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Just bought 12 months from Amazon and have had no joy redeeming it anywhere. Some pain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement