Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭BenK

dunworth1 wrote: »
    they don't have to honour it until they have taken the actual money from your account

Kinda thought that alright, will have to wait and see so! Money is shown as pending coming out of my account at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dunworth1 wrote: »
    they don't have to honour it until they have taken the actual money from your account

Not even then, they can refund. Once they send it and you have it that completes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Still there in the list of bundles but can't add to basket. Pity as they have an offer on for 20% off buy now pay later for new customers, i'm not familiar with how that works but presume you can buy it then pay it off straight away with no interest? Would be only 230 or so if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Still there in the list of bundles but can't add to basket. Pity as they have an offer on for 20% off buy now pay later for new customers, i'm not familiar with how that works but presume you can buy it then pay it off straight away with no interest? Would be only 230 or so if that was the case.

Did that 20% count for consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did that 20% count for consoles?

Ah, knew there must be a catch. I see now it says it excludes "discounted and sale items", "personal audio, electronic gaming, computing and mobile phones".

Pretty odd exclusions, what counts as personal audio? Computing is a vague enough term as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Early December Sale Via Xbox Store
    Xbox One:
    Game Price % Off
    Battlefield 1 USD 40.19 33%
    Battlefield 1 - Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle USD 89.99 40%
    Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition USD 53.59 33%
    Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition USD 103.99 20%
    Dark Souls III USD 47.99 20%
    Dark Souls III - Deluxe Edition USD 67.99 20%
    Dishonored 2 USD 49.79 17%
    Doom USD 30.00 50%
    Doom Digital Deluxe USD 50.00 50%
    Doom Season Pass USD 23.99 40%
    Fallout 4 USD 30.00 50%
    Fallout 4 Digital Deluxe Bundle USD 55.00 50%
    Fallout 4 Season Pass USD 29.99 40%
    FIFA 17 Deluxe Edition USD 47.99 40%
    FIFA 17 Standard Edition USD 35.99 40%
    FIFA 17 Super Deluxe Edition USD 69.99 30%
    Firewatch USD 11.99 40%
    Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition USD 44.99 25%
    Hyper Light Drifter USD 13.39 33%
    Inside USD 13.39 33%
    Killer Instinct: Season 3 Ultra Edition USD 20.00 50%
    Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens USD 34.99 30%
    Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition USD 38.99 35%
    Mafia III USD 41.99 30%
    Mafia III Deluxe Edition USD 51.99 35%
    NBA 2K17 USD 41.99 30%
    NBA 2K17 Legend Edition USD 51.99 35%
    NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Gold USD 59.99 40%
    Overcooked: Gourmet Edition USD 14.40 33%
    Overwatch: Origins Edition USD 40.19 33%
    Oxenfree USD 10.00 50%
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 - Digital Exclusive USD 38.99 35%
    The Banner Saga 2 USD 15.99 20%
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition USD 40.19 33%
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition USD 40.19 33%
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood And Wine USD 14.99 25%
    The Witness USD 26.79 33%
    Titanfall 2 USD 35.99 40%
    Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition USD 47.99 40%
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege USD 25.00 50%
    Worms Anniversary Edition USD 41.64 30%
    Xcom 2 USD 38.99 35%
    Xcom 2 Digital Deluxe Edition USD 44.99 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Early December Sale Via Xbox Store

Oxenfree, Firewatch and the witness for me I think.

was hoping for superhot, but you can't win em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Saw this posted on the Argos thread - not sure if its already been put here:

Dark Souls III - €19.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Thinking of picking up Doom for some fast-twitch, single-player action. Does anyone know if the Deluxe edition is worth getting if I'm only going to be playing offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just wondering if any 12 Month Gold Subs going cheap anywhere? Cheers guys.

• Advertisement

Thinking of picking up Doom for some fast-twitch, single-player action. Does anyone know if the Deluxe edition is worth getting if I'm only going to be playing offline?

No all the DLC is multiplayer focused and it's not that busy a game in terms of the online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Standard version is €18.99 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5325137/Trail/searchtext%3EDOOM.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Just wondering if any 12 Month Gold Subs going cheap anywhere? Cheers guys.

I think CDkeys is the cheapest, don't forget to use the facebook discount code for 5%. Pity you missed them on Amazon over the weekend for about €30

@Max are those the deals associated with the Game Awards tonight :confused:

If not stay tuned as there was a great sale during those last year, and Major Nelson has mentioned as much on his blog today.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just get the basic edition, campaign is meant to be brilliant, multiplayer awful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just get the basic edition, campaign is meant to be brilliant, multiplayer awful.

Yeah, I started the campaign last night and Im loving it so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mickeroo wrote: »

Picked up the basic edition and enjoying the hour or two of campaign i've played.

Feels very fast by modern standards, great music. Will get the blood pumping pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Doom to be has to be one of the best FPS I have ever played up there with shadow worror and the new order as just stupid fun with over the top action story you name it.

I wish there was more FPS like the to me there what video games are about stupid fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Doom to be has to be one of the best FPS I have ever played up there with shadow worror and the new order as just stupid fun with over the top action story you name it.

I wish there was more FPS like the to me there what video games are about stupid fun.

Yeah, doom was instantly fun. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

@Max are those the deals associated with the Game Awards tonight :confused:

If not stay tuned as there was a great sale during those last year, and Major Nelson has mentioned as much on his blog today.

Dont know, seen it on Reddit and there was no mention of the awards

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Didnt like Doom at first, probably because its a big change from the FPS norm of late, but an hour or so in and I started to love it. Just after arriving in
    HELL
    and itching to play more.

BenK wrote: »
    Kinda thought that alright, will have to wait and see so! Money is shown as pending coming out of my account at the moment...

Littlewoods didn't honour that €289,99 deal anyway, says on my account that the order is cancelled with no explanation given!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Littlewoods didn't honour that €289,99 deal anyway, says on my account that the order is cancelled with no explanation given!

I got a confirmation for the order just now.

In the interests of fairness to Littlewoods, they are actually going to honour the order. After talking to someone there, apparently it was cancelled due to my home address being entered as a work address when making the order...

I will have to pay the now current price for the bundle (€479,99 for 1 TB XBox One S with Fifa 17, GOW4, extra controller and 12 months Live subscription!) but will get the refund in the difference. I just have to ring them when I have received the order to do that. Decent of them to honour the deal though, delighted with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

In the interests of fairness to Littlewoods, they are actually going to honour the order. After talking to someone there, apparently it was cancelled due to my home address being entered as a work address when making the order...

I will have to pay the now current price for the bundle (€479,99 for 1 TB XBox One S with Fifa 17, GOW4, extra controller and 12 months Live subscription!) but will get the refund in the difference. I just have to ring them when I have received the order to do that. Decent of them to honour the deal though, delighted with that!

Never had a problem with them got my Xbox One off them when it was on sale 2 years ago and got a ps4 on sale 2. Had a problem with the Xbox controller got it refunded no problem but also found out the same time, since its being bought from England you only get 1 year guarantee from Microsoft if Xbox breaks down, but deal in Ireland is your covered for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

500gb Fifa 17 Xbox One S bundle with Forza Horizon 3, Fallout 4 and a 2 month Now TV Sky Cinema pass for £230 on game.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you think a XBox One S with 2 controllers, FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3 and Halo Master Chief Collection and Warcraft Blu Ray is a good deal at €319?
    http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_xbox-one-s-sparket-xbox-one-konsolen-2190161.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you think a XBox One S with 2 controllers, FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3 and Halo Master Chief Collection and Warcraft Blu Ray is a good deal at €319?
    http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_xbox-one-s-sparket-xbox-one-konsolen-2190161.html

Seems ok. Do you know the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You can get master cheif collection for around a fiver, the other games are full €60 though, I would recommend especially if it's the 1tb version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's the 500GB version. Brother in Germany looking to get one so he was asking me about that offer in the store over there. I figure even with Forza, FIFA and second controller coming to at least €150, you're getting the console for €169

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement