Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Halo wars 2 season pass is currently free

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-season-pass/9nblggh4080x

Probably error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Tinie wrote: »
    Halo wars 2 season pass is currently free

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-season-pass/9nblggh4080x

Probably error
    Pretty sure it was considering they've taken it down now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Got a confirmation email from littlewoods to say my order has shipped, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Got a confirmation email from littlewoods to say my order has shipped, happy days

Yeah mines dispatched too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rorok wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was considering they've taken it down now

Will be buying the Ultimate Edition myself anyway, extra €20 over the standard version digitally for the season pass, 4 days early access and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition for Win10 and Xbox One native. Well worth the extra unlike other UEs I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

nava wrote: »
    I think CDkeys is the cheapest, don't forget to use the facebook discount code for 5%. Pity you missed them on Amazon over the weekend for about €30

Anyone having issues with CDkeys. My last 5/6 Xbox live subs have been through them.

But got one today and Xbox live won't accept it. Says the error has been recorded they will investigate it. Won't accept it on the console or website.

No one else complaining online about Xbox live store or subscriptions being down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with CDkeys. My last 5/6 Xbox live subs have been through them.

But got one today and Xbox live won't accept it. Says the error has been recorded they will investigate it. Won't accept it on the console or website.

No one else complaining online about Xbox live store or subscriptions being down.

Maybe you've stacked 3 Xbox live already, that's what was wrong with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What's the error code? Should be bottom left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I bought a 12 month one the other day and it works fine. It's not stacked.

Maybe you've stacked 3 Xbox live already, that's what was wrong with mine

Nope. My existing sub expired last week. Don't have Gold at the moment.

What's the error code? Should be bottom left.

Sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.

XboxSubscriptionsInvalidSubscriptionStatus
    IjCSUbst + EuobaCF.24.8

XBOS-3013
    6233dc8a-f0d0-4295-830e-b0c573dbff60

I emailed CDKeys and they got back last night saying the code is fine. They recommended contacting MS chat online but I can't get that to work on any browser. I enter all the details and then once I hit 'start chat' it hangs.

• Advertisement

Crap.

Got through to MS Support chat:

"The code doesn't show any details of where it was originally created or on what region is it compatible too. Usually, this can be bypass on the Xbox One console by changing the console's locale and language to the same one the code was originally made for.
    Majority of the codes sold by online retailers are made for US and UK. But I believe the one you got it from is not one of the 2 regions mentioned.
    "

They said that if I can't tell where the code was purchased I won't be able to activate it. Hasn't happened to me before with CD keys. Have sent them an email there asking for a new code or a refund :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Crap.

Got through to MS Support chat:

"The code doesn't show any details of where it was originally created or on what region is it compatible too. Usually, this can be bypass on the Xbox One console by changing the console's locale and language to the same one the code was originally made for.
    Majority of the codes sold by online retailers are made for US and UK. But I believe the one you got it from is not one of the 2 regions mentioned.
    "

They said that if I can't tell where the code was purchased I won't be able to activate it. Hasn't happened to me before with CD keys. Have sent them an email there asking for a new code or a refund :(

Nothing to worry about. CDkeys will issue you with a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks to whoever posted the link for Dark Souls 3 from Argos for €20.

Reserved it the other day, checked online this morning and it was back up to €54 but in fairness to Argos they didn't argue once I showed them the confirmation email, result! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

pm1977x wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever posted the link for Dark Souls 3 from Argos for €20.

Reserved it the other day, checked online this morning and it was back up to €54 but in fairness to Argos they didn't argue once I showed them the confirmation email, result! :)

Payled the first one and got 100% achievements, still have the 2nd one at home, the game destroys so much of your will power haha

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

For anyone who missed out on Dark Souls III in Argos, Amazon have it for £17

Nothing to worry about. CDkeys will issue you with a new one.

Nope. They didn't do anything other than refund it.

Which is good in one way. But means I won't be buying Xbox live tags from them again.

Nope. They didn't do anything other than refund it.

Which is good in one way. But means I won't be buying Xbox live tags from them again.
    Well, a refund is great.

There are bound to be faulty code every now and then. They probably just haven't a process set up for reissuing codes.

Like I said nothing to worry about. Loads of us here have been buying Xbox Live subscriptions and games off CDKEYS for many years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I don't think its acceptable for an online retailer to be selling dodgy codes, refund or not.

I find you'll always get what you're looking for just as cheap from a more reputable retailer. For example, you've just missed out on a 12 month sub from Amazon for 30eur.

qrx wrote: »
    I don't think its acceptable for an online retailer to be selling dodgy codes, refund or not.

I find you'll always get what you're looking for just as cheap from a more reputable retailer. For example, you've just missed out on a 12 month sub from Amazon for 30eur.

CDkeys don't sell dodgy keys.

They like many reputable online retailers take less margin on their products to compete with the bigger guys in the market.

This is the first year I can remember that Amazon/Xbox have ran a significant discount on Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

I am after buying the 12 month code off them no problems.

I once bought a code for a ps4 game and missed the clear warning in the description that it was only for us accounts. In fairness to CD Keys they refunded me no hassle, they do look after you the rare dodgy code is likely to slip though.

• Advertisement

It's also good to remember there is a difference between a defective key and a dodgy key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

It's also good to remember there is a difference between a defective key and a dodgy key.
    The key wasn't defective.  There was no way of telling what region it came from, making it useless.  Or you could say dodgy.
    I've nothing against what they are trying to do, I'm just pointing out it's very easy to find bargains.  you don't even have to venture that far, argos for example are very competitive for games, MS store always has bargains when you shop around different regions and a load of us on here have just snapped up live on amazon for 30eur.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Bought my live code off cdkeys about 3 weeks ago with no issues at all in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The key wasn't defective.  There was no way of telling what region it came from, making it useless.  Or you could say dodgy.
    I've nothing against what they are trying to do, I'm just pointing out it's very easy to find bargains.  you don't even have to venture that far, argos for example are very competitive for games, MS store always has bargains when you shop around different regions and a load of us on here have just snapped up live on amazon for 30eur.

Are Xbox codes not all region free for Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Bought my live code off cdkeys about 3 weeks ago with no issues at all in fairness.

Same me and the brother never had any issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know the cheapest place for hard copies of FIFA 17 and NBA 2K17, pre-owned or new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Anyone know the cheapest place for hard copies of FIFA 17 and NBA 2K17, pre-owned or new.

Are you looking for hard copy or download?

I think Amazon and Cdkeys (only download) will have cheapest options for new games, also try simplygames, hmv, etc as they mught have them on offer.

For 2nd hand, Adverts.ie or ebay, also CEX or GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I did too. They had an offer on for a few days that the likes of CDKeys can't compete with. CDKeys are consistently cheaper than most other retailers in the market, year round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dodgy codes?
    i don't understand what you are saying here cd keys are a reputable seller

I've been using cdkeys for years never once had an issue.

i bought a 50 euro Xbox live credit for my nephew in Gamestop about two years ago and when he tried to use it wouldn't redeem it was an absolute nightmare trying to get a replacement code from GameStop I even had to get an email from Microsoft stating that the code was invalid after that i said i was never buying credit in GS again.

above cdkeys refunded it easily enough without much hassle you can't really ask for any more really. the amazon deal is the first time I've every seen a big retailer cheaper then cdkeys of similar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement