Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Lads,

I may have set the cat amongst the pigeons here inadvertently. CDKeys refunded the code immediately and as I said, I've used them without issue many times.

So previous to this, the last purchase I made was 26 Nov on the Xbox store. My PayPal account is saved and I bought Battlefront in the sale for fifteen quid.

On Thursday by Xbox gold expired (a three month voucher from CDkeys). So I bought another and as discussed, it wouldn't work.

But now I'm in a bit of difficulty - I can't pay or use any voucher code. I've tried to buy gold membership with both my PayPal account and my credit car directly. Same issues. On with Ms support yesterday morning and they said it was PayPal. So i removed it and added my credit card directly. No dice.

Onto them last night and they said Xbox live was having issues. Checked the Xbox live website and yeah, they were having issues.

Website says all resolved today.

Tried again this evening and same issues - 'there's a problem on our end. Try again later'.

So I can't buy live membership with a code, PayPal or credit card now and MS support are utterly clueless.

quad_red wrote: »
    Lads,

I may have set the cat amongst the pigeons here inadvertently. CDKeys refunded the code immediately and as I said, I've used them without issue many times.

So previous to this, the last purchase I made was 26 Nov on the Xbox store. My PayPal account is saved and I bought Battlefront in the sale for fifteen quid.

On Thursday by Xbox gold expired (a three month voucher from CDkeys). So I bought another and as discussed, it wouldn't work.

But now I'm in a bit of difficulty - I can't pay or use any voucher code. I've tried to buy gold membership with both my PayPal account and my credit car directly. Same issues. On with Ms support yesterday morning and they said it was PayPal. So i removed it and added my credit card directly. No dice.

Onto them last night and they said Xbox live was having issues. Checked the Xbox live website and yeah, they were having issues.

Website says all resolved today.

Tried again this evening and same issues - 'there's a problem on our end. Try again later'.

So I can't buy live membership with a code, PayPal or credit card now and MS support are utterly clueless.

Gold privileges can be shared now on the one so you could buy using another account, not sure how that will affect your games with gold games though as they need an active gold sub to work but I've no idea if that has to be the account they are tied to.

Did you use online chat thing or call them? I'd call them in the morning to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Im not sure if you saying you have a code now or not? Or you cant buy a code?

I had a problem with my code this time around. I bought it from Amazon & got it fast. But when i put it in via PC using windows web browser it would not work. Tried it again and i was getting some sort of error.

After a few mins i tried it on another browser this time Chrome. And it worked and no more error.

If anyone is having a problem try a different web browser. It might resolve your problem if lucky like i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are Xbox codes not all region free for Live?

All gold codes are region free. Currency codes must go on an account with the correct currency.

OP, that error code isn't an invalid region code, you get a plain text message if you have a region mismatch. Not sure why support said it's the wrong region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

dunworth1 wrote: »
    dodgy codes?
    i don't understand what you are saying here cd keys are a reputable seller

Guy bought a code and it didn't work. That's what I mean by dodgy. Not sure why its so difficult to understand.

I'm not bashing cd keys. I'm saying there's plenty of other places to get bargains. Someone sells me a dodgy code and I shop elsewhere.

There's no need to be jumping to their defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

qrx wrote: »
    Guy bought a code and it didn't work. That's what I mean by dodgy. Not sure why its so difficult to understand.

I'm not bashing cd keys. I'm saying there's plenty of other places to get bargains. Someone sells me a dodgy code and I shop elsewhere.

Yes, the CDkeys code didn't work. But I tried one from Amazon now and that won't work. And neither will PayPal or credit card direct on the Xbox store. Or via browser (chrome or edge).

Something has broken in my account and MS support are clueless to how to fix it.

Looking back, I think the region stuff was just bull**** as they were looking for a reason to blame me/someone else.

Yes, the CDkeys code didn't work. But I tried one from Amazon now and that won't work. And neither will PayPal or credit card direct on the Xbox store. Or via browser (chrome or edge).

Something has broken in my account and MS support are clueless to how to fix it.

Looking back, I think the region stuff was just bull**** as they were looking for a reason to blame me/someone else.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I take back what I said so, they not sell dodgy codes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any bargains going lads, or did I wonder into the wrong thread? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

qrx wrote: »

my definition of dodgy key is an illegally acquired key
    i think thats where the misunderstanding is happening
    i not running to cdkeys defence i just dont want people to stop using them because they think its a dodgy site after one guy who now it seems has an issue with his account rather then an issue with the key from cdkeys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From the number of complaints recently, it sounds like something went drastically wrong on Microsofts back end. Perhaps too many people jumped on the deals and the key generator couldn't keep up or something, because those complaints about keys not working have been coming from everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

check out this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5glf92/tech_unable_to_redeem_my_12_month_subscription/

also....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Call Of Duty Infinity War is currently £27 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

pcadhain wrote: »
    Call Of Duty Infinity War is currently £27 on Amazon

:D

NvPjT

:p

Recore for $20

Today only (USA time).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Received my littlewood bundle today - 289 for a 1TB Xbox Fifa 17 Bundle, a extra controller, Gears of War 4 and 12 month gold. Was more than a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Would have been all over that, unbelievable deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€69.44 for Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition on CDKeys using their 5% off Facebook code.

This includes the season pass and Halo Wars:Definitive Edition, pity you won't get the code until the release of HW2 instead of December 20th when HW:DE becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just picked up Alien Isolation for €12 in CEX

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Corvo wrote: »
    Just picked up Alien Isolation for €12 in CEX

For anyone interested Gamestop are selling this for 9.99 new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jonnycivic wrote: »
    For anyone interested Gamestop are selling this for 9.99 new.

great game! that's worthy of its own thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Xbox One S official stand in Argos for €18.99 -
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5709894.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Xbox One S official stand in Argos for €18.99 -
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5709894.htm

Not really a bargain - has been that price for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Cheapest place to get new wireless Xbox one controller ?
    White on Amazon at 34.99 Sterling prob the best ?

Bought it and it still hasn't arrived
    Was due to arrive dec 5th
    No tracking info available

First time this has ever happened with amazon

km79 wrote: »
    Bought it and it still hasn't arrived
    Was due to arrive dec 5th
    No tracking info available

First time this has ever happened with amazon
    Seems you got stuck with an Ascendia shipment, get onto Amazon Customer Services and they will send another one.

Sucks when that happens. No tracking on free shipping via Ascendia, but there is when shipped via An Post. Don't know why they still haven't cancelled the contract with Ascendia due to their incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Anyone ever use G2A for buying games? I seen the master chief collection for around 7 euro. Just wondering if its trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone ever use G2A for buying games? I seen the master chief collection for around 7 euro. Just wondering if its trustworthy

probably grand but i'd sooner by from cdkeys myself. essentially the same price.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

Dont use G2A, they are known for letting people sell stolen keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dont use G2A, they are known for letting people sell stolen keys.

CDkeys are just as dodgy IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    CDkeys are just as dodgy IMO...

What's that based on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement