Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Haven't seen a peep about an xmas sale on live from MS this year Normally we'd have a trailer and the daily deals would be imminent and the PS one is in full swing. They did nothing for cyber monday either .

Last year, the sale was advertised on the 18th and active from the 22nd. It's only the 15th now and if anyone is getting an Xbox for Christmas, it's only fair for everyone to be able to access the sales then. As for the PS sale in "full swing", it's only a game every second day that new console owners in 10 days time won't get to avail of. And the prices are much like the ones from 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

pcadhain wrote: »
    Last year, the sale was advertised on the 18th and active from the 22nd. It's only the 15th now and if anyone is getting an Xbox for Christmas, it's only fair for everyone to be able to access the sales then. As for the PS sale in "full swing", it's only a game every second day that new console owners in 10 days time won't get to avail of. And the prices are much like the ones from 3 weeks ago.

Hoping for titanfall 2, was gonna go for it on PS4 as it was only €30 so hopefully MS match that at least as all my friends are on playing it on xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Hoping for titanfall 2, was gonna go for it on PS4 as it was only €30 so hopefully MS match that at least as all my friends are on playing it on xbox

Titanfall 2 is epic, up there for game of the year I reckon. Get it for 40 in Argos, but hopefully it'll go cheaper for people in a sale. Worth every penny, fantastic companion and multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 is epic, up there for game of the year I reckon. Get it for 40 in Argos, but hopefully it'll go cheaper for people in a sale. Worth every penny, fantastic companion and multiplayer.

Yeah I loved the first one but I am god awful at multiplayer so single player campaign was really enticing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Amazon selling £30 of Xbox credit for £25.90 for some reason

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0186LLF58/?tag=ho01f-21

Think we can use that fine just changing region on xbox.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tinie wrote: »
    Amazon selling £30 of Xbox credit for £25.90 for some reason

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0186LLF58/?tag=ho01f-21

Think we can use that fine just changing region on xbox.com

It says item is unavailable for me?

edit: I have to change my address to uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If you checkout with Paypal on purchases on cdkeys and use the code CDKEYSPP10 you get a discount
    Just seen they have the 12 Mont hXbox Live down to about €37 before the discount if anyone is looking to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

If you checkout with Paypal on purchases on cdkeys and use the code CDKEYSPP10 you get a discount
    Just seen they have the 12 Mont hXbox Live down to about €37 before the discount if anyone is looking to get it

That is a good price. Amazon during the sale a few weeks back I could get it for €30.

Is Xbox live worth keeping? I'm just doing it for the free games. I don't play online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I'll be honest, when I first got my Xbox, I wasn't interested in Xbox Live.
    My thinking was, why should I have to pay a subscription to play games online when I am already paying for Broadband.
    I also had no interest in playing games online, i was happy with my offline gaming, this was on the 360.
    My best friend got me an Xbox One for Christmas 2 years ago along with Xbox Live, I argued with him at the time, I didn't want something that expensive and I definitely didn't want him wasting money also on Live since I wasn't going to use it.

I was wrong! Aside from the free games each month, I really like playing with others online and I have made some good friends from here through it. You should give online gaming a go, don't try just the 1 game and then decide its not for you, try a few of whatever you have that includes online games.
    I played GTA V online for over a year, I am currently playing ARK now and I pop onto COD, Battlefield and The Division and it is a lot more fun playing with other players than on your own.
    Its even better when your in a party chat with them and having a laugh, me and some of the guys recorded one of our sessions where we were just all playing random games and chatting about stupid stuff, I uploaded it to one of those podcast sites too lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BadCharlie wrote: »
    That is a good price. Amazon during the sale a few weeks back I could get it for €30.

Is Xbox live worth keeping? I'm just doing it for the free games. I don't play online

I've had an xbox live subscription for over 10 years and I never play online :pac:

4 "free" games a month though is great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I've had an xbox live subscription for over 10 years and I never play online :pac:

WHY? I can assure you of the high calibre of people you'll meet on Xbox Li.... *BANG* Team killed :mad: feckin 10 yr old bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

BadCharlie wrote: »

Get yourself a copy of Rocket League and go online with it. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Countdown to 2017 sale starts on december 22nd

brace-your-wallet_fb_1752265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

So what your saying is tomorrows weekly deals are gonna be crap.

I can't remember. Does this sale usually be better than the Black Friday sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

brace-your-wallet_fb_1752265.jpg

Yay day of my birthday, pity I'm also working that day,

I can't remember. Does this sale usually be better than the Black Friday sale?

Yeah the daily stuff is usually quite good, recall getting a tales from the borderlands season pass for half price a couple of weeks after the 1st episode was released.

So nobody buy Walking dead season 3 this week when it comes out, wait and see if it's in the daily deals !!!!

EDIT: Just noticed it's nearly 3 weeks long this year, runs to Jan. 9 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dead rising 4 dropped to €33 in Argos, none in Limerick, if anyone has a spare reserve I'd appreciate it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

It seems to out of stock in Galway and Athlone too - anyone know if you can buy it online and get it delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Danick wrote: »
    It seems to out of stock in Galway and Athlone too - anyone know if you can buy it online and get it delivered?

I think it's out of stock everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Danick wrote: »

Out in Dublin too, wouldn't surpise me if they have no stock in the country atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Out in Dublin too, wouldn't surpise me if they have no stock in the country atm.

Yeah I checked a good few around me and none have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cynical me feels that theres probably a pricing error and they flash 'out of stock' on the system. this has happened a few times now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cynical me feels that theres probably a pricing error and they flash 'out of stock' on the system. this has happened a few times now.

I dont think so, I was in 2 argos stores the other day and they were wedged, the manager told me they have loads of stock in the stores but they just havent been put onto the shelves and read into their inventory yet because they are so busy.

Probably, it's £24.99 on the UK store and all the stores up north seem to be out of stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I used the checkargos mobile app to check all the stores.

Out of stock country-wide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Titanfall 2 is 36 in Argos and Watchdogs 2 is 37

Both were showing stock in the last hour

Edit that. Both now showing out of stock too... I had one reserved so I'll see, they usually honor it

amadablam wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 is 36 in Argos and Watchdogs 2 is 37

Both were showing stock in the last hour

Edit that. Both now showing out of stock too... I had one reserved so I'll see, they usually honor it

Titanfall 2 is €35 in Smyths if it helps.

• Advertisement

Titanfall 2 is €35 in Smyths if it helps.

Watchdogs is also 39.99 in smyths aswell :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement