Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox One Elite Controller €76 from Argos.

Buy it for €124.99 choosing Dead Rising 4 as your free game in Special Offers section. Sell Dead Rising to CeX for €49 cash. Elite for €76, not bad.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4488556/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ELITE.htm

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=889842148619#.WF_AnxuLTIU

Dead Rising seems to be out of stock in most stores so won't complete the checkout for me but great spot either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Dead Rising seems to be out of stock in most stores so won't complete the checkout for me but great spot either way.

Oh yeah forgot about that, worth keeping an eye on eh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

pcadhain wrote: »

Going stateside shortly. If i were to buy any of these over there could i use them when i came home?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Going stateside shortly. If i were to buy any of these over there could i use them when i came home?

Storeparser shows digital deals.

But all Xbox games are region free as far as I'm aware.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any good tesco offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One - Digital Code - €7.19

Use this voucher code at the checkout: CDKEYSXMAS10 and you get it for €6.47 :)

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one?mw_aref=games16

Storeparser shows digital deals.

But all Xbox games are region free as far as I'm aware.

The exception are some Chinese ones I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's abut annoying when games aren't available on other marketplaces. I have Singapore credit but neither superhot I not firewatch are available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The lovely Chinese government bans most of the games in china for one reason or another. The list of approved games there is very small. Of course you can just change the region on the console to get around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Just picked up GTA V in Argos for €33
    Cheapest I had seen it anywhere and deceided to lump on at that price.
    Also picked up quantum break for
    €20 which includes the Alan Wake downloads.

Happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just got the Mafia III Collectors edition in Gamestop for €49.99
    Looks like a real steal seeing these are going for £90+ on amazon

5scrmax1.jpg

Wow great package, and price was pretty decent considering it came with a season pass too. I wasn't mad about the game though , repetition kicked in early and hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's still a good game with a few stand out missions. But yes I do agree with the filler as it took me roughly 30 hours to finish. I first played it for a few hours and then left it for about a week and then went back to it and started to enjoy taking over different neighbourhoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I see Gamestop have an xbone elite 1tb for 249.99, is this good value? Is there much difference in a normal xbone and an elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I see Gamestop have an xbone elite 1tb for 249.99, is this good value? Is there much difference in a normal xbone and an elite?

It has a solid state hybrid drive in it as opposed to a standard hdd and includes an Xbox Elite pad that normally sells at €129+ on its own.

It has a solid state hybrid drive in it as opposed to a standard hdd and includes an Xbox Elite pad that normally sells at €129+ on its own.

Ok, so deck worth the money you reckon, or is there better deals out there this side of 300e?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ok, so deck worth the money you reckon, or is there better deals out there this side of 300e?

The only other comparable deal I've seen is a 500gb Xbox One S with Fifa 17 for €250 in Tesco.

The One S is a better console as it is slightly faster and capable for outputting 4k hdr unlike the Elite, you do not get an Elite pad with it though.

The only other comparable deal I've seen is a 500gb Xbox One S with Fifa 17 for €250 in Tesco.

The One S is a better console as it is slightly faster and capable for outputting 4k hdr unlike the Elite, you do not get an Elite pad with it though.

€125 with a free game for the Elite in Argos at the minute if you want both.

Ok so have to weigh up them two options :/
    Thank you

€125 with a free game for the Elite in Argos at the minute if you want both.

Havnt the money for both unfortunately :( I suppose with the a being a better machine, I should buy that and then in the future, if needed I could buy an elite comtroller

• Advertisement

Havnt the money for both unfortunately :( I suppose with the a being a better machine, I should buy that and then in the future, if needed I could buy an elite comtroller

Do you have a 4K TV? If not just look at it this way.. with the S will you use the 4K features? If you buy the Elite will you use all the features on the Controller?

Do you have a 4K TV? If not just look at it this way.. with the S will you use the 4K features? If you buy the Elite will you use all the features on the Controller?

True, and don't plan on getting a 4k tv anytime soon. Good point thanks:)

The S is smaller and uses less power though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I also understand the S's GPU (914MHz) has a slightly higher clock speed than the One (853MHz), which means games run slightly smoother and with higher FPS (according to Digital Foundry over on Eurogamer).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rael wrote: »
    I also understand the S's CPU has a slightly higher clock speed than the One, which means games run slightly smoother and with higher FPS (according to Digital Foundry over on Eurogamer).

I wouldn't factor it into my choices, it's so minor that Microsoft don't even promote it as a benefit.

If a 4k TV is a long way off for the op, I'd be all over the elite console. You're getting a bigger, faster hard-drive straight off the bat, and that controller is a masterpiece.

The power difference is negligible. It is smaller by about 30%.

I upgraded my One to the One S and I'm glad I did but for the OP if he has no plans to buy into 4K for the foreseeable future and he plans on using the Elite Controller everyday then the Elite could be the better buy for him.

The power difference is negligible. It is smaller by about 30%.

I upgraded my One to the One S and I'm glad I did but for the OP if he has no plans to buy into 4K for the foreseeable future and he plans on using the Elite Controller everyday then the Elite could be the better buy for him.

It uses a good bit less juice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4vtwui/xbox_one_s_power_consumption_tv_30w_gaming_50w/

I didn't actually realise it was 50% less thought I read about 30% less.

See I'm saving money by upgrading :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Is there any deals on the one s in store in gamestop or just the same online? 349.99 for gears of war bundle and 2 free games. The choice of games are really cheap crappy games though.

No deals in argos for a change either. Really annoying when im actually buying one

• Advertisement

Argos have actually increased the price on some things in the sale since the last time I price checked them before christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement