Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Was given IW as a guft over the xmas, just IW. Hate it, the mp, havent really played the campaign.

How is MWR? Is it worth the upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't like IW multi-player either but the campaign is very good, much better than most of the recent offerings. MWR is quite good too but I find it just doesn't hold the same charm anymore, I love the fact that it's more of a straight up, modern shooter free from lasers, jetpacks, robots, etc but I think having played it to absolute death when it was released, I'm just not as interested in returning to it as I thought I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

I picked up the Elite controller with Forza 3 (great deal) and Doom from Argos; I was about to buy the latter for PC but said feck it for €19.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Shred wrote: »
    I picked up the Elite controller with Forza 3 (great deal) and Doom from Argos; I was about to buy the latter for PC but said feck it for €19.

I got Doom on PC rather than Xbox for the max settings and 144Hz at 2560x1440.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah greater scalibility was my thinking alright, but feck it (even though I probably could have gotten it for PC around the same price).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Anyone recommend any Xbox one s deals at the moment looking to pick one up also is it best shelling out for the 1tgb model over a 500gb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone recommend any Xbox one s deals at the moment looking to pick one up also is it best shelling out for the 1tgb model over a 500gb ?

Am interested in the 1tb myself. Find a good deal post it here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Is the Xbox One remote going anywhere cheaper than Argos (€29.99)?

Thanks in advance....

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Thanks in advance....
    I got this as a gift for my old man for Xmas.
    I had a good look online before Xmas and couldn't find it much cheaper, think it was E24.99 on the MS Ireland store (but can't see it there at all now).
    Ended up getting it in Argos.

Hope someone can help you find it cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks in advance....

€23.99 in Currys/PCWorld

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote:
    €23.99 in Currys/PCWorld

Well there ya go now! :D

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Well there ya go now! :D

As a rule of thumb, always put anything you're thinking of buying through pricespy.ie It has yet to steer me wrong :D

marcbrophy wrote:
    It has yet to steer me wrong

Muchas Gracias! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Thanks in advance....

If you are in Dublin, the cex on George's Street has a second hand one for 12 euro.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=885370604313#.WGuWoPmLTGg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Someone might be interested in this:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4626727/Trail/searchtext%3EASTRO+A50.htm

Astro A50 for Xbox One for 169.99. Seems to be 1 left in Liffey Valley (only checked a few stores).

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Tesco had xbox one for 250 with fifa 17 the other day and harvey norman has the 1tb for 349 with fifa 17 and the new halo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Someone might be interested in this:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4626727/Trail/searchtext%3EASTRO+A50.htm

Astro A50 for Xbox One for 169.99. Seems to be 1 left in Liffey Valley (only checked a few stores).

just so people know that this is the older gen and requires the chat cable to the controller

still a great headset though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just so people know that this is the older gen and requires the chat cable to the controller

still a great headset though

Yep, nearly got this one myself until I realised it was a Gen 2. The newer Gen 3 that is fully wireless (i.e. does not require a cable connected to the controller to enable chat) was 212 in Argos before xmas. So I got that. Although it has gone back up to 350 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Yep, nearly got this one myself until I realised it was a Gen 2. The newer Gen 3 that is fully wireless (i.e. does not require a cable connected to the controller to enable chat) was 212 in Argos before xmas. So I got that. Although it has gone back up to 350 now.

Both great buys though, Gen 2 is a super purchase at that price if one didn't care about the chat cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dead rising 4 for €31 in Argos and it is in stock this time

Forza horizon 3 for €32 also on offer in Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Anyone seen a deal for an xbox one harddrive. Have the 500gb version but need to expand. Argos seem to be the cheapest for the seagate 2Tb option.

Edit, nevermind, just copped any portable harddrive will work.

Make sure its USB 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Make sure its USB 3.0

100%

Dont know if this has been posted already but Dark Souls 3 is €24.99 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Dont know if this has been posted already but Dark Souls 3 is €24.99 in Smyths

€21.99 in Argos too. Great prices if you can handle the 'YOU DIED' over and over :o months later and I am still dying :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €23.99 in Currys/PCWorld
    They are out of stock online and my local PC World said they don't stock them.
    Faker74 wrote: »
    If you are in Dublin, the cex on George's Street has a second hand one for 12 euro.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=885370604313#.WGuWoPmLTGg
    Thanks, but its not near me ;)
    I don't order from them online anymore either, have done it 3 times and 3 times they messed it up (damaged item/wrong item/screwed up payment)

In the end I got in Argos. Great yoke, really bought it thinking about Blu-rays but its really handy for Netflix too.
    Thanks for the help anyway guys.

I got mine a few months back and it's been indispensable since,
    I'm one of about 4 people in the world who actually use my set top box through the Xbox, so I use it for watching TV, Netflix, 4od etc :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote:
    I got mine a few months back and it's been indispensable since, I'm one of about 4 people in the world who actually use my set top box through the Xbox, so I use it for watching TV, Netflix, 4od etc

This is why I got it for the old man. He's got his Virgin Horizon box running through his Xbox. He was giving out about having to use the controller (no problem playing games with it though ha ha).

It's actually a lovely little remote :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement