Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

It feels like a real quality item. Nice texture and the illuminated buttons are cool too :D

In regards CDKEYS. I don't have Facebook but can I get a friend to like their page for the 5% discount or is it linked to my email address?

EDIT forgot to add the bargain. The Division - E14.39 on CDKEYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

In regards CDKEYS. I don't have Facebook but can I get a friend to like their page for the 5% discount or is it linked to my email address?

Should be ok, code is randomly generated, got a code once that didn't work just got another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    This is why I got it for the old man. He's got his Virgin Horizon box running through his Xbox. He was giving out about having to use the controller (no problem playing games with it though ha ha).

It's actually a lovely little remote :)

I've seen a 3rd party one on eBay for £8. If it does the same job that's some saving...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sticker wrote: »
    I've seen a 3rd party one on eBay for £8. If it does the same job that's some saving...

I was lucky enough to grab a Gamestop branded one for €2 when the they were selling them off. Works grand.

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to grab a Gamestop branded one for €2 when the they were selling them off. Works grand.

Exactly... why buy something for 5 times the price? Build quality might be better but it's just a remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If you don't mind waiting weeks (and weeks.... and weeks) for one, aliexpress have the same remote for around 5 euro. Here's one, but lots of other sellers

http://s.aliexpress.com/MrIVBvUZ

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Does anyone else use the Xbox app as a remote? I find it useful.

Does the actual remote offer much more? Or is it just another remote to add to the pile? :D

RemotePile-picsay1_zpsxo8sufs1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

sticker wrote:
    Exactly... why buy something for 5 times the price? Build quality might be better but it's just a remote!
    ...Because it's an Xmas gift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

amadablam wrote:
    Does anyone else use the Xbox app as a remote? I find it useful.

Yep, I do. The startup time of the app is my only real gripe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yep, I do. The startup time of the app is my only real gripe

Yeah what is that about. Strange how they still haven't fixed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I use a Logitech harmony remote, which I use to control everything in my media centre. At least, I did, until I got rid of everything but the Xbox, so now I use a ridiculously expensive remote to do what a five pound one would do. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Any chance of an xbox bargain alert in our near future.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

With them now being B.C grab these before CeX raise the price!

Battlefield 3 - €5

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    - €2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Battlefield 3 - €5

- €2

Anything with ea access?

Hococop wrote: »
    Anything with ea access?

Not yet. They stopped putting 360 games immediately into the vault upon bc with Skate 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm so glad that I still have them :) hoard everything for your Xbox :o eventually it will be with something to you again.

Same, kept BF3 on disc and have Bad Company 2 digital, along with Bad Company 1 on disc that's the only games I kept from my 360 days waiting for this glorious day to come! :D

• Advertisement

BF3 is disc only I think anyway. Seems to be numbers on tonight in BC2

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Battlefield 3 - €5

- €2

And rise they did.

E2 to E5 and E5 to E10.

I had a voucher so went in, showed stock... was told they were sold online.

I went into Gamestop and they had both for e5 each, plus they had 3 for 2 so took a second BF3 that I'll sell to CEX for e4/e6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Because some people like to spend a bit of money for a high quality item. A remote yes, but something I'll be using nearly every other day.

Simply Games are currently selling the 500gb Xbox One S Minecraft bundle for £194.99/~€225 plus shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

Simply Games are currently selling the 500gb Xbox One S Minecraft bundle for £194.99/~€225 plus shipping.

Thanks do you know if we would need to pay import duty on this?

Feck Off wrote: »
    Thanks do you know if we would need to pay import duty on this?

Its from the UK which is still part of the EU so no import duty should be applied.

Its from the UK which is still part of the EU so no import duty should be applied.

Great thanks. Reason i asked is because some game sites ship from Jersey which due to its tax poilices seem to get flagged at customers here Zavvi being one that i know.

Feck Off wrote: »
    Great thanks. Reason i asked is because some game sites ship from Jersey which due to its tax poilices seem to get flagged at customers here Zavvi being one that i know.

Well, if you are unsure you could always get it sent to Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

Well, if you are unsure you could always get it sent to Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

Sounds good thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

The white Xbox controller i ordered week of Black Friday had arrived in a box saying "Missent to Thailand "
    But I have already received a reorder of the controller Xmas week ..........
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement