Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Cheers lads, I'll hang on so until I finish The Witcher and see what's on offer, will definitely be looking for something less life consuming after that.

Had a 360 since release and was big into gaming since my Mega Drive days but drifted away from it the last few years. Got an Xbox One for Christmas and loving it so far. Seeing as I'm only getting into this gen at a late stage all games are new to me so may aswell hold on for deals and grab them as they pop up.

Seriously need to get the Witcher finished though, there's a hole world of gaming out there I'm neglecting because of my love of sauntering around the countryside playing Gwent with Innkeeper's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its a losing battle Skerry! With all the deals and bargains that appear, there are folk on here that have bought so many games they will never leave the house to see the outside world again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

skerry wrote: »
    Cheers lads, I'll hang on so until I finish The Witcher and see what's on offer, will definitely be looking for something less life consuming after that.

Halo 5 Digital Deluxe edition has been as low as €17 on cdkeys at times.
    you actually get 2 premium req packs per week, over a five week period.

The Campaign is grand, noting groundbreaking, its biggest sin is probably that its nothing like what the advertising suggested, but its very much a halo game.

The Multiplayer is the best Halo has even been, I must be closing in on 250 hours of it at this stage, and I still play it a few times a week.

With Gears 4, it looks awesome, the campaign is great, if maybe an hour or so too short for my liking, but its a very worthy addition to the franchise. I plonked down 80 notes for the premium edition, which irks me to this day, as I haven't got nearly as much time out of the multiplayer that I thought I would. I'd still recommend it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If you still feel the need for a Halo itch, the Halo MCC collection can be got for less than a tenner, and while it was rocky at the start, it's pretty solid now. Loads of campaign time as well, seeing as you're getting four games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

nicklauski wrote: »
    Any deals on a One S at the moment lads? Gamestop wanted 350 for Gears 4 edition. Bit steep for something I dont REALLY need at the mo as I have the VCR sizes one :D
    Argos have a few offers if you're still looking:

• Advertisement

The white controllers are down to 55 in Argos at the moment. Black ones are about 75

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you still feel the need for a Halo itch, the Halo MCC collection can be got for less than a tenner, and while it was rocky at the start, it's pretty solid now. Loads of campaign time as well, seeing as you're getting four games.

Started game-sharing with a friend last week and got access to this, having a lot of fun.

Played through most of 1, all of 3 and started 4 while co-op.

No matter what we tried we couldn't get Halo 2 to launch in co-op though, kept crashing. Tried trouble-shooting but the game had/has such an abundance of technical issues i couldn't get any answers.

Anyone here on Xbox one manage to play Halo 2 in co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

MCC's Halo 2 is notorious for crashing. I've played some specific levels on legendary difficulty in co-op (both online and split-screen) multiple times only for them to crash, sometimes at the ending cut scenes. These levels aren't short and its incredibly annoying and random. Sorry but it seems like you need to be quick and lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Probably be very short lived, but 12 months Live & 12 months EA Access for £55 on Amazon UK right now in the todays deals section.

Only 5 left at time of writing :eek:

EDIT: Link added

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/Access-Xbox-Live-Gold-Membership-Months-Online/B01M1I7TLQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1486981817&sr=1-6&keywords=xbox+live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure if mentioned already but Elite controller only 124.99 in Argos with 1 game of your choose free. Includes Dead Rising 4 & Forza Horizon 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Probably be very short lived, but 12 months Live & 12 months EA Access for £55 on Amazon UK right now in the todays deals section.

Only 5 left at time of writing :eek:

EDIT: Link added

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/Access-Xbox-Live-Gold-Membership-Months-Online/B01M1I7TLQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1486981817&sr=1-6&keywords=xbox+live

Has it not been that price for a few weeks now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has it not been that price for a few weeks now?

Oh, maybe it has been dude!
    Sorry, haven't yet woke up today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned already but Elite controller only 124.99 in Argos with 1 game of your choose free. Includes Dead Rising 4 & Forza Horizon 3

Ffs, replaced mine yesterday and didn't have the free game on the offer. Will go in tomorrow and see if they'll honor it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ffs, replaced mine yesterday and didn't have the free game. Will go in tomorrow and see if they'll honor it.

If you didnt open it then return it and they should give you the latest offer with no problem :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    If you didnt open it then return it and they should give you the latest offer with no problem :)

Still sealed atm, jumped on it yesterday as it had gone down to €125, but as I said there was no free game offer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Still sealed atm, jumped on it yesterday as it had gone down to €125, but as I said there was no free game offer.

Grand, just go back to the manager and they will look after you so :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

my elite pad is working fine, and I've no real interest in Dead Rising 4, yet I feel strangely compelled.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

my elite pad is working fine, and I've no real interest in Dead Rising 4, yet I feel strangely compelled.....

If there's one thing better than an Elite pad, it's TWO Elite pads....

EDIT: Just had a flash back to playing Goldeneye on the N64 with two controllers, how random.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

pcadhain wrote: »
    MCC's Halo 2 is notorious for crashing. I've played some specific levels on legendary difficulty in co-op (both online and split-screen) multiple times only for them to crash, sometimes at the ending cut scenes. These levels aren't short and its incredibly annoying and random. Sorry but it seems like you need to be quick and lucky.
    I still have difficulty matchmaking in multiplayer. Seemingly endless waiting sometimes. I rarely boot it up now as I've still no faith in it not to waste my time.

Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition has been reduced to €62.79(extra 5% off with FB code making it €59.65) on cdkeys.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-wars-2-ultimate-edition-xbox-one-pc

Fantastic price for this considering it contains Halo Wars 2, Halo Wars 2 season pass and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition, plus seeing as this is a digital code you also get Win10 versions. The price is €90 on XBL for this version.

• Advertisement

Quite a few games reduced in price in Argos this morning including Lego Dimensions for €42

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Thats actually half tempting, I only have one of those ten games.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone care to list out the games? site is blocked here :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone care to list out the games? site is blocked here :(

*LIMITED TIME OFFER*From 17th February to 9th March save up to 80% and get 10 amazing games in one bundle!Games included:The Swapper: An award-winning, narrative driven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space.Thomas Was Alone: The critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Hue - An award-winning puzzle-platformer where you shift the hue of the world, creating rifts when colours collide.Stealth Inc 2: A puzzle platformer where you play the role of a clone escaping a sinister and high-tech testing facility.Stikbold!: A single and local multiplayer dodgeball game heavily inspired by the 70's.The SwindleOlliOlliNova-111Action Henk10 Second Ninja X

jonnycivic wrote: »
    *LIMITED TIME OFFER*From 17th February to 9th March save up to 80% and get 10 amazing games in one bundle!Games included:The Swapper: An award-winning, narrative driven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space.Thomas Was Alone: The critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Hue - An award-winning puzzle-platformer where you shift the hue of the world, creating rifts when colours collide.Stealth Inc 2: A puzzle platformer where you play the role of a clone escaping a sinister and high-tech testing facility.Stikbold!: A single and local multiplayer dodgeball game heavily inspired by the 70's.The SwindleOlliOlliNova-111Action Henk10 Second Ninja X

Haha Jonny, I thought that you just got lazy half way through and just lashed the rest of the games in, but no, that's directly from their site, how ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I thought the same, very thrown together by MS.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haha Jonny, I thought that you just got lazy half way through and just lashed the rest of the games in, but no, that's directly from their site, how ridiculous.

Yeah I was bolding up the others and the ones at the end were just mashed together so was looking at getting another list elsewhere :D

So is it worth the 20 folks??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only one I can vouch for is Thomas Was Alone, brilliant game. Haven't played the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The Swapper, Thomas Was Alone, Hue, Stealth Inc 2, Stikbold, The Swindle, OlliOlli, Nova-111, Action Henk and 10 Second Ninja X

There we go :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement